View Full Version : Thank you OKCTalk for making me a huge nerd...

warreng88
12-31-2008, 01:58 PM
So I got a call from my wife (who works downtown at Leadership Square) a couple of weeks ago and she asked me "Do you know what they are going to be putting in next to the Ford Center where those car dealerships are?" I said, "Are you talking about the large office towers with retail at the bottom?" She said "Damn it! How did you know about that? I thought I might have some insider info that you didn't have yet." Literally two days later, I get a call from one of my best friends in Tulsa. He says, "Guess what we are getting before you?" I said, "Dave and Buster's?" He said, "What the hell? How did you know about that?"

Point of the story, now my wife and friend ask me about anything they are remotely interested in around the metro areas to see if they know it and I don't.

OKCisOK4me
12-31-2008, 02:09 PM
I feel ya buddy. I'm known as the Tree of Knowledge amongst my friends!

Midtowner
12-31-2008, 02:12 PM
I'll one-up all of you :)

I've seen OKCTalk threads printed and stuffed into lawyer's files for use in court cases. Not that anything here would ever be admissible, but it's interesting how folks use the information they pick up here.

OKCTalker
12-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Shhhhh! Ya gotta keep this thing on the down low or we're ALL busted!

BDP
12-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Are you talking about the large office towers with retail at the bottom

I missed this and can't find it with a search. What's going on?

warreng88
12-31-2008, 04:35 PM
I missed this and can't find it with a search. What's going on?

The tentative Core to Shore plans call for two 20 (or so) towers to be built directly west of the Ford Center where the two dealerships currently reside. The towers will have retail street level and offices above. The retail will also face the new boulevard once completed. Again, this is all tentative but can be found in the Core to Shore plans at okc.gov.

Pete
12-31-2008, 07:07 PM
You know it's bad when I've lived in Southern California for 18 years but I'M the one giving local restaurant recommendations to friends in OKC or telling them about new developments or other goings on.

Thanks OKCTalkers! :)

Luke
12-31-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm known as the Tree of Knowledge amongst my friends!

And you're an osu fan? Impressive!

;)

jsibelius
12-31-2008, 10:01 PM
I feel ya buddy. I'm known as the Tree of Knowledge amongst my friends!

And you're an osu fan? Impressive!

;)

Bam! http://www.cruiselinefans.com/images/smilies/lol.gif

BDP
01-01-2009, 05:30 PM
The tentative Core to Shore plans call for two 20 (or so) towers to be built directly west of the Ford Center where the two dealerships currently reside. The towers will have retail street level and offices above. The retail will also face the new boulevard once completed. Again, this is all tentative but can be found in the Core to Shore plans at okc.gov.

Thanks. I thought maybe something real had come up. It's a good idea, but it's hard to put a lot of stock in the c2s stuff at this point.

Luke
01-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Post redacted.

metro
01-06-2009, 09:38 AM

Not tentative, speculative, wishful dreaming at this point, but its nice to dream right now and could be reality or something similar to reality in the not too distant future, no firm plans are in place.