View Full Version : Holiday Bowl

NativeOkie
12-31-2008, 02:40 AM
Okay, I live in San Diego and I'm a 3rd generation Sooner.

I was supporting my Home state and the Big 12 tonight against Oregon.
How frustrating, This is a team OSU Should have beat.
The Mrs Native Okie who happens to be from CU. Said "now you know how it feels"
I could not get over how quiet the people wearing orange were.
I cheered for you and with you, I crossed the line of my moral compass...
Signed a disappointed Native Son.
:whiteflag

dcsooner
12-31-2008, 02:50 AM
OSU did in fact play poorly last night and I too am a Sooner fan who was rooting for the Pokes. OU people please do not begin piling on for the Sooners have stunk the last 4 BCS bowls and if you believe the predictions will do so again.

Martin
12-31-2008, 05:28 AM
how disappointing. i only watched the first half of the game and osu, for the most part, played well... i was thinking they'd pull away in the second half. i guess that the 'other' osu team showed up for the third an fourth quarters? sure wish they'd work on their consistency.

-M

Luke
12-31-2008, 06:31 AM
Did you see the guy with the big "BOOMER SOONER" banner in the crowd? That was definitely a highlight.

TaoMaas
12-31-2008, 07:02 AM
I know this is blasphemy, but I was hoping Dez Bryant would stay out of the game because it seemed like his presence was making OSU overlook their other weapons. I can't help but feel that OSU might have played a little smarter if Dez had been taken out of the equation.

dcsooner
12-31-2008, 07:05 AM
It seemed like Gundy played the entire first half throwing to Dez Bryant ,I guess he was the entire offense. I think the loss should be squarely on his shoulders. They had the opportunity to bury Oregon in the first half on at least 4-5 occassions and failed to do so.

td25er
12-31-2008, 07:52 AM
When Robinson got hurt, the game was over. He couldn't make any throws b/c his back was obviously affected him. They definitely should have kept Dez out after he got hurt.

Thow in Oregon's holding blocking on their running game, and OSU was destined to lose.

CuatrodeMayo
12-31-2008, 07:55 AM
I applaud the defense for the most part, especially for that goalline stand late in the game. But one of our best units, special teams, blew it repeatedly. Not to mention the craptacular offense, although the Barry Sanders to Mike Gundy recreation was quite a highlight. I am extremely disappointed in my Cowboys. I think that is why our fans were so quiet...the Poke Choke is nothing to cheer about.

TaoMaas
12-31-2008, 08:02 AM
I applaud the defenes for the most part, especially for that goalline stand late in the game.

That's a great point. For all the talk about both the high-scoring offenses in this game, it really boiled down to which defense could get a few stops.

NativeOkie
12-31-2008, 01:52 PM
The Boomer Sooner guys (holding sign) were with the Oregon students.
It was a cheap shot from what appears to be Duck punks.

OKCisOK4me
12-31-2008, 02:13 PM
Did you see the guy with the big "BOOMER SOONER" banner in the crowd? That was definitely a highlight.

I know, kinda makes me want to go to the MNC game on January 8th and hold up the lost sign OSU didn't show on their sideline!

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r170/OkStateBBall78/osusign3-1.jpg

westsidesooner
12-31-2008, 03:27 PM
Obviously I'm an OU fan, but alot of my friends and family pull for the cowboys, as did I last night. I always pull for OSU when they aren't playing OU. And I always pull for Big XII teams in the bowls, though it was hard to pull for Mizzou and CD. I think OSU was the better team last night but they got outplayed. Also Dez was hurt, how many times did they show that knee getting bent.......OUCH. And did anyone else think Zac played alot different after that hard (not called) helmet to helmet hit. He looked a little out of it after that. All in all it was a decent year for the pokes, and next year they should challenge for the south title.

NativeOkie
12-31-2008, 03:45 PM
I know, kinda makes me want to go to the MNC game on January 8th and hold up the lost sign OSU didn't show on their sideline!

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r170/OkStateBBall78/osusign3-1.jpg

Once your team plays for a national championship, (if ever) let alone wins one you can make that sign.

bluedogok
12-31-2008, 07:03 PM
Losing Bryant was big for them, they lost the downfield threat went he was injured and the Oregon defense knew it. They sure beat the crap out of Robinson and some bordered on cheap shots.

Luke
12-31-2008, 07:35 PM
Once your team plays for a national championship, (if ever) let alone wins one you can make that sign.

:) True.

venture
12-31-2008, 08:35 PM
Bowl season I think most of turn into Big 12 all around fans. Definitely sucks that OSU lost. Kansas did win today, so grants to Mangino's boys. Mizzou won theirs.

jsibelius
12-31-2008, 10:08 PM
We didn't stay up long enough to see the results, so we were disappointed to hear OSU didn't finish it out last night. I'm not an OSU fan, but I can appreciate them enough to cheer for them in a bowl game. At least now that Burns Hargis is at the helm and Schmidly is (blessedly) gone.

CuatrodeMayo
01-01-2009, 12:58 AM
Schmidly is (blessedly) gone.

AMEN X Infinity.