View Full Version : Metro Projects/People....

BricktownGuy
12-29-2008, 06:17 PM
hi, everyone...

As some of you may know.. I have a member of the site for years... I used to post quite alot but more recently have become more of a reader than a poster. Also, I have been in London for the past 3 years... and have been trying to stay in the loop by reading this site to get some info about whats happening....which leads me to the reason behind this post.

I was wondering if everyone would contribution to provide updates to metro projects that have been in the works and/or updates on metro individuals and what they have been working on....

1. What the latest on Hal Smith Restaurant Group?

2. What is the latest on Randy Hogan?

3. What is the latest on Sooner Investments?

4. What the latest on the Covell project?

5. What is the latest in Lower Bricktown?

6. What is Zerby Interest up to?

7. Whats happening with Ron Wilhite?

8. What the latest in Tapp Development?

9. What is Burk Collins and Company doing?

10. What is Jeff Moore Homes' company doing with Bricktown Square purchase?

11. What about Gardner Tanenbaum?

I welcome your responses.

Thanks

BTG

Steve
12-30-2008, 12:33 PM
I'll take the first shot at this...

- Hal's doing just fine, slowly expanding. I believe he either has or is about to open a Mexican restaurant where Bahama Breeze was at East Wharf along Lake Hefner.
Randy is happy to have 100 percent leased at Lower Bricktown. He's put further development on hold until the national economy hopefully thaws this spring.

- I don't know. I think they've been working some deals in Edmond, but I have no specifics.
- Don't know - not my area.
- See No. 2
- Don't know.
- Don't know
- Don't know.
- Don't know.
- OK. Jeff has teamed up with Chuck Ainsworth. They've leased out the old Daquari Zone and are nearing completion on renovation of the old Candy building. And of course work is proceeding on the banjo museum.
- Dick has learned it's easier to create rental residential than for-sale downtown, and he's doing just fine with that.

metro
12-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Steve,

There are more updates for #5. There have been more tenants move into Lower Bricktown like Starbucks, Red Pin, In the Raw, Bolero (tapas bar), and Paralogia. The Centennial has residents in it now and is almost 100% full on the retail floors. BricktownGuy most of these topics have updates, if you do an individual search for each of these topics you're interested in, you'll probably find an updated thread on almost each of these topics, some with pictures that might be more recent than last time you read them or this site.

BricktownGuy
12-31-2008, 07:10 AM
Thanks.

Metro... I do read regularly this site and others. Most of the ones I listed.. are one of two things..

1. Not updated in sometime...

or

2. No articles relating to the item or person in question. (i.e. Zerby Interest, Ron Wilhite, Tapp Development, etc)

Thanks for posting some information.

jbrown84
12-31-2008, 09:31 AM
I'll try to be a little more helpful than metro.

Steve covered everything I know.

he did a pretty solid job filling up the Centennial with quality retail. now if he can only fill in the other holes in LBT.

not sure which group this is.

sounds like it may be dead. in another thread someone posted an article a couple days ago saying that the study Edmond commissioned recommended the 15th street development for the city convention center. Simon also pulled out of the Covell project, so I doubt it happens.

covered

never heard of them

never heard of him

never heard of them

never heard of them

That block is moving along, with the Candy Factory seeing a lot of progress and Brix Sports Bar about to open in the Daquiri Zone space.

They started a second phase on the Lincoln at Central Park. Also a new office park near Tinker.

donbroncho
12-31-2008, 11:07 AM
As much criticism as Hogan has received on this board(justifiably so), he maintains his developments well and like has been said above, he has sold I think 100percent of the centennial apartments and brought in good tenants(bolero,red pin, etc).

So I guess hes waiting for the economy to improve before he develops the land next to Toby Keith's? Hopefully, it is developed right...

Steve
12-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Geez, one thing I have to say about this board: can we all just quit with the oneupmanship and trying to act smarter than everyone else? I'm not targeting anyone specificially here - there are multiple people guilty (maybe even myself in some eyes). One problem, I'm sure, is that the tone comes out different from intent when it's online.
That said now .... I think this website is great, I love learning something new from it almost daily, and Pete, thanks, and have a Great New Year!
-Steve Lackmeyer

shane453
12-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Geez, one thing I have to say about this board: can we all just quit with the oneupmanship and trying to act smarter than everyone else? I'm not targeting anyone specificially here - there are multiple people guilty (maybe even myself in some eyes). One problem, I'm sure, is that the tone comes out different from intent when it's online.
That said now .... I think this website is great, I love learning something new from it almost daily, and Pete, thanks, and have a Great New Year!
-Steve Lackmeyer

Amen! But you're not one of the guilty parties at all Steve- I don't think you could be legitimately one-upped anyway and you certainly don't seem to be constantly trying to prove your worth like some others. Shoot, Steve, you ARE downtown OKC.

jbrown84
12-31-2008, 09:10 PM
I wasn't trying to one-up. I was simply responding to the fact that metro simply told the OP to just go do a search. Sometimes this is understandable when certain people clearly aren't looking very hard, but in this case, Bricktownguy is a long time member and clearly is asking about things that AREN'T here anywhere.

BricktownGuy
01-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks everyone who has contributed.

Here is some clarification...

not sure which group this is. (Involved with Tulsa Hills, Bridges at Spring Creek, University Town Center - Norman, OK)

never heard of them (involved with Spring Creek Plaza, Edmond)

never heard of him (Involved with Waterside Development and Riverwalk in Moore)

never heard of them (involved with commercial real estate projects usually around Wal-mart sites, Home | Tapp Development (http://www.tappdevelopment.com/p/4495/Default.aspx) )

never heard of them (involved in Shops at Moore, 240 Penn Park, Mid America Business Park)

jbrown84
01-01-2009, 05:03 PM
I haven't heard a lick about Bridges at Spring Creek since it was finally approved by voters what seems like over a year ago.

University North Park continues to expand. The Embassy Suites opened about a month ago and is really well done from what I've heard.

jsibelius
01-01-2009, 06:17 PM
I think they are *finally* getting started on the Bridges construction. I started to think they decided to just forget about it, but there's a lot of activity going on in that area right now - a lot of dirt moving, lots of temporary lane closures, and best of all: so many trees are gone (can you feel the sarcasm?). I think they finally got going right before Thanksgiving, maybe(?)

jbrown84
01-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Oh I hadn't noticed tree removal, but I don't get up there often. Unfortunately it's a terrible time to try to get new stores to come into a new development.