View Full Version : 7 11 Stores

FFLady
12-29-2008, 01:49 PM
I have heard they are no longer buying the gasoline that contains ethanol...anyone else hear this?

t3h_wookiee
12-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Yep, check the stickers at your local stations. The ones I go to now all say that they are no longer buying ethanol, as they believe in saving you money, or something like that.

Chynna802
12-29-2008, 02:06 PM
I noticed that this morning. I think they say that they will not use ethanol UNLESS it saves you money....

FFLady
12-29-2008, 02:49 PM
COOL!!! Thanks guys!

hipsterdoofus
12-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Tis true...I don't think the Ethanol stuff is any cheaper now...I noticed this a week or two back. Now my question is, when prices go back up, will they swap stickers every other week?

HOT ROD
12-29-2008, 10:02 PM
I would imagine, given the above comments.

Thunder
12-30-2008, 01:15 AM
I've been thinkin bout starting a topic about something similar. Just how low will the price be for the stations to stop using ethanol? It is pretty much affordable now.

I wonder when OnCue will wake up? Hello? I hope an OnCue manager is reading this and get the wakeup call!

oneforone
12-30-2008, 11:28 AM
OnCue is using Ethanol Free Fuel. (At least that is what the flashing sign says at the store on 15th and Air Depot.)

scootinger
12-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Why are these stations removing the ethanol from their gas? Is it because gas is so cheap now that you might as well buy it without ethanol, or has regular gas dropped to the same price point as ethanol gas? I've noticed a fairly big price discrepancy between gas stations recently and I figured it might have something to do with certain stations being delivered ethanol gas and others being delivered ethanol-free gas...ie last night I noticed 7-11 at Danforth & Santafe had gas for $1.29, while the 7-11 at Danforth & Bryant (3 miles away) was $1.49. Of course I'm probably wrong though. :)

Thunder
12-30-2008, 01:10 PM
OnCue is using Ethanol Free Fuel. (At least that is what the flashing sign says at the store on 15th and Air Depot.)

That's funny, because the last time I was there, they still had this "May contain up to 10% Ethanol" sticker. Maybe they should remove them all to totally restore our confidence. Do they secretly pour alcohol and anything else into those pumps?

Nermel
12-31-2008, 09:21 PM
Those signs at 7-11 make me suspect that their fuel still contains ethanol. I still pay a few extra pennies at the foreign owned store across the street with the big yellow signs advertising no ethanol in their fuel.

kallio
12-31-2008, 11:35 PM
I try to avoid 7-11's anyway - too dirty. I miss my Quick Trips! If only there were more On Cue's - they're almost like a QT.

oneforone
01-02-2009, 03:38 AM
That's funny, because the last time I was there, they still had this "May contain up to 10% Ethanol" sticker. Maybe they should remove them all to totally restore our confidence. Do they secretly pour alcohol and anything else into those pumps?

Yes, I believe they do. While we are talking conspiracy theories I hear they perform alien autopsies in the back coolers, they have wiretaps on every gas pump feeding audio to a secret CIA location here in OKC and Jimmy Hoffa's body is buried under OnCue's corporate office.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-02-2009, 05:40 AM
I try to avoid 7-11's anyway - too dirty. I miss my Quick Trips! If only there were more On Cue's - they're almost like a QT.

What 7-11's are you going to? Most of the ones I've been in recently have been quite nice.

oneforone
01-02-2009, 02:53 PM
What 7-11's are you going to? Most of the ones I've been in recently have been quite nice.

There are still a few old 7-11 stores around the metro that need to be rebuilt or remodeled. He/she may live or work near one of them.

hipsterdoofus
01-02-2009, 03:32 PM

Its true that 7-11's are not as nice, particularly in the restrooms...but....to not buy gas from them because of this?

jsibelius
01-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Its true that 7-11's are not as nice, particularly in the restrooms...but....to not buy gas from them because of this?

Yes. And plenty of other stores for the same reason.

scootinger
01-02-2009, 05:36 PM
There are still a few old 7-11 stores around the metro that need to be rebuilt or remodeled. He/she may live or work near one of them.

How about all of them? Sure, the older 7-11 stores are not as clean as the new ones. But every time I go into ANY 7-11 store (even the brand new ones) it feels like I'm walking into the 1980s. I'm not usually the pickiest person about how stores look but I think 7-11 needs a bit of a change. Hopefully all of the OnCue stores popping up around OKC will give them some competition and therefore motivation to change!

Thunder
01-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Look at Walmart and Target.

Walmart stores are very bland, plain, brite white >>> Lower prices.

Target stores are very decorative, blah blah blah >>> Higher prices.

Maybe that is what 7-11 is doing. Keep it cheap style >>> Lower prices.

Jon27
01-02-2009, 11:29 PM
I pay at the pump so I rarely notice the 7-11 inside. When I do go inside for a drink, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. It's a gas station, not the Hilton! OnCue and Circle K have at least 2-3 cents higher gas. I'm cheap, so I don't care!

Intrepid
01-02-2009, 11:39 PM

better alert the manager and tell them that you've "caught" them!

:tiphat:

Thunder
01-03-2009, 12:18 AM
better alert the manager and tell them that you've "caught" them!

:tiphat:

I tell them all the time some of the prices is way too high. I tell them all the time that lower prices bring in more customers.

scootinger
01-03-2009, 02:50 AM
Look at Walmart and Target.

Walmart stores are very bland, plain, brite white >>> Lower prices.

Maybe that is what 7-11 is doing. Keep it cheap style >>> Lower prices.

No, it's because they don't have any decent competition around here. Decent convenience stores like QuikTrip are able to offer low prices (well...by convenience store standards) and operate quality, clean stores. There's not much of a reason that 7-11 can't do that either.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-03-2009, 04:41 AM
7-11 also pays their employees better by quite a margin. My wife worked her way through college working there without having to take out a single student loan. She has no regrets from working there at all. That says a lot about them right there.

hipsterdoofus
01-03-2009, 06:00 PM
No, it's because they don't have any decent competition around here. Decent convenience stores like QuikTrip are able to offer low prices (well...by convenience store standards) and operate quality, clean stores. There's not much of a reason that 7-11 can't do that either.

No decent competition? You are kidding right? QuikTrip is in the same situation in Tulsa - they set the price on gas in Tulsa, moreso than 7-11 does in OKC. That being said, I appreciate what QuikTrip does inside their stores, but as far as gas prices, nothing wrong with how 7-11 does it.

masonsmomma
01-03-2009, 08:07 PM
I tell them all the time some of the prices is way too high. I tell them all the time that lower prices bring in more customers.

My favorite type of customer..the one that comes in and complains about the prices. Just go where it's cheap and leave it be. Nothing ruins a day like a customer telling you how walmart has this for 3 cents cheaper. We already know this, I don't need to be reminded 5 times a day.

Thunder
01-03-2009, 08:26 PM
My favorite type of customer..the one that comes in and complains about the prices. Just go where it's cheap and leave it be. Nothing ruins a day like a customer telling you how walmart has this for 3 cents cheaper. We already know this, I don't need to be reminded 5 times a day.

It is good to be reminded 5 times a day, cuz you just never know that one day you'll move so far up, you could have at some point affect the prices.

kevinpate
01-03-2009, 08:43 PM
I've never understood the concept that QT's are nicer or cleaner. maybe I just visit the nasty side of QT's spectrum or something, but I'll take a hohum 7-11 over a QT just almost any day.

jsibelius
01-04-2009, 10:22 AM

Someone should tell all those customers that shop there. http://www.cruiselinefans.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Lots of people shop at Target because they put a lot of organic products on the shelf. For example. Price isn't everything. I finally stopped shopping there because I got tired of tripping over the guys stocking the shelves and the boxes in the aisles every time I went in. Sometimes, clean is everything.

bluedogok
01-04-2009, 12:22 PM
I rarely go to Wal-Mart, I have nothing against Wal-Mart like some do but most around here are too busy and cramped for me (the older non-Supercenter ones) or they are the too big Supercenters. I much prefer Target and could care less if Wal-Mart has something for a nickle cheaper. I usually get in/out of Target much quicker than Wal-Mart and they are usually on the way home so they are easier to get to. I am willing to pay a little more for convenience and ease. When I lived in OKC I usually preferred 7-11 over the others as most were easier/cleaner than the rest. We usually stop at QT in Fort Worth on the way up there because it is better than most of the truck stop type places along I-35.

oneforone
01-05-2009, 02:18 AM
There are some nice 7-11 stores around OKC most of which are the new concept stores.

Such as

19th and Santa Fe in Moore.

SW 104th and Penn

SW 60th and May

NW 178th and Western

SW 134th and Penn

Hefner and May

SW 66th and Western

NW 10th and Western

Reno and Morgan

Those are only a select few that I can think of at the moment. These new stores/remodeled stores have wide aisles, prep areas for drinks/food and a better selection.

Thunder
01-05-2009, 04:46 AM
44th and Bryant in Del City.

They moved from OKC across the street to Del City.

To help for the new building expenses, they built an xtra space for rent.

At the previous location, I remember just after 9/11, this black lady jacked up the gas price to $5. Oh the speed mom drove her truck to the Total station. lol

Hmmmm, what happened to Total?

PennyQuilts
01-05-2009, 05:22 AM
When I hear people who aren't wealthy say that the price isn't everything, I think to myself - YOU GO ECONOMY!!! I think they'd done studies that for grocery stores, at least, cleanliness is the biggest make or break characteristic.

When I was young and poor, three cents saved on an item was important just on principal if nothing else (that was back in the days when gasoline was cheap so you could drive further to save a little here, a little there). Even then, three cents wouldn't make much difference but it added up if you had a frugal mentality.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-06-2009, 12:09 AM
When I hear people who aren't wealthy say that the price isn't everything, I think to myself - YOU GO ECONOMY!!! I think they'd done studies that for grocery stores, at least, cleanliness is the biggest make or break characteristic.

When I was young and poor, three cents saved on an item was important just on principal if nothing else (that was back in the days when gasoline was cheap so you could drive further to save a little here, a little there). Even then, three cents wouldn't make much difference but it added up if you had a frugal mentality.

A lot of what I see when I see people saving 3 cents on something (gas included) is penny-wise pound foolish.

My bud's dad will drive 4 miles out of his way to save $0.20 on a 12 pack of Mountain Dew, and knows how much gas costs at every station for 10 miles. He lectures me every time I see him about how much money I waste by getting gas by my house and not looking at sale prices in the Sunday paper for where to buy my cokes.

I just look at him and blink a bit...Because I can't believe a guy that bought his house 28 years ago with a $28,000 mortgage and now owes about $120,000 on that same house and has another 28 years to pay because he keeps refinancing every 4 years to buy a new truck is lecturing me about money. No way would I tell him that...So I just say "yeah I know...I'm young and dumb and I'll eventually learn".

/pays extra on his mortgage because that crap adds up fast

jsibelius
01-07-2009, 10:37 AM
I could not agree with you more. *sniff sniff* (what's that smell in here?)

I couldn't believe when gas prices were nearly $4 a gallon and the news people were interviewing folks about where the best gas prices were and people actually thought it was "worth it" (that's a direct quote from an interviewee) to drive 15 miles to save 10 or 15 cents a gallon on gas. If you do the math, you'll realize you're spending at least as much to drive all the way over there just to get the gas as you're saving at the pump. I did the math a while back and don't want to do it again. It makes my head hurt.

I won't even go into the amount of time you spend and what's your own time worth.

Driving all over town just to save a few pennies makes NO sense.

kmf563
01-07-2009, 10:57 AM
I love my 7-11. They know me, they are friendly, it's clean, coffee is always fresh, and they have what I need for cheap. It's a convenient store...It's not called a classy stop store. I do not buy gas there though. It's always made my car run like crap.

Thunder
01-07-2009, 12:10 PM
It's always made my car run like crap.

Only in dire emergency that I'll buy gas from them. I can feel something very wrong with the car after filling up over there.

trousers
01-07-2009, 07:33 PM
My wife's Honda runs fine on the ethanol gas, mu Subaru doesnt like it. As far as cleanliness my 7-11 (23rd & Penn) is always clean w/ fresh coffee. Though I usually buy everything but coffee & gas at the smaller, local stores.