View Full Version : Last Meal

TeriOKC
12-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Most of you will probably think this is really lame (maybe it is :bright_id) but many times over the years I've brought this up as an amusing topic of conversation.

If you were a condemned inmate and were requesting your last meal, and assuming you'd feel like eating and be really hungry, what would you request?

Here's mine:
pan-fried chicken
mashed potatoes and cream gravy made from the chicken drippings
green bean casserole
fresh corn, stipped from the cob
homemade yeast rolls
yellow cake with chocolate icing

:gossip:

CuatrodeMayo
12-27-2008, 08:51 AM
A #1 from McDonalds.

jstanthrnme
12-27-2008, 08:55 AM
a few years ago, you could look up Texas inmates last meals on the department of corrections web site. They've since taken it down, but here is a copy you might find interesting:
The Memory Hole > Deleted List of Texas Inmates' Last Meals (http://www.thememoryhole.org/deaths/texas-final-meals.htm)

I'd be more in line with the guy that ordered a pot of coffee. Or maybe a bag of M&M's. Possibly pepperoni pizza..

Generals64
12-27-2008, 08:58 AM
TeriOKC:....you movedNorth but your taste buds didn't:.....Mine, Fresh Bologna Sandwich with everything...cold glass of milk, ruffles chips and French Onion dip....

OKCTalker
12-27-2008, 09:05 AM
Anything from Braum's drive-through. The wait would seem like a reprieve.

Seriously, an Irma's burger with onion rings. And if I could get a slice of Leo's strawberry-banana cake on the side, that would do it.

CuatrodeMayo
12-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Anything from Braum's drive-through. The wait would seem like a reprieve.

Seriously, an Irma's burger with onion rings. And if I could get a slice of Leo's strawberry-banana cake on the side, that would do it.

Woot!

GWB
12-27-2008, 12:00 PM
My last meal would be seafood, and not from Long John Silvers.

One two pound broiled Maine Lobster with drawn butter
Half pound of fried Ipswich Clams
Half pound of fried Oysters
Bowl of New England Clam Chowder
Bowl of Oyster Stew

And for dessert a Rum Soaked Cake with whipped cream with double cappuccino.

Doug Loudenback
12-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Well, let's see ...

Let's start with a dozen oysters on the half shell, then
Slice of rare prime rib &
Broiled lobster tail with melted butter
Small fresh vegetables (e.g., carrots, sweet onion, pickles) and a few fresh strawberries to much on between bites of the above
Cup of black coffee
1/2 of my own chocolate ice box pies (Doug Dawgz Blog: Toddle House ? Chocolate Ice Box Pie & Hash Browns (http://dougdawg.blogspot.com/2006/07/toddle-house-chocolate-ice-box-pie.html))

If I'm still able to eat, I might throw in a ear of corn on the cob.

kevinpate
12-28-2008, 06:16 AM
a chinese buffet. You'd stay hungry, eat some more, stay hunfry, eat some more, stay hungry, HUh??? so what! Let them wait, I'm still on my last meal... SHEEESH

GuyB
12-28-2008, 06:16 AM
This is really lame <kidding>
All meat stuffed pizza and Calzone
2 Large banna splits

Kerry
12-28-2008, 11:20 PM
I would pick a Bit-o-Honey Bar. Then the guards would all fall asleep while it took me 10 hourse to eat it, and then I would make my escape.

Assuming that wouldn't work:

Chicken fried steak with white gravy
Mashed potatoes
corn soufflé
deep fried okra
sweet tea

and finish with peach cobbler ala mode (from Mears)

ejillparker
12-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Well, mine would be difficult because they would have to open Queen Ann Cafeteria back up to meet my requirements. Then I would have the breaded pork cutlet dinner with mashed potatoes, lots of cream gravy and carrots. I would also have a side of roast turkey. And spinach salad, bread pudding, a slice of applie pie with cheddar, and a white dinner roll. And lots and lots of iced tea.

MrBojangles
12-29-2008, 09:34 PM
16oz Bone-in ribeye
12 Grilled Prawn shrimp
Steak Fries
Sweet Tea
Chocolate cake w/ chocolate icing

solitude
12-30-2008, 02:02 AM
Metro OKC Talk? Is Oklahoma City going into the legalized-murder biz?

To play along anyway, I would order nothing as a protest for state-sanctioned murder. No telling how many innocent people have been executed in Oklahoma (thanks to Bob Macy and his corrupt forensics lab alone). It's unfairly dished out in a most inequitable way. Junk it, like most of the rest of the civilized world.

Speaking of justice and the scales being unbalanced......Bernard Madoff makes off with billions of dollars, destroying lives, charities, etc. along the way - and gets house detention in his 7 million dollar luxury apartment while awaiting trial. A guy breaks into a house and takes food and cash to make ends meet and he's in the county jail. That is typical American justice. It should change, but money plays too large a role in our judicial system. Justice should never be for sale. And never means never.

GWB
12-30-2008, 07:32 AM
Metro OKC Talk? Is Oklahoma City going into the legalized-murder biz?

To play along anyway, I would order nothing as a protest for state-sanctioned murder. No telling how many innocent people have been executed in Oklahoma (thanks to Bob Macy and his corrupt forensics lab alone). It's unfairly dished out in a most inequitable way. Junk it, like most of the rest of the civilized world.

Since you are "playing along", keep in mind, you are being executed because you are a murderer. Since you don't believe in murder, what are you doing on death row in the first place? :wink:

Martin
12-30-2008, 07:56 AM
hey guys...

feel free to make a 'death row' discussion thread, but don't threadjack this one. thanks!

-M

metro
12-30-2008, 08:03 AM
I think he was hinting there is other forums more appropriate, like off topic or okc underground.

BDP
12-30-2008, 08:14 AM
morphine, while listening to Morphine.

westsidesooner
12-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Since I'm a really non-viloent person It'd have to be a mistake that I was in that situation. So I'd eat anything and everything they allowed.

Lobster from butchs lobster bar in snowmass
a fillet medium rare
shrimp scampi, shrimp cocktail and fried shrimp
baked potato
corn drencehd in butter (no reason to be healthy now)
fresh rolls with honey butter
Apple pie ala mode
and cheesecake

Bet the coroner would love my stomach after that.

solitude
12-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Since you are "playing along", keep in mind, you are being executed because you are a murderer. Since you don't believe in murder, what are you doing on death row in the first place? :wink:

Did you miss the part about innocent people being executed?

mmm - Threadjack a thread that shouldn't be in a OKC Metro Talk in the first place?

Martin
12-30-2008, 01:05 PM
mmm - threadjack a thread that shouldn't be in a okc metro talk in the first place?

nope. metro's desire to keep conversations in their 'appropriate' locations allowed him to misinterpret my actual concern. in case you don't know, threadjacking is completely changing the topic of a thread.... hijacking a thread, so to speak.

i'm pretty sure this thread was intended to be a light-hearted polling of what/where people would eat if they only had one last meal to eat and not a serious debate on the merits of the death penalty. such a discussion is not only outside the scope of this thread but is likely to devolve into another heated debate.

don't get the wrong idea... it's totally fine to have that serious discussion... just start another thread or find one that's already discussing that issue. thanks!

-M

solitude
12-30-2008, 01:12 PM
nope. metro's stringent desire to keep conversations in their 'appropriate' locations allowed him to misinterpret my actual concern. in case you don't know, threadjacking is completely changing the topic of a thread.... hijacking a thread, so to speak.

i'm pretty sure this thread was intended to be a light-hearted polling of what people would eat if they only had one last meal to eat and not a serious debate on the merits of the death penalty. such a discussion is not only outside the scope of this thread but is likely to devolve into another heated debate.

don't get the wrong idea... it's totally fine to have that serious discussion... just start another thread or find one that's already discussing that issue. thanks!

-M

Is it okay if I start my death penalty thread in 'Sports Talk' or maybe 'Food Court'?

I hear what you're saying, I was just so put off that a silly thread like this would be in Metro OKC Talk, that I saw nothing wrong with changing the topic.

Metro does like to see topics posted in the right sub-forums. How dare him! At least someone cares.

Martin
12-30-2008, 01:15 PM
okay... which forum do you think is the best fit? we can move it there. -M

jane10357
12-30-2008, 01:39 PM
For my last meal....

shrimp scampi
Bunny's #4 onion burger
celery
crab rangoon
fudge
divinity
banana meringue pie

So what if the four food groups aren't represented! Shoot me.

metro
12-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Is it okay if I start my death penalty thread in 'Sports Talk' or maybe 'Food Court'?

I hear what you're saying, I was just so put off that a silly thread like this would be in Metro OKC Talk, that I saw nothing wrong with changing the topic.

Metro does like to see topics posted in the right sub-forums. How dare him! At least someone cares.

Hey, I wasn't even the first one to bring it up this time, cut me a little slack (not you solitude but the others). I'm not the only one that brings up this issue, I know more people would get involved with this site if things were more on topic. Some city leaders and respected people in the community and others don't take this site seriously because of all the frequent off topic rants, strange topics in the main section (OKC Metro Area) etc.

Martin
12-30-2008, 07:17 PM
fwiw, metro i know your intentions are good... but i believe that fewer people care about the site's organization than you think. if people are turned off by this site, i think it's more due to flamewars and harsh 'honesty' from anonymous posters than it is anything else.

-M

Kerry
12-30-2008, 08:27 PM
...I would order nothing as a protest for state-sanctioned murder. ... Speaking of justice and the scales being unbalanced......Bernard Madoff makes off with billions of dollars, destroying lives, charities, etc. along the way - and gets house detention in his 7 million dollar luxury apartment while awaiting trial...

Stretch that protest out for 30 or 35 days and we won't need to worry about the execution. As for Madoff (perfect name by the way), all I can say is damn democrat.