View Full Version : Thunder fans??

so1rfan
12-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I went to my first Thunder game last night and I have a question for the fans that go to the games:

Why don't you wear Thunder gear??

I would estimate that less than 25% of the fans at the game wear Thunder fan apparel. I see people wearing Sooners and Cowboys gear. I saw a BUNCH of people sporting Cleveland shirts and LeBron jerseys. But the overwhelming majority of people just go in regular street clothes.

Perhaps it was their first game as well.

I proudly wore my longsleeve light blue adidias Thunder tee. Bought it at Gordman's for $12.99 a month ago.

CCOKC
12-22-2008, 11:43 AM
I will tell you that I see a lot of Thunder gear but I think most people are waiting for the jerseys to become available. I think they ship out in January sometime. Has anybody here ordered a jersey yet?

Karried
12-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Maybe the Zero degree windchill had something to do with it?

I always wear mine, but last night, I wore a sweater and two coats and gloves and a scarf so you wouldn't have seen it anyway!

What a great game it was.

OKCMallen
12-22-2008, 12:05 PM
I went to my first Thunder game last night and I have a question for the fans that go to the games:

Why don't you wear Thunder gear??

I would estimate that less than 25% of the fans at the game wear Thunder fan apparel. I see people wearing Sooners and Cowboys gear. I saw a BUNCH of people sporting Cleveland shirts and LeBron jerseys. But the overwhelming majority of people just go in regular street clothes.

Perhaps it was their first game as well.

I proudly wore my longsleeve light blue adidias Thunder tee. Bought it at Gordman's for $12.99 a month ago.

Takes time for this stuff to proliferate, too. The first game I went to I hadn' thad a chance to hit the Thunder store yet. After a while, people begin to accumulate gear.

Doug Loudenback
12-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Maybe the Zero degree windchill had something to do with it?

I always wear mine, but last night, I wore a sweater and two coats and gloves and a scarf so you wouldn't have seen it anyway!

What a great game it was.
I looked for you (again) but somehow I just can't seem to see you. I'll try again.

OKCisOK4me
12-22-2008, 01:13 PM
I will tell you that I see a lot of Thunder gear but I think most people are waiting for the jerseys to become available. I think they ship out in January sometime. Has anybody here ordered a jersey yet?

I ordered a jersey (road jersey) but I had to have the one that says Oklahoma City on it. Seemed more special to me. I just hope I receive it before the last of my 8 game mini pack game (April 10th)!

Karried
12-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Really Doug? I can usually see you!

Look towards your right and wayyyy up behind you - towards Center Court along the handrail - we're right on the end seats next to it.

betts
12-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Someone who works for the Thunder organization told me they've already sold 4x the amount of Thunder merchandise they anticipated selling for the entire year. So, it's not sales that are a problem. I've noticed that NBA fans wear a lot less team merchandise than you see at college and NFL games, for some reason, though. I never go to a game without Thunderwear.

LordGerald
12-23-2008, 03:02 PM

I can't wait to sport my Earl Watson #25 jersey.

Yes, I'm trying to be funny.

OKC4me
12-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Why is there such a long wait for them to release the jersey?

CCOKC
12-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Last night when I was watching the Thunder game, they mentioned that replica jerseys will be on sale at the Thunder shop in Leadership Square. They will have Durant and Mason jerseys available. I think it it just the nature of the manufacturing and marketing of these things that it took so long. You know they did everything they could to get them out before Christmas.

dmoor82
01-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! KD hits a 3 with 2 seconds left and mello hits a 3 with .1 left DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karried
01-02-2009, 09:46 PM
I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That had to be the most exciting game I've seen the Thunder play! It was awesome.. the crowd was insane. They are getting better!!!!!

CCOKC
01-03-2009, 10:17 AM
As funny as it sounds I don't think we mind the losses so much when the games are close and the team puts the effort into it. That game last night was fun yet disappointing. Damn that Carmelo Anthony.

dmoor82
01-03-2009, 11:07 AM
you guys are right effort is there but mannnnnnnnnnnn!PHX two weeks ago and now last night! I just hope we come out on the win side of a last second shot sometime!