View Full Version : Expansion at Brixton Square

yukong
12-16-2008, 10:03 PM
For those who live out past Rockwell on NW Expressway, the conversion of the old Brixton Square theater to office space is almost complete. And you may have noticed that they have begun dirt work in the grassy area just to the northwest of the Japanese steak house right along the main entry drive. I heard today that this pad work is for the construction of a new Panara Bread. I hope this is true. My family really loves Panara Bread. They have needed something like this further out NW. Not sure of completion date as of yet.

oneforone
12-17-2008, 12:58 AM
There is already a NW side Panera Bread stores at Memorial and Meridian across from Mercy and on NW EXPWY across from Baptist.

lasomeday
12-17-2008, 07:19 AM
Yeah, have you tried going to either one of those Panera's at lunch. It is hard to find a parking spot, so hopefully this will help divert some of the Panera groupies.

metro
12-17-2008, 07:45 AM
There is already a NW side Panera Bread stores at Memorial and Meridian across from Mercy and on NW EXPWY across from Baptist.

Those stores serve two totally different demographics. NW Expressway could EASILY support at least 2 stores alone, as could Memorial Rd.

I was wondering what that pad site construction was at Brixton Sq. noticed that the other day while driving over there.

yukong
12-18-2008, 05:59 AM
Yeah, have you tried going to either one of those Panera's at lunch. It is hard to find a parking spot, so hopefully this will help divert some of the Panera groupies.

Without a doubt. The one at NW Expressway and Lake Hefner Parkway is always crowded, and their parking lot is fairly small. This new one at Brixton will have plenty of parking and may help ease some of the traffic at the one at LHP. And, it should be a boon for Brixton Square. It will bring more traffic in and make that location more of a destination.

jbrown84
12-18-2008, 10:20 AM
I would KILL for a Panera in the CBD.

CuatrodeMayo
12-18-2008, 01:04 PM

YES.

Even in the inner-city.

Spartan
12-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Or a Starbucks in between Bricktown and the NW Expressway.

It's almost like there's a donut hole, and you see all of the Paneras and Starbucks and places like that from Nichols Hills and up and I-240 and down, but nothing in between. How long is it going to take site locators to realize how much nicer OKC's inner city has gotten?

CuatrodeMayo
12-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Midtown has a Starbucks now.

jbrown84
12-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Or a Starbucks in between Bricktown and the NW Expressway.

36th & May.

They also built the structure for one at 23rd & Penn, but never did the interior finish and it sits empty. They were working on it right as all the closure announcements came out.

metro
12-22-2008, 09:05 AM

It might KILL Prarie Thunder Bakery though........

lasomeday
12-22-2008, 09:11 AM
There are enough Starbucks for all of us. I like the other coffe shops on Broadway and in Midtown better.

metro
12-22-2008, 09:13 AM
There is a Starbucks in Bricktown in the Centennial. How long has it been since you guys have been to Bricktown? It has been open for at least two months.

There's also one in MidTown on NW 9th at St. Anthony's. It has an exterior entrance and patio open to the public. And of course the one mentioned above that was going to open at NW 23rd and Penn before Starbucks decided to close 600+ stores. Why do we need more Starbucks? Downtown and the area described above has plenty of local independents, why do we want to run them out of business?

CuatrodeMayo
12-22-2008, 10:03 AM
It might KILL Prarie Thunder Bakery though........

They are quite different. There is very little overlap in product offerings.

metro
12-22-2008, 10:08 AM
I agree Cuatro, but I still bet that it would hurt Prarie Thunder's business.

namellac
12-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Working in that area for 4 years now, I certainly hope for a new restaurant of any kind! NW EXP & LHP is a 15 - 20 minute commute depending on traffic.

I go to the Chiropractor there (Dr. Tony Greene - he's top notch!). I'll ask him if he knows anything.

namellac
12-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Confirmed! Supposed to open First Quarter 2009!

HOT ROD
12-22-2008, 08:46 PM
nice