View Full Version : Billy Sims apologizes?

soonerfan21
12-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Mobile Breaking Oklahoma News | NewsOK.com (http://newsok.com/billy-sims-apologizes-for-cheering-stunt-at-heisman-ceremony/article/3330605?custom_click=pod_headline_sports)

I understand where people might think the "Boomer" cheer was disrepectful to Sam in his special time. Other thoughts? I kinda thought it was a hoot but I see where people are coming from.

SoonerBent
12-16-2008, 08:51 AM
I heard him yelling Boomer but I didn't think much about it. At least not until the guys on WWLS went on and on and on and on about it Monday morning. I got sick of them talking about it and re-playing it over and over.

bluedogok
12-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Beating a dead horse is what sports talk (and all talk radio in general) is all about.

CuatrodeMayo
12-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Mobile Breaking Oklahoma News | NewsOK.com (http://newsok.com/billy-sims-apologizes-for-cheering-stunt-at-heisman-ceremony/article/3330605?custom_click=pod_headline_sports)

I understand where people might think the "Boomer" cheer was disrepectful to Sam in his special time. Other thoughts? I kinda thought it was a hoot but I see where people are coming from.

Billy Sims

Rifleman2C
12-16-2008, 10:14 AM

I think it was okay the first few times... what I thought was funny is that no one (not even Sam) gave him a 'Sooner' back until he had done it at least seven times!

I guess this is another testimony to the fact that persistence pays off... eventually. In the meantime, I'll have to admit that Sims' enthusiasm was just a tad annoying.

Regardless whatever else happened, good for Sam!

village idiot
12-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Rome's Take. . .
YouTube - Jim Rome Show - Billy Sims The OU BUFFOON Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls0MDIrVDig)

okclee
12-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Aren't we talking about a room full of jocks??

This isn't some presidential award ceremony or someone receiving the nobel peace prize, I think it is funny how they try and make it all stuffy.

It is a great award though, but lets keep it in perspective. We are talking about a football award ceremony.

Boomer, Sooner!

nik4411
12-16-2008, 02:06 PM
i think it was pretty embarrassing. he did the same thing when jason white won the award.

Easy180
12-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Kinda surprised he didn't bust out "It's not BBQ it's Boomer Q!"

onthestrip
12-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Aren't we talking about a room full of jocks??

This isn't some presidential award ceremony or someone receiving the nobel peace prize, I think it is funny how they try and make it all stuffy.

Jocks? The only 3 jocks were the nominees who are still in college. The rest are grown men, none who still play professionally, dressed in suits in a historical theater for the most prestigious award in college sports. Nobel prize? Hardly, but it aint the state fair. Show some class and respect. And the, "Sooner or later we'll git ya," comment, thats awful.

progressiveboy
12-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Jocks? The only 3 jocks were the nominees who are still in college. The rest are grown men, none who still play professionally, dressed in suits in a historical theater for the most prestigious award in college sports. Nobel prize? Hardly, but it aint the state fair. Show some class and respect. And the, "Sooner or later we'll git ya," comment, thats awful. I strongly agree! I attended college at OU and I thought it was poor taste. Truly classless and showed ignorance and stupidity for Billy and may give outsiders more reason to hate OU and think we fell of the Turnip truck. Geeezzzz..............Go figure?

metro
12-17-2008, 08:06 AM
Kinda surprised he didn't bust out "It's not BBQ it's Boomer Q!"

Now that's funny.

Thunder
12-18-2008, 06:03 AM
"Roast beef cut and topped with Arby's original Q sauce made fresh on seasoned buns cooked to perfection. Your choice of O or U for $2.99. If you're a hardcore fan, grab one of each for $4.99. Boomer Q only at Arby's."