View Full Version : Could anybody tell me how to make avator?

hailmary57yd
01-06-2005, 02:36 PM
How can I make animation avator?

I am using Fireworks. I heard that Image ready can give that kind of effect. Can you tell me how did you make you guys' avators?
I have Fireworks, and freehand instead of Photoshop and image Ready.

Todd
01-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Animated avatars must be in gif format. I've never used Fireworks so I don't know if those files are saved as flash or swish files.

MasterWolf
01-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Well you can always make still avatars...If you really want to make a moving avatar, you might want to check out some gif making programs, like Microsoft Gif animator or something.
I know there are newer programs out there, but this is the only one I can think of right now. It is kind of old program, but you might be able to find it at microsoft.com. Its free too...

hailmary57yd
01-06-2005, 07:36 PM
I have Studio MX. so I can use flash. I think that firework and freehand files are converted to flash. Do I need to change my flash file to gif format? I can make avatar wifh Flash but it will be heavier than gif format. I cannot upload it... Could you tell me more about gif animators? Could you tell me names of the ptrogram? I want to try some of them. Which one is good? Is MS one good?

Todd
01-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Hailmary57yd,

There are two issues here.

You cannot use avatars with a free account.

Animated avatars must be saved in gif format. The software does not even allow flash uploads.
I have always used ULeads gif animator. You can download a 30 day free trial.

hailmary57yd
01-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Thanks, Todd.... By the way, where can I see your avatars that you uploaded. Did you create them or download them?

Hailmary57yd,

There are two issues here.

You cannot use avatars with a free account.

Animated avatars must be saved in gif format. The software does not even allow flash uploads.
I have always used ULeads gif animator. You can download a 30 day free trial.

MasterWolf
01-06-2005, 07:52 PM
I also put another link to some other Gif Animator programs. Hopefully these will give you some options. http://www.handyarchive.com/free/gif-animators/