View Full Version : Bricktown Fire Station

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Mikemarsh51
12-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Oh come on RCJunkie, where is your sense of humor? Did you know that the station by where you grew up was #4, that was moved to 100 sw 4th. which is the station they are now relocating to the far northeast side of town?

On a side note, my wife asked me what I would think if Maps3 passed? I said I would be happy with that. I am a supporter of maps. I am a bigger supporter of my department though. Hugs and love to everyone.

rcjunkie
12-12-2009, 01:36 AM
Oh come on RCJunkie, where is your sense of humor? Did you know that the station by where you grew up was #4, that was moved to 100 sw 4th. which is the station they are now relocating to the far northeast side of town?

On a side note, my wife asked me what I would think if Maps3 passed? I said I would be happy with that. I am a supporter of maps. I am a bigger supporter of my department though. Hugs and love to everyone.

Sorry Mike, I've taken my chill pills, and my sense of humor has returned.
If the station at 100 SW 4th is moving to the far NE side of town, what station will cover this area--new Bricktown ?

rcjunkie
12-12-2009, 01:43 AM
Even though the NOT THIS MAPS crowd and the YES THIS MAPS CROWD, couldn't agree on this issure, I know that we are all passoniate about the success of our City. I'll admit I said a few things that were uncalled for and downright rude/mean, and for that I apologize. I want nothing but the best for all the citizens, and especially for the employees of OKC.

andy157
12-12-2009, 01:54 AM
Sorry Mike, I've taken my chill pills, and my sense of humor has returned.
If the station at 100 SW 4th is moving to the far NE side of town, what station will cover this area--new Bricktown ?Different Mike here. The new BT station will be #6. The current #6 @ N.E. 8th & Lincoln will be closed.

andy157
12-12-2009, 01:56 AM
Even though the NOT THIS MAPS crowd and the YES THIS MAPS CROWD, couldn't agree on this issure, I know that we are all passoniate about the success of our City. I'll admit I said a few things that were uncalled for and downright rude/mean, and for that I apologize. I want nothing but the best for all the citizens, and especially for the employees of OKC.Likewise

SOUTHSIDE GIRL
12-14-2009, 12:58 PM
If they are going to display a 1910 fire truck they should include the pole in the display

SOUTHSIDE GIRL
12-14-2009, 01:08 PM
This a a little off subject, but I wish someone with inside knowledge of the OKC Fire Department would start a Fire Department History Thread. I know we have the Fire Fighters Museum, but I would guess several on this Thread would have some good storys/comments to share.

I just turned 50, and lived just W. of Downtown on NW 3rd and Blackwelder until my family moved in 1970, I have fond memories of the Station that was at NW 2nd and Douglas and the fireman that worked there.

A retired Chief from okc has written down some of the okc history. If you contact the Local 157 union office they might have some information, or can put you in contact with the OkC Retired Firefighters Associatoin

warreng88
02-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Saw this on the okc.gov website:

Fire Department breaks ground on Bricktown Fire Station
(February 9, 2010) - Mayor Cornett, Ward 7 Councilman Skip Kelly and Fire Chief Keith Bryant broke ground today on Fire Station 6, 21 North Lincoln Boulevard in Bricktown.

The new fire station will be the first LEED certified building constructed with City funds. LEED, which stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is the nationally accepted benchmark for design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings.

The station will include a reflective roof, recycled material and enhancements designed for low energy consumption. The foyer will feature the City’s first motorized rig, a 1910 fire engine, along with a mural and historical information about the Fire Department. The foyer floor will be made of salvaged brick pavers.

OERB and the Oklahoma Corporation Commission recently completed their 10,000th remediation project on the site, removing contaminated soil left by abandoned oil wells and tanks. The large building currently on the site will be broken down and recycled.

The new station replaces Fire Station 6, NE 8 and Lincoln, and will serve Downtown, Bricktown, the Capitol complex and the Oklahoma Health Center campus.

The $2.9 million station is being funded through the 2000 GO Bond Issue and Capital Use Project Taxes.

City of Oklahoma City | News from OKCGOV (http://www.okc.gov/news/2010_02/Bricktown_Fire_Station_News_Release.html)

Larry OKC
02-24-2010, 12:52 AM
...The $2.9 million station is being funded through the 2000 GO Bond Issue and Capital Use Project Taxes.

So good to know things are done in a timely manner. The funding for this was 10 years ago.

There was an Oklahoman article a couple of years ago where a audit showed projects having gone undone dating back 3 bond issues and some projects going back 18 years!

andy157
02-24-2010, 03:37 AM
So good to know things are done in a timely manner. The funding for this was 10 years ago.

There was an Oklahoman article a couple of years ago where a audit showed projects having gone undone dating back 3 bond issues and some projects going back 18 years!Not to mention it was funded at $1,875,000. I wonder where the City will get the extra $1,025,000. from?

Larry OKC
02-24-2010, 06:13 AM
Not to mention it was funded at $1,875,000. I wonder where the City will get the extra $1,025,000. from?

While borrowed money (paying interest), maybe the City has been earning interest on it as well. They worked some sort of similar interest miracle under MAPS. Towards the end (2/99, the MAPS tax ended 7/1/99), MAPS Mgr Jim Couch said they had earned just under $4.7M in interest (due to construction delays on the Arena) then somehow according to the City's website, they earned $54M in interest. So who knows?

okclee
03-30-2011, 01:13 PM
This project is coming along nicely.

Looks great and much better than I thought it would. Not sure if anyone has taken new pics of this or not.

Spartan
03-30-2011, 03:40 PM
It was mostly finished on the exterior work back in January. It looked good from 235, like hell from Lincoln.