View Full Version : I graduated!

donbroncho
12-14-2008, 12:05 PM
So I graduated yesterday from UCO with a BA in Journalism-Public Relations.:irule: Im glad to be done..no more studying/tests anymore! Unless i decide on graduate school, which is still a possibility...

Went to mcnellies last night. sampled several foreign beers from Nicaragua, the Philippines, and Poland. All very good...

Midtowner
12-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Congratulations! Don't forget to support your alma mater.

Join the UCO Alumni Association.

Easy180
12-14-2008, 02:37 PM
So I graduated yesterday from UCO with a BA in Journalism-Public Relations.:irule: Im glad to be done..no more studying/tests anymore! Unless i decide on graduate school, which is still a possibility...

Went to mcnellies last night. sampled several foreign beers from Nicaragua, the Philippines, and Poland. All very good...

Stay in school and go for the Masters...Real world day to day grind sux :poke:

Karried
12-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Congrats!!! Way to go!

ddavidson8
12-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Great job. It's a nice time for you. The excitement of the real world before the grind starts.

MadMonk
12-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Congrats! :congrats:

PennyQuilts
12-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Congratulations!! That is a wonderful accomplishment. Enjoy the glow that comes with success!

donbroncho
12-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Thank you all. Hopefully my day to day grind doesn't suck, as ive done some very interesting work in my years from being a pizza manager to a fence builder to a subsitiute teacher...

Im hopin the graduate school bug bites me so I'll go. I really do like learning and the whole culture that comes with it.

I think this graduating thing will hit me in january, when alot of my friends are going back to school and I'm not haha...

Midtowner
12-14-2008, 07:16 PM
The graduate school bug doesn't bite. You actually have to get off your duff and get admitted.

donbroncho
12-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Yea i understand. I shoulda said if the get off my duff to apply to grad school bug bites then ill go. But right now, im just enjoying being done w/ undergraduate school. Just takin it easy for now...

Midtowner
12-14-2008, 07:46 PM
I took a year off between law school and undergrad. That somehow turned into two years.

My advice to you is just go straight in.

You have a semester to look around, but if you're going to be staying in OKC, the pickings are probably pretty slim for a PR degree.

jsibelius
12-16-2008, 05:28 PM
That depends on how you're paying for it. And what exactly you're planning to study in grad school. Sometimes the salary doesn't compensate for the student loans. Not to rain on your parade. You still need to be happy with what you're doing.

gmwise
12-16-2008, 05:43 PM

congrats!!!

metro
12-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Congrats!

kmf563
12-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Congrats!! Whooooo. :tiphat:

dismayed
12-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Congrats Donbroncho, earning a degree is a big accomplishment.

Regarding grad school, just something to consider is that if you end up working for a major corporation almost all of them will pay for your graduate degree. Smaller companies probably not, and medium-sized companies it just depends. Since you mentioned it, if you are interested maybe that is something to inquire about when you interview... whether or not the company has a continuing education program? Just something to think about.

Easy180
12-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Very true dismayed but I suspect many have pared down the education benefits with the lovely economy

I got lucky with mine...Paid 80% of mine at OCU...The very next year they made Masters tuition reimbursements much more difficult to get

Think someone in the reimbursement office ran across my tab and wondered why in the hell they were shelling out that kind of dough for a commoner