View Full Version : Sam Bradford Wins Heisman

Ash_Fox
12-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Sam Bradford is now the fifth player from The University of Oklahoma to win the Heisman Trophy Award. Go Sooners!!! ^^

jbrown84
12-13-2008, 07:45 PM
WOOT!

Congrats Sam!

bandnerd
12-13-2008, 08:12 PM
So. Freaking. Awesome.

NativeOkie
12-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Its great to be a Sooner!
Makes you feel sad for all the rest.

FRISKY
12-14-2008, 03:16 AM
He deserves it!

nik4411
12-14-2008, 11:05 AM
yea he deserved it...now we'll see how that offense performs against a real college defense

Midtowner
12-14-2008, 11:28 AM
A real college defense?

The Big XII is not college football?

oneforone
12-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Its great to be a Sooner!
Makes you feel sad for all the rest.

Congratulations on all the hardwork you did fior the team. All that couch sitting, beer drinking and butt scratching had be done by somebody.

nik4411
12-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Well Midtowner the Big 12 has some very prolific offenses, but I am still not sure if their offenses are really just that good, or if there's just a lack of great defensive play. I think Florida-OU is about the best possible match-up in the NCG, and we will see then how much a fast hard hitting SEC defense can slow down OU's offense.

And just to be known I personally believe OU will win the game, but I'm excited to see how they play against the gators and that defense.

And again congrats to Bradford. I don't think you could have three better young men in the running for the Heisman in Bradford, Tebow and McCoy. They are all amazing student athletes representing their Universities.

Midtowner
12-14-2008, 09:06 PM
The difference is that the Big XII defenses have played as well and shown their meddle against OOC opponents. The SEC defenses have looked pretty bad in their higher profile OOC games.

Remember, LSU damn near let Tulane outscore them. Arkansas only beat UL Monroe by a point.

The greater body of evidence tells me that SEC defenses really aren't much better (if any better) than the Big XII counterparts, they just get to go up against inept offenses day in and day out.

I'm expecting OU to roll here as well.

nik4411
12-14-2008, 09:09 PM
So any predictions on whether Bradford stays or not?

Midtowner
12-14-2008, 09:22 PM
None.

Unlike trying to evaluate the vaunted SEC defenses via their unimpressive OOC performances, I have nothing to go on when attempting to predict a 20 year old kid's next career move.

MadMonk
12-14-2008, 10:17 PM
I think he's gone. This may be the last year of big-money deals for rookies.

NativeOkie
12-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Congratulations on all the hardwork you did fior the team. All that couch sitting, beer drinking and butt scratching had be done by somebody.

Must be a Stillwater fan.

oneforone
12-15-2008, 02:40 AM
Must be a Stillwater fan.

Actually, I like both teams. OU because they are good team and I grew up rooting for them. I like OSU because I am an OSU grad and the fans are true blue fans. Their not bandwagon crybabies like the bulk of OU fans.

IE: Loss of a game.

OU fan: We got screwed those refs..... that field... those fans...... BOOO HOOO HOO WHAAAAA! SOB, SOB. Life is just not fair. I am calling my therapy support group. (AKA: Sports Animal)

OSU fan: Our team got out played, we made mistakes.... I can't wait until next Saturday. I love this game.

soonerfan21
12-15-2008, 06:05 AM
Yeah, right, that's a typical OSU fan for ya. Do they say that before or after spitting on the OU fans?

kevinpate
12-15-2008, 06:19 AM
I've never been confused for a Pokes fan, leaving that task to a niece, but oneforone's description of a not insignificant number of OU fans is spot on.

Not all OU fans are fairweather fans, not even a majority of them. However, walk in nearly any pub after a Saturday loss, or even visit your typical office break room the following Monday. It's not hard to find the whiners oneforone speaks of.

On the flip side, we ARE blessed with that not being a real frequent worry.

As Billy says, and says, and says, and says..... BOOMER!

nik4411
12-15-2008, 09:02 AM
Oh wow I wish someone would have thrown a brick at Billy Sims the other night, could he be more annoying? And I hear he's a real arrogant SOB. Had a friend tell me he saw him at the mall, asked for his autograph and Billy said yes, for 25 dollars.

But I think Sam is gone as well.

TaoMaas
12-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Oh wow I wish someone would have thrown a brick at Billy Sims the other night, could he be more annoying? And I hear he's a real arrogant SOB. Had a friend tell me he saw him at the mall, asked for his autograph and Billy said yes, for 25 dollars.

What did Billy do that was so annoying? I've only crossed paths with him once, but he couldn't have been nicer. He was at his restaurant in Edmond and seemed to be very happy to give autographs to the 10-15 people who came up to talk to him. Maybe your friend just caught him on a bad day. Or maybe I caught him on a good one. lol Who knows?

metro
12-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Well Midtowner the Big 12 has some very prolific offenses, but I am still not sure if their offenses are really just that good, or if there's just a lack of great defensive play. I think Florida-OU is about the best possible match-up in the NCG, and we will see then how much a fast hard hitting SEC defense can slow down OU's offense.

And just to be known I personally believe OU will win the game, but I'm excited to see how they play against the gators and that defense.

And again congrats to Bradford. I don't think you could have three better young men in the running for the Heisman in Bradford, Tebow and McCoy. They are all amazing student athletes representing their Universities.

Why Tebow? There was about 20 something quarterbacks in NCAA D1 with better numbers than Tebow this year. Graham Harrell anyone? Only reason he was there because he's SEC and won the Heisman last year. Bradford's numbers were better by far than any other QB this year. Boomer Sooner.

metro
12-15-2008, 09:56 AM

I think he bails if he's smart. He won the Heisman and is appearing in the National Championship. I bet he goes to NFL.

bluedogok
12-15-2008, 10:22 AM
I've never been confused for a Pokes fan, leaving that task to a niece, but oneforone's description of a not insignificant number of OU fans is spot on.

Not all OU fans are fairweather fans, not even a majority of them. However, walk in nearly any pub after a Saturday loss, or even visit your typical office break room the following Monday. It's not hard to find the whiners oneforone speaks of.

On the flip side, we ARE blessed with that not being a real frequent worry.

As Billy says, and says, and says, and says..... BOOMER!

I will say that living down here in Austin that UT fans have won the 2008 National Whining Championship....

westsidesooner
12-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Congratulations to Sam. Awesome quarterback and a great student. :congrats:

Actually, I like both teams. OU because they are good team and I grew up rooting for them. I like OSU because I am an OSU grad and the fans are true blue fans. Their not bandwagon crybabies like the bulk of OU fans.

I saw these comments this morning and ignored them but they kinda bugged me all day so I'll respond. Do you ever have anything nice to say? Can't you just congratulate a great kid for doing a great job of quarterbacking while maintaing a 3.95 gpa? For winning the most prestigious award in college sports? Or are you just bitter about something?

I too claim to like both teams. And I do. I am a diehard OU fan and have been since I was only 4 or 5. My parents had season tickets and we went to all the home games so I was "raised" a sooner. Some of my best friends are OSU grads and fans. I have gone to several games in Stillwater (not just bedlam games) and the non-bedlam games I cheered for the Cowboys.

As far as your comments about OU having whining fans. Yes there are some. But there are whiners in Stillwater too, and Austin and Columbia......big deal. All schools have their fair share. But I also know that OU fans are not "bandwagon crybabies" OU sells out their stadium in good years, and bad. Ive had season tickets since the 80's and had to sit through some really ugly football but we kept going. I can't say that for OSU....I went to an OSU-Nebraska game a few years ago in Stillwater and the stadium was only 3/4 full and MORE than half of those fans were wearing RED

And about whining......If you expect to win (at anything) and it doesn't happen you feel bad, if you expect to lose; and do, it's not as bad. It does make the wins/upsets more special though. The more you care about something or somebody the more it hurts when somthing bad happens. OU fans think about Championships. So they're dissappointed quiet a bit. OSU fans have the same mentality surrounding basketball.

Appologies to Ash_Fox for getting off topic, and again congratulations to Sam....:yourock:....&.......Please stay another year!!!!

jbrown84
12-15-2008, 02:16 PM
The reason OU has so many fair-weather fans is because people in this state with no ties to either school automatically pick OU. Those kind of people will cheer when OU is doing well, then quietly disappear when they are not.

CuatrodeMayo
12-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Congratulations to Sam. Awesome quarterback and a great student. :congrats:

I saw these comments this morning and ignored them but they kinda bugged me all day so I'll respond. Do you ever have anything nice to say? Can't you just congratulate a great kid for doing a great job of quarterbacking while maintaing a 3.95 gpa? For winning the most prestigious award in college sports? Or are you just bitter about something?

I too claim to like both teams. And I do. I am a diehard OU fan and have been since I was only 4 or 5. My parents had season tickets and we went to all the home games so I was "raised" a sooner. Some of my best friends are OSU grads and fans. I have gone to several games in Stillwater (not just bedlam games) and the non-bedlam games I cheered for the Cowboys.

As far as your comments about OU having whining fans. Yes there are some. But there are whiners in Stillwater too, and Austin and Columbia......big deal. All schools have their fair share. But I also know that OU fans are not "bandwagon crybabies" OU sells out their stadium in good years, and bad. Ive had season tickets since the 80's and had to sit through some really ugly football but we kept going. I can't say that for OSU....I went to an OSU-Nebraska game a few years ago in Stillwater and the stadium was only 3/4 full and MORE than half of those fans were wearing RED

And about whining......If you expect to win (at anything) and it doesn't happen you feel bad, if you expect to lose; and do, it's not as bad. It does make the wins/upsets more special though. The more you care about something or somebody the more it hurts when somthing bad happens. OU fans think about Championships. So they're dissappointed quiet a bit. OSU fans have the same mentality surrounding basketball.

Appologies to Ash_Fox for getting off topic, and again congratulations to Sam....:yourock:....&.......Please stay another year!!!!

If you will look above, oneforone was just responding to a previous diss.

village idiot
12-15-2008, 07:11 PM
YouTube - UT Fan MD examines OU rival (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbYSfglboaI)