View Full Version : Adventurous Date Ideas?

plaidpixel
12-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Title says it all.... I'm in a fairly new relationship, but we're both pretty adventurous.

Any classes/hands-on type stuff you've heard of in the city? Maybe a good dance class or some other activity...?

I was thinking about the bricktown tubing, but our date is Monday the 15th and that will be closed then so I'll have to save that one for later...

Thanks in advance!

ultimatesooner
12-11-2008, 09:46 AM
rocktown

Generals64
12-11-2008, 10:33 AM
BOBO'S Chicken on the State Capitol Steps and admire the tree and the lights....That's real adventurous being in the part of town it is in. BoBO'S chicken is pretty good also.

Kerry
12-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Go to Crossroads Mall. Just kidding, see if you can watch an episode of Blind Date. Besides being a train wreck and some questionable participants, they do have a number of ideas for an adventurous date. Also check Lovingyou.com: Love, Romance and Relationship Resources (http://www.lovingyou.com). (for those at work, lovingyou.com is a clean web site so check it out).

Check out a karate class. If your relationship works out try taking Karate as a couple.

Midtowner
12-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Martin Nature Park, if it's open.

OKCTalker
12-11-2008, 03:43 PM
A walk through the Christmas light-illuminated Myriad Gardens, followed by a drink in Bricktown.

And whatever you decided to do, post a pic and story here!

Midtowner
12-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Go to a gun range.

nik4411
12-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Nice one midtowner, i might have take my girl to H and H haha

grantgeneral78
12-11-2008, 05:25 PM
go to riverwind and win some MONEY

angel27
12-11-2008, 06:49 PM
I think they offer art classes on the Paseo. I know a couple that took one together and they displayed their interpretation of a Picasso on their wall. It looked pretty good and they said it was fun to do. I don't know which studeo tho.

The zoo on a pretty day. I also love Martin Nature Park. But prolly none of these on this coming Monday..

Karried
12-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Monday will be cold.. so take it indoors.. Laser tag & pizza, dinner and an action flick, bowling and a beer... whatever you do, here's a tip.. be interested in her! Ask about her day, what she likes, what are her hobbies, what is her family like, what is her favorite vacation spot, favorite food, drink, color, memory etc etc.. the best dates are when you connect and it doesn't really matter where you are ... just take time to be genuinely interested in her and even the most boring environment can be magical.. good luck!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-12-2008, 01:44 AM
Arbuckle Wilderness.

On a motorcycle.

kevinpate
12-12-2008, 06:14 AM
Given the projected lows early next week, opt for indoors. Running noses and frozen limbs, well, ok, there's maybe a fun game or two there, but that's usually later date

Karried
12-12-2008, 06:53 AM
lol - well, not about the runny nose.. nothing turns off potential partners more than dripping nasal fluids on your first date ...tmi, I know.

kevinpate
12-12-2008, 07:18 AM
If cold is your thang, find some mountain bikes to rent. There's a thread here about someone who does, or used to anyway, rent bikes. Not sure if they were mountain bikes or not.

Anyway, nab some bikes, pack a simple meal or snack and some water and go explore the non-motorized areas of Draper Lake. There are numerous closed off areas these days, some paved even. Yeah, I don't get the whole concept of let's build a road and not let traffic on it, but it was a good idea to someone.

By the by, as we're discussing Draper, that's where the adventure comes to play. You get bonus health points for not becoming a subsequently found body.

Karried
12-12-2008, 08:42 AM
no, no.. girls don't like cold on the first date... Rudolph comes to mind, chapped lips, wind blown hair, bundled up like a fat snowman.. save all that for after the wedding... hee,hee.

Go for a Warm Hot Chocolate/Toddy environment after your date ... I swear by Laser Tag, nothing says adventure more than shooting the crap out of people.. I love it.

westsidesooner
12-12-2008, 10:57 AM
find out what kind of driver she is......Pole Position Raceway (http://www.polepositionraceway.com/okc/#) ....always a good thing to know

CuatrodeMayo
12-12-2008, 11:01 AM
find out what kind of driver she is......Pole Position Raceway (http://www.polepositionraceway.com/okc/#) ....always a good thing to know

I'll second that.

The Old Downtown Guy
12-12-2008, 11:39 AM
. . . Maybe a good dance class or some other activity... Thanks in advance!

A nice rowdy protest march followed by riding through a car wash would be my first choice for a fun afternoon first date.

Dance Makers is the best place in town for dance lessons. 405.722.5100

wsucougz
12-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Red Dog.

Nermel
12-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Try a taco truck on the southside if you don't feel like bobos.

The Old Downtown Guy
12-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Red Dog.

Taking the adventurous first date to a totally new level . . .

dismayed
12-12-2008, 08:34 PM
There are several towns around the metro that have humongous Christmas light displays. Some you can walk through, others you stay in your nice warm car and drive through.... That's probably a pretty safe one as it doesn't involve any physical activity and lights are always romantic!

I think it kind of depends on how adventurous she is. Rock Climbing and Laser Tag both sound like a blast to me, but if the girl is the type that doesn't want to get messy or break a sweat on a date then that might not be for you guys.

Cooking classes are fun. Several vo-tech's around town have them and usually they are really fun. Most are a lot like an episode of Emeril Live... you set and watch a chef prepare something and talk and joke to you about it while they're doing it, then you get to eat.

Speaking of eating, depending on how adventurous you want to get, there are places on Classen in the Asian District where you could find some pretty freaky food.