View Full Version : law

ladyrenegade1994
05-06-2004, 10:18 PM
my son is in trouble an I need to find out what the real law is for punishment. :confused:

ladyrenegade1994
05-07-2004, 08:13 AM
He took a car off a carlot, an knew 3 others were gonna be taken by someone else an they are charging him with all of the cars. I don't feel that is right. The
law got the other boy that took the other cars. They are also charging my son with 2nd degree burglary. He didn't brake the window to get in, the other guy
did. Anyway they are wanting to give my son 7 years in prison an 8 years prob.
There is a girl here in the same county that plotted murder against her husband, an it got done an she only got 3 years cause the other people done it. That was
a worse crime then my son. I don't understand the law in oklahoma.

Midtowner
09-17-2004, 01:29 PM
lady, you are definitely your son's mother :D. The consequences for breaking the law are not always applied evenly and that's just the way it is. Think OKC bomber Terry Nichols getting life while Brenda Andrews gets death. It's not a perfect system, but that's what we have.

And trust me, it's no different anywhere else on planet Earth.

I'd advise you to go find a lawyer immediately! Typically what the DA asks for at first is something he's willing to bargain down. Your son will probably spend time in prison though. To be perfectly honest, it was a real dumbass thing for him to do and I have a hard time finding sympathy.

But you need to get him a lawyer ASAP.

Midtowner
09-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Oh, and while your at it, don't go on message boards and say your son is guilty.

You may consider using the "edit" function.

Luke
09-25-2004, 11:42 AM
As a high school teacher, I find it interesting when I approach a parent about a misbehaving son or daughter only to be met with excuse after excuse about why it's not fair when other students do the same thing.

As Bill O'Reilly says, don't excuse your bad behavior for other people's bad behavior. Or in this case, your son's.

The point is he did something stupid, he'll pay for it.