View Full Version : Black Friday Shopping

MadMonk
11-28-2008, 01:09 PM
So, did anyone do any early-morning black Friday shopping today? I waited in line at Office Depot until I learned that what I was going to buy was already spoken for. Got a free Blackberry for my wife's cellphone account at Sam's though (I got the last one!) It was pretty amazing to see the Wal Mart and Kohl's parking lots filled to the brim at 4:30am this morning!

I read about there being a fatal trampling at a Wal Mart on Long Island.
Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede (http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/11/28/2008-11-28_worker_dies_at_long_island_walmart_after.html)
That's pretty pathetic. Fortunately, everywhere I went had sort of a friendly, party atmosphere. It was an interesting experience.

Jon27
11-28-2008, 06:42 PM
We were at Wal-Mart at 5:00. It was fun, and we had a good time!! It didn't seem like as much was sold this year. Got to Best Buy at 7:30, and they still had a bucket full of the 9.99 Transformers Blu-Ray movies. I was shocked I got one! I bought about 10 Blu-Ray movies at various stores at really good savings. My wife bought somethings, and we did a little Christmas shopping. It was a good day all in all. Luckily, no one was trampled!!

Thunder
11-28-2008, 09:22 PM
MWC shopping center on 29th, they had parking lots pretty much full. Target opened at 6am for those that didn't know and were used to Target opening at 8am. lol Many of us grabbed what we wanted and put in back to hold until end of our shift. All registers opened and line backed up throughout the store. I got the 20 pieces TFAL cookware set for $48.50 ($49.99 sale) with discount card, so basically, it offset the tax. lol I didn't do carts this time (whew), but we struggled keeping lots of shelves full.