View Full Version : Apartments in Midwest City

amandagall5
11-25-2008, 05:21 AM
Which are the better of the older apartments in Midwest City with regard to condition, crime, property management and value for money?
Thanks.

grandshoemaster
11-25-2008, 08:11 AM
Don't go to Concorde. The lady that runs that place is psyco. The apartment next door to me flooded from a water heater, thus flooding part of mine. Six months later when I moved out, she tried to make me pay for damaged carpet. When I fought it, she turned it over to colletctions. What a rip.

bombermwc
11-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Try Midwest City Depot over by CiCi's. It's nice and quite because most people don't know it's there since you can't see if from Air Depot.

I've also been told that the ones north of Heritage Plaza stay pretty quiet. I can't think of the name.

I had lived in Parkview after college....really the place wasn't terrible. The new folks have been doing a lot of work to clean the place up, but the people there are still ghetto as all get out. They aren't loud or anything, but there are some crazies in there. I never had a crime problem or anything like that, they just aren't real up-scale by any means.

mmonroe
11-26-2008, 11:18 AM
I just got done apartment shopping in Midwest City last month. I chose Raintree Meadows. Cheap rent for a 2 bedroom. $510 a month with new carpet. No crime to say, i lived in them previously when I had a 1 bedroom and only moved out for six months til i moved back in again this time. It's mostly college kids who go to Rose or UCO, but there are a few older couples who live there too. Real quit as well. Not much parting, as i've never heard any. Plus, they're located close to the highway which was a plus for me.

Midwest Depot has outrageous pricing. Concord, I know the grand daughter of the woman who manages those apartments. Not only are they a joke, so is she. Anything on 10th street, you've got to be kidding me. CRIME CRIME CRIME! The apartments near the hospital or cheap but also run down. No upkeep. The other nice apartments are Legacy Corners, perhaps THE nicest apartments in the entire city. I just didnt' want to pay their high deposit of $300.00. And rent was a little high.

xknifexfight
12-29-2008, 09:56 AM
$300 deposit isn't bad. The town where I live now currently(in Tennessee)..the deposits for apartments equal the amount of rent.. $625 rent=$625 deposit.
But thanks for looking out for me mom..lol

raspberryswirl
09-03-2009, 08:34 PM
I live at Legacy. Expensive (compared to the others) but I like living in a new build and I don't have to put up with any drug dealers or gang bangers (this place is too expensive for them).
There are good apartment complexes in the city- anything north of 10th street isn't good, as well as SpringTree, Planet Plaza, and Chestnut something...you'll know when you visit them if they are worth living in or not. Look at the cars- this sounds stupid but you can generally tell what type of people your neighbors are by the cars they drive. Are the blinds all messed up or are windows covered with plywood? Are there people hanging out drinking/smoking at 2 in the afternoon? If there is, it might mean they don't have a job.