View Full Version : Suspects Charged in Jeremy Moore Murder

Midtowner
11-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Oklahoma City teens charged in driver’s death
Two accused in fatal shooting
BY JAY F. MARKS
Published: November 25, 2008

Two Oklahoma City teenagers were charged Monday with first-degree murder in connection with the Nov. 7 shooting death of a pizza delivery driver.

Zonta Vincent West, 17, and Rondell Trayvon Griffin, 16, are accused of killing Jeremy D. Moore during a robbery.

Mobile Breaking Oklahoma News | NewsOK.com (http://www.newsok.com/oklahoma-city-teens-charged-in-drivers-death/article/3325004?custom_click=lead_story_title)

Midtowner
11-24-2008, 11:43 PM
If anyone deserves the death penalty, [if guilty] these two animals do. How depraved and inhuman does someone have to be to actually plan and carry out a murder over less than $100?

oneforone
11-25-2008, 03:02 AM
I am sure they will reach a plea deal on this case. Their stupid if they go to trial. Since the Gilchrist Disaster OCPD goes the extra mile to put their ducks in a row before filing a charge.

You can guarantee these guys will see the needle room if they go to trial.

kevinpate
11-25-2008, 04:58 AM
> can guarantee these guys will see the needle room if they go to trial.

Not if a jury truly thinks about it. Some will, most won't. But consider, lock 'em up a few years and then needle them, or lock 'em up, and leave 'em locked up, in their tiny lil' cages ... until some maybe not so kind trusty is helping them with their Depends way on down the road.

grantgeneral78
11-25-2008, 05:25 AM
I say bring back the chair for these guys!

Chicken In The Rough
11-25-2008, 05:42 AM
Three thoughts:

1. They're both minors which I think is a problem in Oklahoma death penalty cases.

2. But, they are both suspected of having committed armed pizza delivery robberies in the past.

3. It's ironic that Jeremy wouldn't have wanted the death penalty for these two.

kevinpate
11-25-2008, 07:27 AM
I glossed right past the ages. Assuming the reported ages are correct, neither defendant is death penalty eligible under Roper v. Simmons, decided by the US S.CT in March of 05.

Looks like cages it is.

okyeah
11-25-2008, 11:59 AM
3rd Person Arrested In Shooting Death Of Delivery Driver

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma City homicide investigators arrested a third person Monday in the shooting death of a pizza delivery driver on Nov. 7.

Police believe Christian Otis Holder, 18, played a role in the homicide of Jeremy Moore. Officers arrested Holder at 6:45 p.m. at 912 Greenvale Road, interviewed him and then booked in on a charge of first-degree murder at the Oklahoma County Jail.

Vonta West, 18, and Rondel Griffin, 16, have already been charged with first-degree murder in Moore's death.

KOCO says that two of the three are 18---so who knows if they'll get the death penalty or not

oneforone
11-25-2008, 12:38 PM
I this goes to trial I see seperate trials (or at least one seprate trial) one of them is bound to be willing to squeal on the others.

FFLady
11-25-2008, 12:44 PM
That whole story was creepy to me....hearing about 1/2 the apts there being vacant, and other deliveries not being made after a certain time.....I can almost bet Jeremy had a bad gut feeling when getting out of the car.....I know I would have.....

Justice for the family!!

redcup
11-25-2008, 08:03 PM
They are looking for a 4th according to his family.

Midtowner
11-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Someone's singing.

At least, maybe, that means one of these cretins is showing some guilt/remorse. That'd restore my faith in humanity a bit.

redcup
11-26-2008, 05:20 AM
After Jeremy was killed, I drove by the apts. It was on a Friday and it was 11:00 am. It was still a spooky place. I am a field worker (family visits) and work OK county. Most of my visits are SW, NW. I have driven by those apts. many times, but never had a visit there. They are in worse shape than the last time I had been by. I drove on every street in the complex. Sort of my way of saying goodbye to Jeremy and DARING anyone to do anything. Kinda crazy, I know. He was such a good person. I know that is said of almost everyone that something like this happens to, but it is still true.

Would Jeremy want them executed? Probably not, but then he had never had to face the death of someone he loved as we have had to face with his death. Still, I believe he would not want them executed. However, I am not that forgiving.

Yes, they are turning on one another. The more they find that were involved, the more I see the pack mentality arise and yes, the shooting was more likely. If there had been only one or two, perhaps their courage would have been less and their fear greater. Who knows??

okcpulse
11-26-2008, 05:54 AM
My only question is... what yokel parents raised these filthy f**king primates?

FFLady
11-26-2008, 07:24 AM
.............and not very bright to use a traceable phone call.....

redcup
11-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Well, at least 2 went to the Western Heights ALTERNATIVE High School....a sign to me that they were probably not the brightest bulbs in the pack!

GuyB
11-29-2008, 12:49 PM
This is from KOCO channle 5 youtube page very sad I hope they make an example out of these guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT0TO21AGa0

jbrown84
11-29-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm glad they caught these murderous thugs.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
11-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Forget u guys

I hope my homies get out quicc

Ill tell u this though

Rondell didnt even kno that the guy was gonna get shot..

and that was the first pizza man they had ever robbed get your facts straight

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
11-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Well, at least 2 went to the Western Heights ALTERNATIVE High School....a sign to me that they were probably not the brightest bulbs in the pack!

all 3 did

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
11-30-2008, 12:00 AM
After Jeremy was killed, I drove by the apts. It was on a Friday and it was 11:00 am. It was still a spooky place. I am a field worker (family visits) and work OK county. Most of my visits are SW, NW. I have driven by those apts. many times, but never had a visit there. They are in worse shape than the last time I had been by. I drove on every street in the complex. Sort of my way of saying goodbye to Jeremy and DARING anyone to do anything. Kinda crazy, I know. He was such a good person. I know that is said of almost everyone that something like this happens to, but it is still true.

Would Jeremy want them executed? Probably not, but then he had never had to face the death of someone he loved as we have had to face with his death. Still, I believe he would not want them executed. However, I am not that forgiving.

Yes, they are turning on one another. The more they find that were involved, the more I see the pack mentality arise and yes, the shooting was more likely. If there had been only one or two, perhaps their courage would have been less and their fear greater. Who knows??

not very smart...

oneforone
11-30-2008, 12:39 AM
that was the first pizza man they had ever robbed get your facts straight

I guess that means the DA should go easy on them and give them community service.

grantgeneral78
11-30-2008, 04:10 AM
I guess that means the DA should go easy on them and give them community service.

:LolLolLol Yeah I agree them thugs need to get there destiny. Trial, conviction, and firing squad!

kevinpate
11-30-2008, 06:20 AM
Again, under Roper, the 16 and 17 year old face very long cage matches only. those involved 18 and up, well, it is Oklahoma and someone will likely pay with a death sentence ... unless the departed's family makes it very clear to DA's office they are opposed to that option being on the table.

In making a decision to seek, or not seek, a death penalty, it does tend to matter to the prosecution whether the dead person's loved ones are neutral or favor a particular result, on the case outcome.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
11-30-2008, 09:37 AM
This is 2008 yo

why are we still killin people for killin people

its inhuman

kevinpate
11-30-2008, 11:12 AM
yo bro, sup?
we still killin not chillin cause we's controlled by some tightarse dawgs dude.
Alpha dawg, beta dawgs and the sheeple knows everyone whut is owed a good killing ain't got theirs yet.
They sees no reason not to keep trying to deliver that which is, or may become, owed.
awite?

Midtowner
11-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Forget u guys

I hope my homies get out quicc

Ill tell u this though

Rondell didnt even kno that the guy was gonna get shot..

and that was the first pizza man they had ever robbed get your facts straight

Yeah... they're being persecuted unfairly.. I mean.. if they had robbed the dude and come out with any significant amount of cash, fine. But here? They killed a dude and only got like $20. Who is the real victim!?

-- is that what you're thinking?

Anyhow... one of your boys is a snitch. Rondell made his choice when he decided to hang out with thugs who carry guns.

As far as getting our facts straight.. it doesn't matter. This is an internet message board. The trial will happen. Hopefully every one of these scumbags either gets the needle or goes away for a long time.

For what it's worth, I'm against the death penalty. But as long as we have it, not using it on thugs like these guys would not be right. If they'll kill a pizza deliveryman over a small amount of cash, these must be some truly sociopathic animals. They are not fit to live.

redcup
11-30-2008, 12:52 PM
not very smart...

Yep, I agree. Grief and pissed were driving the car that day. Probably would not do that again. I did say it was crazy.

:sofa:

BG918
11-30-2008, 03:51 PM
^ So this complex is so crime-ridden it is not safe to just drive around it (not walk around) during the DAY?? I think this is when you get the police or the city involved in either cleaning up the area or just tearing it down.

Midtowner
11-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Those folks have to live somewhere.

angel27
11-30-2008, 06:33 PM
My heart goes out to you Redcup for your family's loss.

My son delivers pizza as a second job now. It was his only job for some years, and he's good at it. My heart clutches at news of so many pizza guys being attacked. I have questioned him several times and send him texts when this kind of news happens. He tells me he won't work for a pizza company that doesn't care about its drivers. He has the right to refuse delivery to unsafe areas, or mostly vacant areas, and is very cautious. Still, a mother's heart worries.

Lil Wayne how you can defend anyone involved in such a hideous crime is beyond me.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
11-30-2008, 09:03 PM
I didnt say what they did wasnt wrong

But u guys want them dead...?

Midtowner
11-30-2008, 10:17 PM
I didnt say what they did wasnt wrong

But u guys want them dead...?

If we're going to have the death penalty, shouldn't we use it to punish the people who commit the most depraved and inhuman actions? Shouldn't we be ridding society (and even the prisons) of these individuals who apparently think human life is as worthless as about $20 cash?

The fact is, I think the death penalty is ridiculous. I think it gets handed out to minorities versus whites way too often when the crimes are similar (somehow, whites end up being charged with Murder II a lot more often). I think it has failed to be applied to people like Terry Nichols.

But if we're going to have it, these fellas are right up there with the best of 'em in deserving death.

oneforone
12-01-2008, 12:33 AM
I believe support the death penalty;however, it should only be used in cases like this one.

Is life in prison really a punishment? A warm bed to sleep in, three hot meals every day, cable tv, fitness center and all the free healthcare you want. The only downside is you have to stay in the residence for the rest of your life. You get to see your family, in some cases you can still have children.

What does the victim get? Death.

If these guys wanted to grow old and live free they should not have robbed let alone shot a pizza delivery guy.

All I can say, I hope the pizza was good.

Midtowner
12-01-2008, 02:25 AM
They should be locked into pizza as their last meal.

sweetpea
01-02-2009, 03:15 PM
How do you know Rondell?

sweetpea
01-02-2009, 03:23 PM
One of the youngster's Mom was working her duff off trying to make survival for the family. Dont blame the parents. As a parent, I know we can teach them good morals and ethics. But we can not make them go down that road all the time. So unless you wear that pair of shoes, dont try to fill them. BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

redcup
01-03-2009, 02:50 PM
We all make choices....the children that killed Jeremy made a really stupid choice that will affect them for the rest of their lives. It breaks my heart for them and their families. Their choice still keeps me up at night...I am not sure I will ever be able to accept Jeremy's death. It was so f'ing pointless. I do not blame their families....they did not make the choice for them. I really believe that it was the pack mentality. One alone might not have pulled the trigger, but you get 2 or 3 there and all bets are off. They see violence on TV, in their home (some) and many do not really understand once that gun is fired...someone dies or is terribly hurt. The person shot does not come back to be in the next movie or tv show. They took a life and they will pay. It will not bring Jeremy back...I wish it could.

I know that I have not watched much TV since that day. I just cannot see the violence anymore. I was a TV watcher, but no more.

:sofa:

concern parent
01-04-2009, 11:27 PM
hello all" i first want to say to the moore family in the pizza murdar that i'm praying for you and your family and i pray that god help you fine peace and to let you know that god love and i love you and there nothing anyone can do about it. i wanted to speak on the thing i have been reading, the back and for statement it is not helping the moore family with everyone saying death roll or life what we all need to do, is help them get there life back and to know that god is the head of all thing and we can be judgemental all we want this crime is in god hand and it will be taking care of. we as the public need to come together and help pervent this from happening to some one else and maybe we can help save some one else life.:
god bless you all