View Full Version : Tough night for OU

Patrick
01-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Well, I really have no comment on the issue! We really got our butts kicked tonight! I guess mranderson wins our Orange Bowl pick! Congrats mranderson!

Sad day in Soonerville!

Luke
01-05-2005, 04:06 AM
I guess it's tougher that everyone thought to win a National Title every year.

I'd still rather be a losin' Sooner than a winnin' anything else!

As a former Pride of Oklahoma member, I will ALWAYS have pride in my Sooner win or lose. BOOMER SOONER!

That said, congrats to USC. They handed it to us and they deserve to be #1.

Keith
01-05-2005, 04:58 AM
Wow, we got destroyed last night!! As White said this morning, he was dissappointed and EMBARRASSED. USC broke many records last night in the Orange Bowl. OU offense could not do anything, nor could their defense. Plus, there were many, many, mistakes made that could have been avoided. USC answered every mistake we made, with a score.

I will always be an OU fan, however, I have to call the game the way I see it.....an embarrassment to the players, coaches, and to the fans of OU. USC-55, OU-19. I congratulate USC on a game well played.

mranderson
01-05-2005, 06:44 AM
Can I pick them, or what? (wanted dancing banana, but the smiles are still not working)

sella35
01-05-2005, 07:35 AM
Luke said it so great- I, too, would still rather be a losin' Sooner than a winnin' anything else!

I hate that we didn't come to the big game to play. But, after many tears and a lotta cussin' at my co-workers, who are mainly okie lite and hook em whorns fans, who gave me no rest.......I realized that we went 13-0 for the season and had tough games. And now we have a great new year to look forward to!!

I still love my Sooners and I love my Coach! I can still say I am Sooner born and bred. And I still wake up and thank God that my parents raised me in Oklahoma and taught me that only a few things matter in life, and OU football is one of them.

Oh, grats mranderson on a nice call....next time can you cheer for the good guys? :)

Boomer Sooner,
Sella

Patrick
01-06-2005, 11:41 PM
I suppose Keith was right. A little too much partying on the Sooners part????

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
01-07-2005, 12:56 AM
good time to advoid the Sports Animal right now...

mranderson
01-07-2005, 05:52 AM
Sella. I DO root for the "good guys." I just do not share the same opinion as to who is good.

Midtowner
01-07-2005, 01:07 PM
The success of the Sooners means millions of dollars for our state economy.

I'd have a hard time living in this state,calling myself a good citizen, and calling them "bad guys" considering what they do for our economy.

mranderson
01-07-2005, 01:16 PM
The success of the Sooners means millions of dollars for our state economy.

I'd have a hard time living in this state,calling myself a good citizen, and calling them "bad guys" considering what they do for our economy.
On this one, you are entitled to your own opinion. I happen to dislike OU. Plus. I was the one who called the shot at the Orange Bowl.:banana: :banana: :banana:

Patrick
01-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Doesn't the loss mean a loss of millions of dollars for our state? What is the payout of the Orange Bowl?

Floating_adrift
01-07-2005, 01:35 PM
I believe all the money is split equally; no matter who wins the bowls. One of the reasons the BCS was created to ensure that all conferences had a representative there to receive there share of the pile of cash. :D

Patrick
01-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Actually, I thought the bowls had a payout that went to the winner...last year, for BCS bowls, I was thinking it was around 10 mill.

Midtowner
01-07-2005, 02:02 PM
The Bowl payout is the same to the winner and loser.

It's also split evenly between all conference members.

That means Baylor got as much as OU when it comes to bowl payoffs.

That's not even close to where OU makes its big money though. OU makes its money (most of it) on product licensing. I've heard it's in the 8 or 9-figure range.

Patrick
01-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Interesting....thanks for the info. on bowl payouts.

In regards to licensing profits, obviously the Sooners do better when they're winning, as more people by OU apparel. They probably would've made a bundle of National Champion shirts had they won.

Keith
01-08-2005, 05:15 AM
Well, one thing for sure is that the folks at U.S.A. Screen Printing were not up all night long selling National Championship shirts. Usually, when OU wins something big,U.S.A. SP usually spends the rest of the night printing the shirts, and selling them as they are coming off the press.

Midtowner
01-08-2005, 08:32 AM
Interesting....thanks for the info. on bowl payouts.

In regards to licensing profits, obviously the Sooners do better when they're winning, as more people by OU apparel. They probably would've made a bundle of National Champion shirts had they won.

Exactly. You'd actually be amazed.. When I've travelled to other states and stopped in at malls in say.. Knoxville, TN, I've found stacks of OU apparel.

When I was last in St. Louis, I saw kids in the lower-end part of town (okay, that's the whole place) wearing Oklahoma State basketball jersies. Winning teams gain national fanbases. That equates into more money for our big universities which is good for our state.

Patrick
01-08-2005, 06:14 PM
When I was last in St. Louis, I saw kids in the lower-end part of town (okay, that's the whole place) wearing Oklahoma State basketball jersies. Winning teams gain national fanbases. That equates into more money for our big universities which is good for our state.
Funny! I'm guessing you didn't intend for that to be a jab into OSU, but I'll interpret that way. LOL! :laughing_

mranderson
01-08-2005, 06:34 PM
I guess since I am stuck in Oklahoma, I will go ahead and choose one. The one with the least number of alumni football players with felonies... The winner... OU it is ... Not!

OSU!

Midtowner
01-09-2005, 07:17 AM
I guess since I am stuck in Oklahoma, I will go ahead and choose one. The one with the least number of alumni football players with felonies... The winner... OU it is ... Not!

OSU!

The entire OU team has nothing on current OSU player Prentiss Elliot. Currently charged with (don't know what the DA is waiting for) assaulting an off duty police officer. His girlfriend also recently filed assault charges against him but withdrew them.

Funny that you'd judge an entire sports tradition based on the actions of a few errant players 20 years ago. I guess that's your style though.

mranderson
01-09-2005, 07:43 AM
The entire OU team has nothing on current OSU player Prentiss Elliot. Currently charged with (don't know what the DA is waiting for) assaulting an off duty police officer. His girlfriend also recently filed assault charges against him but withdrew them.

Funny that you'd judge an entire sports tradition based on the actions of a few errant players 20 years ago. I guess that's your style though.
... Among other things. Face it. Some people can not stand OU. That is a fact of life.

Midtowner
01-09-2005, 09:40 PM
... Among other things. Face it. Some people can not stand OU. That is a fact of life.

Okie. Everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion :D

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
01-09-2005, 11:07 PM
....ummmm.....Go Blue!

Patrick
01-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Go Bronchos!

http://www.bronchosports.com/WebsiteHeader.jpg

Midtowner
01-11-2005, 07:51 AM
Go Bronchos!

http://www.bronchosports.com/WebsiteHeader.jpg