View Full Version : Thunder / Clippers Game 11/19

VintageRacer
11-19-2008, 07:44 AM
With both teams starting out slow, this should be a good game to the end. The Thunder should have the home crowd advantage, looking forward to watching our team earn their second win of this season.

OKCMallen
11-19-2008, 07:53 AM
Here's hoping! I do like the improvement I've seen from the team so far as far as motivation.

betts
11-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Here's hoping! I do like the improvement I've seen from the team so far as far as motivation.

Me too. I'm hopeful AND like the improvement in motivation. I was glad to hear Green, Durant and Westbrook went to the OU-Davidson game together last night. When one of them is having a great run, we need them to feed off the energy, and it works better if they see themselves as a team.

BDP
11-19-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm thinking if we don't kill them, we're in trouble.

OKCMallen
11-19-2008, 03:51 PM
BDP- we're already in trouble. :)

andy157
11-19-2008, 09:06 PM
There was a killing allright

OKCMallen
11-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Typical 3rd quarter. Painful to watch.

Easy180
11-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Look for them to bring back Mookie Blaylock and Big Country to help fill seats later in the season :bow:

OKC4me
11-20-2008, 12:53 AM
Man, this is getting frustrating.

VintageRacer
11-20-2008, 08:36 AM
The game was very frustrating. 11 steals, we made some bad passes. Back to the basics, secure the ball. The first half they played very well, second half came out cold and couldn't hang on to the ball. I don't see any intensity, desire, fire in the belly in the players or coach yet. It comes and goes in spurts. I have to make the comparrison with the Hornets and Thunder intro to start things off. The Hornets came running out onto the court when they were introduced, Thunder players kinda stroll out onto the court and do a few chest bumps. They need to come out onto the court fired up from the beginning and try to maintain some type of intesity through out the game. I do have to admit there were a few no calls under the basket that could have helped slow the Clippers momentum. A few bad calls don't overshadow the lackluster 2nd half performance. Time to regroup and get back to the basics.

Midtowner
11-20-2008, 08:40 AM
We have a head coach who has never been successful at this level. It doesn't look like he's about to start now. This is a young team and good coaching is an absolute must -- and good coaching is missing right now.

OKCMallen
11-20-2008, 08:42 AM
the turnovers are ridiculous.

Richard at Remax
11-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Avery Johnson

OKCMallen
11-20-2008, 09:18 AM
We have a head coach who has never been successful at this level. It doesn't look like he's about to start now. This is a young team and good coaching is an absolute must -- and good coaching is missing right now.

I agree. I thought we were holding onto PJ basically to sandbag in Seattle and we'd have a new hire once we got to OKC. Surely he won't last longer than this season.

Karried
11-20-2008, 09:52 AM
It's on newsok that everyone booed the team? Did you hear that?

bretthexum
11-20-2008, 10:03 AM
I was there and I didn't hear any booing. Lots of moans and groans but no booing... ???

Karried
11-20-2008, 10:10 AM
http://newsok.com/a-first-for-the-thunder-boos/article/3323605?custom_click=headlines_widget

betts
11-20-2008, 10:11 AM
I didn't hear any booing either. Muttering and groaning was what I heard. Rohde needs a hearing aide and no access to a computer. He gives it the kind of headline you'd ordinarily see if we made the playoffs. Yellow journalism at its' finest.

CCOKC
11-20-2008, 10:16 AM
I was at the game and I definitely heard some booing but think it was overblown in the DOK article. That game was very frustrating to watch and after we turned the ball over for what seemed like the 10th possession in a row it was just painful. I was one of the few to stay to the end and will for every game I go to.

Richard at Remax
11-20-2008, 10:35 AM
There was booing from where I was sitting

bretthexum
11-20-2008, 11:16 AM
That's a stupid story IMO. It's not the whole damn place was booing. Whatever...

OKCMallen
11-20-2008, 11:31 AM
I heard booing. It was not much, but I am pretty sure I heard it.

VintageRacer
11-20-2008, 11:38 AM
We stayed for the final buzzer also. A mass departure started at the 6 minute time out. At the two minute mark the Clippers reserves hit the court running, our guys were already deflated and just going through the motions working towards the final buzzer. It was tough to watch. I heard a few boo's, but more of it was moans and groans.

Midtowner
11-20-2008, 11:50 AM
I agree. I thought we were holding onto PJ basically to sandbag in Seattle and we'd have a new hire once we got to OKC. Surely he won't last longer than this season.

Bennett's too much of a gentleman to do that to P.J. and not give him a legitimate shot.

But he's had his shot now. Time to move on.

VintageRacer
11-21-2008, 10:21 AM
A Friday sports article says what I was trying to say originally regarding our players.

"We don't expect a winner. Not now. I believe this connect has to do with the attitude, passion, desire, emotion, personalities and player interaction. The Thunder needs to show the fans they want us to fill the seats every game. I just don't see this happening.....in time, a similar relationship can develop with the Thunder."

Lets hope the Thunder pays close attention to the Hornets / fans interaction tonight, pick up the ball run with it from here on out!

bombermwc
11-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Play the game with your full self, the entire game. We're crapping out at halftime and forgetting that there is another half of the game to play. It's like it's a whole other team after halftime, and it's stupid. Keep your heads in the game and stop making stupid mistakes. You're professionals, so act like it.

Even if you lose, if you at least play hard, then the fans are still going to be excited. But when you lose and you play like crap because you aren't even trying....come on. That those last few minutes of the Clippers game. What's with the crappy dunks that DIDN'T EVEN GO IN!? Yeah you've lost, so that means you shouldn't try anymore? And the shooting percentages....oh dear lordy. Perhaps they need to go play some strett ball somewhere instead of playing at the practice facility.

OKCMallen
11-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Bennett's too much of a gentleman to do that to P.J. and not give him a legitimate shot.

But he's had his shot now. Time to move on.

We're brilliant, MT. :congrats: