View Full Version : Oklahoma Sustainable T-Shirt Contest - win $100

bdhumphreys
11-17-2008, 08:15 PM
http://imaginativeamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/imagi_tshirt_contest_2008.jpg

A while back - in this post (http://imaginativeamerica.com/2008/09/sustainability-in-oklahoma-we-need-a-sweet-t-shirt/) - I started a contest for the best t-shirt inspired by Oklahoma’s sustainable roots. So here is a reminder that designs are due November 30th and the winner will walk away with at least $100.

imagiNATIVEamerica T-SHIRT COMPETITION!

imagiNATIVEamerica is offering $100 for the best original t-shirt design that focuses on sustainable housing in Oklahoma. I would suggest you include one of the following slogans or something similar:

“Oklahoma has been doing sustainable housing for years!”

or

“We’ve been doing sustainable housing for years!”*

*include some reference to Oklahoma

other slogans

If you have more ideas on what would make a good slogan, please post them in the comments below.

Rules

Obviously, I am no expert at holding t-shirt competitions, but here are the basics:

deadline: all submissions must be received by November 30, 2008.

specs: all designs must adhere to the requirements of the Cafe Press 10×10 template (found here).

submitting: please email design in .jpg or .png format to blair.d.humphreys@gmail.com.

prizes: winner: $100 / runner-up: $40 / note: depending on the number and quality of entrants I may raise the prize amounts and/or award more entrants

selection: winners will be selected at my discretion and please no family members or employees of imagiNATIVEamerica.com.

ownership: all entrants must turnover ownership of submitted design(s) and all rights to their use. Granting me the sole right to reproduce, print, sell the design, or use it in any way I deem appropriate.

----

Would love to see some great designs from all of the graphic designers and graphic designer wannabes that are part of the OKCtalk community (I believe a few of us fell into this category when the Thunder logo was released).

Feel free to email me your designs or post them here on OKC Talk. Hopefully they will drive some discussion and lead to a great t-shirt....and a happy winner!

Thanks,

Blair

CuatrodeMayo
11-17-2008, 10:58 PM
I hope to God somebody comes up with a better slogan than that.

mmonroe
11-18-2008, 01:44 AM
So you want me to sell you a design, for $100 so you can have full rights on it?

You're kidding me.

jbrown84
11-19-2008, 04:12 PM
What exactly is this? I don't really get it, I guess. Sustainable housing?

bishop186
11-20-2008, 09:25 AM
I would suggest finding an alternative to Cafe Press, as well. The only thing that could almost, maybe if you blurred your eyes, counted as a good comment about them is that they're cheap. That's a two-way street, though, sister.

bdhumphreys
11-20-2008, 03:32 PM
I hope to God somebody comes up with a better slogan than that.

Me too Cuatro...but so far no one has. You have any suggestions?

So you want me to sell you a design, for $100 so you can have full rights on it?

You're kidding me.

No, actually I'm not kidding you. The whole point is to make the shirts available; I am not trying to get rich selling t-shirts. If you have a design you think is worth much more than $100 then submit it and if you win, I will give you the option of having the $100 OR I can help promote your shirt and let you keep all of the profits.

I would suggest finding an alternative to Cafe Press, as well. The only thing that could almost, maybe if you blurred your eyes, counted as a good comment about them is that they're cheap. That's a two-way street, though, sister.

Hey Bishop, yeh that is cool. I just used the Cafe Press template to add some consistency to the entries in a size that I know works well for t-shirts. If you know of a printer that would be better, let me know and I will look into it.

What exactly is this? I don't really get it, I guess. Sustainable housing?

Jbrown,

Basically, I just thought something clever could be done to promote Oklahoma by playing up our "sustainable" past. I mean we are Oklahoma, home of the teepee, the sod house, wind mills, etc. Just seems like there is the potential to play that up. Maybe our recent history isn't all that great (in this perspective) but maybe we can tap into our roots a bit.

----

Maybe it is a terrible idea... Read this post (http://imaginativeamerica.com/2008/09/sustainability-in-oklahoma-we-need-a-sweet-t-shirt/) and then let me know what you think.

And can anyone think of a better slogan?

jbrown84
11-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Oklahoma: Pioneers in Sustainability

bdhumphreys
11-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Oklahoma: Pioneers in Sustainability

Yeh, that is pretty good. It would go well with a sod house.

Now all you have to do is make the t-shirt and slap on the logo...Or just pair it with one of your great pictures.

Anyone else have anything?

jbrown84
11-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Or just pair it with one of your great pictures.

Thank you. I'm afraid I'm not much of a designer, though.

CuatrodeMayo
11-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Aight...I'm in.

bdhumphreys
11-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Aight...I'm in.

Glad to hear it. Look forward to seeing your design!