|

Description
Enter description here.
Latest News
Enter latest news here.
Milestones

Links
Gallery

I know there is another thread talking about it, but I thought I'd start an official thread for this property only with the name since there were multiple properties being discussed in the other thread. Construction is supposed to start first quarter of 2009. Feast your eyes on the pics and floor plans folks........

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3038/3025179555_aa245b308a.jpg?v=0

PICS..........Here is one pic, but I have more I can post if someone can tell me how I post Pdf's? I haven't posted a pdf before since the site upgraded.

Okay, here is the pricing sheet:

Maywood Park Leslie South

Unit # Number of Bedrooms Levels Square Footage (MOL) Sales Price

BUILDING A

101-A 1 1 560 99,900
102-A 1 1 560 99,900
201-A 2 1 1153 230,000
202-A 2 1 1153 230,000
301-A 2 1 1153 232,000
302-A 2/1 2 1330 266,000

BUILDING B

101-B 1 1 560 99,900
102-B 1 1 560 99,900
201-B 2 1 1153 230,000
202-B 2 1 1153 230,000
301-B 2 1 1153 232,000
302-B 2/1 2 1330 266,000

BUILDING C

101-C 1 1 560 99,900
102-C 1 1 560 99,900
201-C 2 1 1153 230,000
202-C 2 1 1153 230,000
301-C 2 1 1153 232,000
302-C 2/1 2 1330 266,000

BUILDING D

101-D SOLD 1 1 560 SOLD
102-D SOLD 1 1 560 SOLD
201-D 2 1 1153 230,000
202-D 2 1 1153 230,000
301-D 2 1 1153 232,000
302-D 2/1 2 1330 266,000

Window Guy
11-12-2008, 02:03 PM
While the name sounds familiar, Where is the Leslie.

What's the physical address?

anyone....

anyone....

jbrown84
11-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Just upload the PDF's to photobucket and link them.

betts
11-12-2008, 04:08 PM
There's some design repetition from the brownstones, although I don't see any red brick. It looks like the ground floor flat is the smallest one, as I would guess there's lobby space on that floor. So the mews is not a street you can drive on? It's just for walking? That's interesting. It looks like each townhouse is probably wide enough to have three parking garages, but I wonder what they will do for parking for a second car for an owner or for guests?

LakeEffect
11-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Is there a website yet?

Chicken In The Rough
11-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Is it just me?? Or, are those really ordinary looking. I wish they could at least put some nice detail on their iron railings, or maybe an awning, or something that makes this property a little distinguuished. I know we need affordable housing downtown. But I had hoped it would be attractive.

metro
11-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Just upload the PDF's to photobucket and link them.

I don't want to open a photobucket, I already use flickr and they don't allow pdfs for some reason. I can email the document to someone else if they want to post.

betts
11-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Is it just me?? Or, are those really ordinary looking. I wish they could at least put some nice detail on their iron railings, or maybe an awning, or something that makes this property a little distinguuished. I know we need affordable housing downtown. But I had hoped it would be attractive.

They're not going to put any detail into the iron railing, because I don't think the designers like that kind of detail. They like pretty clean lines. I think the brick color could be better, but I think it will look better than you think. It's probably too expensive to use cast stone and more expensive materials in that price range.

wsucougz
11-12-2008, 10:25 PM
I think it looks pretty sharp.

Architect2010
11-12-2008, 11:24 PM
I agree. I think it looks great how it is. I don't like intricate designs much anyways. I favor this streamlined, clean look.

TStheThird
11-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Can someone do a google earth of the area and color in the specific projects? I can't get a read on where everything will go in Maywood.

betts
11-13-2008, 02:19 AM
I don't color well, but this project is immediately south of the Maywood Brownstones and north of the Maywood Lofts. It will occupy all the existing space there.

I must say, I'm really curious to see how that mews looks. I'd envisioned it kind of like Back Bay Boston, but the absence of an actual street makes me less able to envision it. It will make it very quiet, though.

taylor83
11-13-2008, 07:13 AM
I'm not sure what to think. I'm excited that this project is adding more housing to downtown and some of it is affordable, but I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't a wider range of choices, like somewhere in between 560 and 1153 sq ft. But I guess there's always Maywood Lofts and Central Ave. I would love to see some floor plans though.

mecarr
11-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Can someone do a google earth of the area and color in the specific projects? I can't get a read on where everything will go in Maywood.

Ditto on that. There are so many different complexes and a supposed park going somewhere in Maywood. From what I can gather, there is brownstones, maywood lofts, and the leslie, plus a park.

warreng88
11-13-2008, 10:30 AM
I don't have a color "legend" of the area, but there is a previous thread about this area.

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/14737-entry-level-housing-maywood-park.html

If you look at post #8, I outlined where they will go.

TStheThird
11-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Metro, send me the pdf's at ts.clinton@gmail and I will mail you back pics that you can post. Cheers.

Midtowner
11-13-2008, 11:46 AM
They're not going to put any detail into the iron railing, because I don't think the designers like that kind of detail. They like pretty clean lines. I think the brick color could be better, but I think it will look better than you think. It's probably too expensive to use cast stone and more expensive materials in that price range.

It's $200/square foot.

At that price, how do you really say anything is too expensive?

BDP
11-13-2008, 11:46 AM
I think I kind of like the design, but where are the roof top decks and gardens? It seems we're missing that in this area. Think of having breakfast over looking the skyline, or having a few friends over to your roof for fireworks, etc. Why aren't these developers incorporating roof access to their town homes and apartments? One of the coolest things I did in San Francisco was watch Fleet Week from a rooftop in Cow Hollow. It was also cool to look around and see just about every rooftop in the area full of people to watch the show and I think sharing a deck and/or garden with others in your townhouse creates a great sense of community that is really the whole point of urban living.

metro
11-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Metro, send me the pdf's at ts.clinton@gmail and I will mail you back pics that you can post. Cheers.

Thanks. Even better I got it figured out to a link now:

http://www.urbanneighbors.org/Websites/urbanneighbors/Images/LESLIES%20PLACE.PDF

supersooner
11-13-2008, 02:41 PM
$200 or even the $175 seems still pricey for a young person. but i guess if that is what you want. it isn't too bad. the small units are almost too small. this isn't NY.......we like space here.

Midtowner
11-13-2008, 02:43 PM
^ Unless you're targeting young people who have trust funds and don't care that their property values are probably going to plummet.

betts
11-13-2008, 05:37 PM
^ Unless you're targeting young people who have trust funds and don't care that their property values are probably going to plummet.

If property values downtown plummet, we can probably forget about any more development there, at least of the sort that you can count on holding up. A lot of the cheaper suburban housing isn't going to hold up well over the long haul, and you can already see that in developments that are 10 to 20 years old. They look pretty on the outside for a while, but a lot of them are constructed shoddily.

Midtowner
11-13-2008, 07:20 PM
If property values downtown plummet, we can probably forget about any more development there, at least of the sort that you can count on holding up. A lot of the cheaper suburban housing isn't going to hold up well over the long haul, and you can already see that in developments that are 10 to 20 years old. They look pretty on the outside for a while, but a lot of them are constructed shoddily.

I doubt it. Builders would still be making a great profit at $125/sq. foot or $150.. even $175. $200 is just at the tipping point of being unreasonable.

Consider this -- what happens when builders stick to this $200 price point which they think the market will bear and then folks start deciding to move out to the burbs? Do you really think the "used" homes are going to sell as highly as the "new" homes? How much of a price increase will a cheap housing market like OKC stand?

These are not the nice highrise, urban developments we're seeing in places like Dallas, these are dumpy little cheap to build brownstones.

Architect2010
11-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Dumpy? Can you see into the future? Because they look fine to me and not at all "dumpy" If thats ur idea of that word then look around this city a little more closely. No offense of course, but cheap doesn't equate to dumpy and they look great to me.

betts
11-13-2008, 08:59 PM
I doubt it. Builders would still be making a great profit at $125/sq. foot or $150.. even $175. $200 is just at the tipping point of being unreasonable.

Consider this -- what happens when builders stick to this $200 price point which they think the market will bear and then folks start deciding to move out to the burbs? Do you really think the "used" homes are going to sell as highly as the "new" homes? How much of a price increase will a cheap housing market like OKC stand?

These are not the nice highrise, urban developments we're seeing in places like Dallas, these are dumpy little cheap to build brownstones.

I built a house that was started nine years ago and finished over seven years ago, and I paid the builder a fee for being the contractor. I then paid all materials, labor etc at invoice price, and my cost was $150 per square foot, when I factored in the builder's fee. That did not include land. So, I saw every invoice before writing a check for it, and I knew precisely what everything cost. We were required by code to use 2 x6 s instead of 2 x 4s, so that was an increase in cost. I used a nicer asphalt roof, and had nice trim carpentry. But, this was not a super high end luxury home, just a really well built one. My point is, I'm not sure how cheap to build these are. The developers here have pretty high standards, and I don't believe they cut corners. I'm sure they are making a profit at $175 to $200 a foot, but I suspect it's not an outrageous profit. I also don't think you can assume a highrise is any better constructed or will be as appealing to buyers. It might be, or it might not.

As far as what these will resell for, it's a situation similar to other places where there's a limit to supply. Unlike the suburbs, there is not limitless land available. If the townhomes are well built and maintained, and there aren't a lot of brand new ones being built, they'll retain their value. If they're poorly built, or there are lots of new options in the area, they might not maintain their value. Real estate is always a crap shoot, and I believe it's best to live where you want and not worry so much about resale. The minute you assume you know what the real estate market is going to do, something will change to screw up your assumptions (from a long-time homeowner here who's bought and sold in boom and bust markets).

Midtowner
11-14-2008, 08:03 AM
Dumpy? Can you see into the future? Because they look fine to me and not at all "dumpy" If thats ur idea of that word then look around this city a little more closely. No offense of course, but cheap doesn't equate to dumpy and they look great to me.

Go look at the new construction in Dallas in the area just east of downtown.

Like Betts said, this land is in limited supply. We only get one shot at doing it right. By comparison to what they have going on in Dallas (and for basically the same price), they are building much nicer stuff.

jbrown84
11-14-2008, 10:45 AM
All this Deep Deuce housing (save "Deep Deuce at Bricktown") is just as high quality as all the mid-rise and low rise stuff I've seen in Dallas. I'm not sure what you mean by "cheap".

Thanks. Even better I got it figured out to a link now:

http://www.urbanneighbors.org/Websites/urbanneighbors/Images/LESLIES%20PLACE.PDF

Bad link. Crashed my browser and all my tabs.

Architect2010
11-14-2008, 10:49 AM
And last time I checked we aren't Dallas. If we can't afford to fill up the Browsntones or the Hill, then I doubt we would even be able to support these "nice highrise, urban developments we're seeing in places like Dallas" you talk about.

This development is fine. It is not dumpy and that is an ignorant argument from anyone.

warreng88
11-20-2008, 10:51 AM
From the Journal Record:

Downtown OKC set for more-affordable condosby Kelley Chambers

OKLAHOMA CITY – Downtown Oklahoma City may soon see housing options targeted at buyers who can’t quite afford a half-million-dollar condo.

The developers of Maywood Park began work in late 2006 to construct a neighborhood from the ground up.The first units they built, the Brownstones at Maywood Park, are priced between about $500,000 and $800,000.

Fifteen of those units were built and five more were added as show homes to benefit the Oklahoma City Orchestra League.

The development team, led by Ron Bradshaw, is now at work on the Second Street Lofts with plans for two more projects hitting a price range as low as $99,000.

The Second Street Lofts are under construction and priced about half as much as the brownstones.

“It’s down a notch in the price range,” Bradshaw said.

That project will have 55 lofts and 30,000 square feet of commercial space. Bradshaw said 39 of those units have sold along with 10 percent of the commercial space.

Residents and tenants at the lofts will also have underground parking, a luxury that adds to the final price tag.

“That’s really what makes these things cost so much is the underground parking,” Bradshaw said.

On average the lofts will have about 1,000 square feet and sell for between $134,000 and $266,000.

Pre-sales will be key in the start dates of two other projects.

The Leslie project is set to begin construction after the first of the year and a second phase must pre-sell 50 percent of the units before construction.

That project calls for two 24-unit phases.

“Demand is what’s going to dictate the speed in which we build all this,” Bradshaw said.

The Leslie units will be priced from $99,000 to $230,000 each, and have at-grade parking.

“One of the things that brings the price down is we don’t have an underground parking garage to build,” Bradshaw said. “But it’s the same quality as the rest of it.”

On the drawing board is also a project dubbed Maywood Hall.

The 36-unit project will require presales of half the units before the start of construction.

Units will range from about $145,000 to $370,000.

“It’s going to be in the middle of the price range,” Bradshaw said.
David Burnett, with Sperry Van Ness Oklahoma, marketed the neighboring Block 42 condo project, and said it is refreshing that a developer is catering to those who want to buy a condo downtown but have as of yet been unable to due to price.

Burnett said demand will likely be tremendous if the Triangle Group can deliver an urban product at a lower starting price point than much of what is currently available.

“It is refreshing to hear that a developer is finally catering to a largely untapped demographic,” he said. “Deep Deuce and a few other apartment complexes have generally been the only option for young professionals when it comes to downtown living.”

taylor83
02-18-2009, 09:25 AM
About a week ago I heard that the Leslie will be for rent rather than for sale. Anyone else heard this?

jbrown84
02-18-2009, 12:31 PM
I think it would be a good idea.

metro
02-18-2009, 01:18 PM
why do you think it'd be a good idea, when it's the first reasonably priced development?

jbrown84
02-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Because all the rental properties are full and most of the for-sale properties are nowhere close. In other words, demand.

mcgrawsdad
02-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Because all the rental properties are full and most of the for-sale properties are nowhere close. In other words, demand.

Demand is some of the issue, but the bigger issue is financing. Even well qualified borrowers are having difficulty getting financed.

bluedogok
02-18-2009, 06:29 PM
^^^ Yep, getting a single family home financed for what most of the condos are priced is difficult enough, getting a condo financed in the current environment is much more difficult. That is what many have found out here in Austin with some of the towers that are being completed, people who put down money on pre-sales aren't able to close because of the financing situation. The Monarch (rental tower) is filling up at a good rate while some of the other buy options are filling up slower, those who had their final financing in place before the markets went to crap are in, those that didn't have had trouble.

jbrown84
02-18-2009, 06:59 PM
If the Park Harvey--as ugly as it is, with no dedicated parking and little in the way of nearby services--can fill up easily, you KNOW there is high demand for rentals downtown.

bombermwc
02-20-2009, 07:33 AM
I can sort of see what people are saying though. They, like all the other projects down there, are just apartment buildings. They're the same stuff you'd see in a suburb, just with a little fancier face to them. We're not making smart use of our land at all with all these dinky little projects. But it is in-filling between the health center and downtown, which is a good thing.

My guess is that when we finally see a real urban residential project develop (meaning a tower), it will be in west downtown, not east. I say that because the CBD is cutt off at Broadway and the rail lines. You cross that and you're in Bricktown....the land of no towers per zoning. And no one would randomly place (or get approval for) a tower out this far east. Basically we either have to wait forever for a C2S project, or we see it go up in west downtown....spreading the connection of downton to Midtown.

Richard at Remax
02-20-2009, 08:09 AM
Since these are pricier and better than your regular apartments, are the leases going to be longer than your average renter? For example a minimum lease is 2 years so you don't have as much turnover than people moving in very six months. Or they could set up a rent to own. Even though I am not a fan of that procedure I think it could be an option.

wsucougz
02-20-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm fine with these being rental. I just want to see them get built. The owners could always spruce them up and sell them as condo's 5-10 years down the line.

There is definitely strong demand for downtown and near-downtown rental housing.

BG918
02-20-2009, 10:52 AM
I can sort of see what people are saying though. They, like all the other projects down there, are just apartment buildings. They're the same stuff you'd see in a suburb, just with a little fancier face to them. We're not making smart use of our land at all with all these dinky little projects. But it is in-filling between the health center and downtown, which is a good thing.

My guess is that when we finally see a real urban residential project develop (meaning a tower), it will be in west downtown, not east. I say that because the CBD is cutt off at Broadway and the rail lines. You cross that and you're in Bricktown....the land of no towers per zoning. And no one would randomly place (or get approval for) a tower out this far east. Basically we either have to wait forever for a C2S project, or we see it go up in west downtown....spreading the connection of downton to Midtown.

I'd like to see the north downtown/midtown area fill in with mid-rise or high-rise towers, roughly from 5th to 10th streets in between Shartel and Broadway.

lasomeday
02-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Yeah, it would be great to see two or three residential high rises go up in that area, but also a few along the river and maybe an 8 to 12 story one in Bricktown. I definitely would like to see a 15 to 20 story hotel in the Medical District.

jbrown84
02-20-2009, 03:55 PM
I think before we see a tower, we'll see something in between. A denser, midrise condo structure with all structured parking. Like what Legacy should have been.

onthestrip
02-26-2009, 09:59 PM
If someone can get a project going like this in Stillwater in this economy, it makes me surprised that something similar isnt being done near Midtown/N. of BT right now.

*Stillwater Flats | Stillwater Oklahoma* (http://www.stillwaterflats.com)

You obviously wouldnt have the same apartment floorplans, but at least this complex is 4stories, its dense, and most importantly it has multi-level interior parking, which is completety lacking in the BT area. Oh, and no eifs either.

betts
02-26-2009, 10:48 PM
There's a sign up for the Leslie in Maywood Park now, and I believe it said, "Starting at $90,000" so they are apparently for sale.

taylor83
02-27-2009, 02:38 PM
I talked to the Brownstones marketing director about a week ago and she said they will be for rent instead of for sale. Also, if you check the TAP Architecture site, it calls the project "The Leslie Apartments".

TAParchitecture: On the Boards (http://www.taparchitecture.com/ontheboards/index.html)

jbrown84
03-01-2009, 07:26 PM
If someone can get a project going like this in Stillwater in this economy, it makes me surprised that something similar isnt being done near Midtown/N. of BT right now.

*Stillwater Flats | Stillwater Oklahoma* (http://www.stillwaterflats.com)

You obviously wouldnt have the same apartment floorplans, but at least this complex is 4stories, its dense, and most importantly it has multi-level interior parking, which is completety lacking in the BT area. Oh, and no eifs either.

The Legacy is very similar. The Stillwater project looks a little more attractive but is just as suburban looking (pitched roof) in the long run.