View Full Version : Apartments

Chynna802
11-07-2008, 10:24 AM
I am looking to move into an apartment on the north side of Oklahoma City (or south Edmond) that is easily accessible from Broadway Extension. I am not unrealistic and while I would love something absolutely perfect, I realize that there is something wrong with each and every apartment community. I would just like some of your opinions on different apartment communities you have lived in around that area. Or if you know someone who is living or has lived in an apartment in that area and can contribute some knowledge that would be great too! Please keep in mind that I would like to budget for around $500/mo for rent... Thanks!

Luke
11-07-2008, 11:15 AM
I love Mesta Park. Great historic homes and lots of nice apartments. I know it's not North OKC or South Edmond, but its easy access to Broadway ext.

millionsrmine
11-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Around there it is more like you get what you pay for.
I pay 750.00 for a nice, safe 1bed and den off May and Memorial.
South of Memorial they are cheaper and South Edmond they only ones that I know of are at Eastern and Memorial. Grab an Apt. Locater Mag. You can
get them anywhere.

Chynna802
11-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Okay, thanks! I will check it out. Do you know of any apartments in particular? I have checked into a couple of duplexes in that general area...

Luke
11-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Okay, thanks! I will check it out. Do you know of any apartments in particular? I have checked into a couple of duplexes in that general area...

Most everything there is duplexes or converted old historic homes. Very cool, in my opinion. Check out the classifieds in the Gazette under 'historic' I think.

;)

jbrown84
11-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Craigslist also would have ads for apartments for rent. There is one actual complex near there at Robinson & 23rd called Brentwood I believe. I've been in a unit and they are in good shape and there is secure, fenced in parking.

FritterGirl
11-07-2008, 03:20 PM
If you are looking for something South of Edmond in particular, you might check out The Links at 122nd, just east of the Broadway Extension. It has its own 9-hole golf course, and backs up to another golf course.

It is a large complex, and as such, certainly lacks the charm you might find in a historical neighborhood, but realistically, I understand the "historic" lifestyle is not everyone's bag, or in everyone's budget.

My husband lived there before we were married (an avid golfer), and really liked it. Had a small 1-bedroom on the far southwest side of the complex, overlooking Silverhorn. It was pretty quiet and he had very nice neighbors.

The Old Downtown Guy
11-07-2008, 04:03 PM
oklahoma city apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist (http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/apa/)

Chynna802
11-07-2008, 04:07 PM
I have looked on craigslist and have used sites such as apartmentfinder.com or apartmentguide.com, but I'm really just wanting people's reviews of different apartments. I have used apartmentratings.com as well, but generally people only post if they are upset, so I was hoping I could get some happy people to post about their apartment experiences.

jbrown84
11-07-2008, 04:11 PM
It doesn't fit your location, but I had a very good experience with the Park Harvey downtown. Great staff, good price, etc.

oneforone
11-07-2008, 07:43 PM
I have looked on craigslist and have used sites such as apartmentfinder.com or apartmentguide.com, but I'm really just wanting people's reviews of different apartments. I have used apartmentratings.com as well, but generally people only post if they are upset, so I was hoping I could get some happy people to post about their apartment experiences.

The first thing you need to understand is that there is no such thing as the perfect apartment.

When it comes to aparment complexes one person's paradise will be another person's nightmare.

My best advice to you is to pick the area and the price you are willing to pay first. Then pick the apartment complexes that look the best to you and drive through them on the weekend when most people are at home.

1. Look at the the parking lot and the cars in it. If you the parking lot looks like a salvage yard, cross the complex off of your list.

2. Look at the landscaping, is it neatly manicured or just kept to city ordinance standards.

3. Look at the pool area. Is it clean regardless of the time of year. A few leaves might be present but if it is green forget about moving there.

3. Look at the balconies and patios. If you see clutter everywhere, cross it off of your list.

4. Don't be afraid to ask to see a vacant unit if they have one available. The property managers that have nothing to hide will have no problem showing you a vacant unit.

5. Ask the leasing agent or property manager what the rules are for disruptive tenants.

6. If the property has gated access drive by at night to see if the gate is closed or left open for all the world to see.

7. If you see residents out and about, stop them and ask their opinion on the place.

These are only a few suggestions. Do understand that no apartment is trouble free. Most people living in apartments care less about the people living around them.

My best advice is to sign a 6 or 3 month lease in the beginning, that way you can move if the place is pure hell.