View Full Version : The Perfect Date in OKC

Faith
11-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Any ideas for the perfect date night in OKC? i.e.(places to go, things to do, restaurants, etc.)

jc4455
11-06-2008, 09:26 AM
A couple hours out at the H&H Range. followed by a big steak dinner at Cattlemen's, then some late-night fishing in the middle of Lake Hefner with a cooler full of beer.

bishop186
11-06-2008, 12:55 PM
A suggestion for the coming months: pretty soon the open-air ice rink in OKC should be opening up. Bricktown is always nice, too. A bit pricey sometimes, but the atmosphere is mostly nice and there are lots of good places to eat and many of them even have live bands as well as the OKC Civic Center nearby.

If you're cheap (like me) you can usually find something interesting going down at one of the colleges (what can I say, I like the theatre!) and there are a multitude of restaurants with exotic cuisine that aren't too pricey if you know what you want and where to look (for example, Lemongrass Thai in Edmond; there's supposed to be a romantic hookah den, too, but I can't remember what it's called or where it is).

There's always the easy-out of a movie, as well and plenty of theaters to choose from (just don't choose Tinseltown!).

Faith
11-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the responses. The live band sounds nice. I don't want anywhere too smoke filled though. I would like to plan a nice romantic date one that would allow for talking. So not too noisy and maybe not just a movie (can't talk).

Midtowner
11-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Saturday night, in honor of Bandnerd not dieing for another year, we will be dining at the Red Prime, then on to the Oklahoma City Philharmonic where we will be seeing/hearing Orff's Carmina Burana.

bishop186
11-06-2008, 02:01 PM
I was thinking about going to the Philharmonic for that one, myself, but then it sold out. Enjoy!

Midtowner
11-06-2008, 02:14 PM
We're depending on a certain third party with a connection to get us those tickets.

It should be pretty fun. I'm a big fan of the piece and even got a chance to play it when I was with the UCO Symphony Orchestra (so was my wife, she got the flute solo parts).

bishop186
11-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Cool! I'm a flautist as well, though calling me "mediocre" would be weighing the chips in my favor.

For the years that I went to UCO, I never did get a chance to see the UCO Symphony Orchestra. Always had a class or work during it.

Do love UCO's theatre productions, though.

Midtowner
11-06-2008, 02:59 PM
We were actually pretty good.

UCO has an excellent music school.

Just a craptastic building :)

bishop186
11-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Y'know, I kind of liked the music building for some reason. I know it's all... moldy, but it had a certain charm to it.

Midtowner
11-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Y'know, I kind of liked the music building for some reason. I know it's all... moldy, but it had a certain charm to it.

All I can tell you was that our professors implored us to burn the place down (but warn them first so they can get their instruments out beforehand).

It's not a terrible place except for the fact that whoever designed the place, for some reason, didn't seem to understand that water runs downhill and that water, once it has run downhill, needs an alternate place to go if you don't want it to flood your basement.

That basement flooded AT LEAST once per year.

jbrown84
11-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Saturday night, in honor of Bandnerd not dieing for another year, we will be dining at the Red Prime, then on to the Oklahoma City Philharmonic where we will be seeing/hearing Orff's Carmina Burana.

Sound like a great birthday date! Have fun.

Karried
11-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Hope you scored tickets and are having a blast!

re Date nights.. so many things coming up.. Circue de Soleil, TransSiberian Orchestra.. and if you really want to score, Thunder Tix, appetizers & beer or dinner first at Mickey Mantle (thanks K!) and take a limo to the game. A guy's dream date. (if he likes sports!)

Midtowner
11-06-2008, 06:59 PM
So far, no good..

donbroncho
11-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Hope you scored tickets and are having a blast!

re Date nights.. so many things coming up.. Circue de Soleil, TransSiberian Orchestra.. and if you really want to score, Thunder Tix, appetizers & beer or dinner first at Mickey Mantle (thanks K!) and take a limo to the game. A guy's dream date. (if he likes sports!)

That girl would be a keeper in my book. If she liked sports, thatd even be better. Karried, you need to let your fellow females in on this idea lol

jbrown84
11-06-2008, 10:08 PM
UCO Jazz Lab could be a fun date.

kevinpate
11-07-2008, 05:40 AM
Some ideas:

Park south end of Bt canal, wander and talk your way to Falcone's. gab a soft drink to go or have your dinner there. If still wandering, make your way to the north end of the canal. From here, either come back the other side to Bourob Street, or exit out the canal and wander to one of the many excellent choice off Sheridan.

take a trolly ride to nowhere, you'll eventually end up back in BT anyway.

Skip the movie and pop around to Regatta Park and and wander down to the plaza. Enjoy a hug and a kiss as you listen to the water fall across the spur and th water dancing against the plaza edge.

Find a dance club if you choose, or a quiet place with background music, not in your face music and enjoy a nightcap.

Or drive NW to Hefner. park along the southwest side and enjoy the moon dance across the water. Just y'all and a decent jazz CD and the moon. Toss on a coat and sit on the hood for a spell.

It's easy to drop 100 or more on a night if the wallet can handle it and hit the Red Primes of the world. The far more interesting challenge is creating a night you will remember a decade later because it was a good blend of affordable, fun and quirky.

bishop186
11-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Oh man, I forgot about the TSO. I missed them last year.

DaveSkater
02-01-2009, 12:25 AM
A couple hours out at the H&H Range. followed by a big steak dinner at Cattlemen's, then some late-night fishing in the middle of Lake Hefner with a cooler full of beer.

Perfect! hahaha!

Do you go dutch at the range or does she have to bring beer? (you don't get both) LOL

:elmer3:

andimthomas
02-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Cool! I'm a flautist as well, though calling me "mediocre" would be weighing the chips in my favor.

For the years that I went to UCO, I never did get a chance to see the UCO Symphony Orchestra. Always had a class or work during it.

Do love UCO's theatre productions, though.

Hey! I play flute as well :)
I wonder if there's a band thread anywhere...

metro
02-06-2009, 03:19 PM
We're depending on a certain third party with a connection to get us those tickets.

It should be pretty fun. I'm a big fan of the piece and even got a chance to play it when I was with the UCO Symphony Orchestra (so was my wife, she got the flute solo parts).

Does she play "yaz flute" I mean Jazz Flute in fine dining establishments like Ron Burgundy?