View Full Version : TV Repairman Referral?

Karried
11-04-2008, 08:39 PM
My Mitsubishi Diamond TV ( about 5 years old) is taking a dive... blue shadow (outline around characters) ...

I searched online and it looks like an easy fix with a repairman ..

Anyone Solder who can decipher the info below and offer advice or want to do a repair job? Or know anyone who is reasonable?

I've heard it's about $300 bucks for a repairman to come out ....

"That is the classic symptom when your convergence ICs go out. They usually take out the two resistors that drive the ICs as well. This is a easy fix if you can solder.

Your ICs are located on a large heat sink on the left side of the chassis they will have an STK392-110 number or similar number. They cost about 10.00 each. Let me know if I can assist you with any other info.

Any parts you need you can get them at electronix.com they ship fast. Also if you would like a manual you can get one at the following link for 12.99 and they provide unlimited support for free. They will even email the manual if yu send them a email requesting they do that instead of mail it to you. Here's thelin if you want the manual.
http://servicemanuals.vstore.ca/ (http://servicemanuals.vstore.ca/)

The chassis will slide out if you remove the screws in

Midtowner
11-04-2008, 10:12 PM
There's a good shop at 15th and Kelley in Edmond.

Karried
11-04-2008, 10:23 PM
perfect.. thanks so much...

Karried
11-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Does anyone off hand if Mitsubishi uses Sanyo parts.. ie, a convergence IC?

This is crazy..

I can get the parts for $12.99 and minimum service call is $60 and the repair is estimated to run $400.

Obviously, I don't mind paying for the knowledge and experience and God knows I wouldn't even know what to look for but it seems to me that the part will be marked up incredibly high and the labor to remove the solder and resolder is outrageous.

Heavy sigh.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-11-2008, 07:10 AM
Solder and a soldering iron will run you less than $30 if you buy a really nice setup...And it's easy to do.

If you've got the instructions and the part numbers...AND your TV already isn't working...I say GO FOR IT!

But that's me. I'll crack open anything and go after it if it's already broke.

Karried
11-11-2008, 07:17 AM
Now you tell me! I just forked over $285 yesterday

Found the parts online for $12.50 x 2 - guy was here for about 45 minutes. ugh. It's not cheap.

But having the Big Screen TV back to play Halo 2 & Rock Band -

Priceless

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Now you tell me! I just forked over $285 yesterday

Found the parts online for $12.50 x 2 - guy was here for about 45 minutes. ugh. It's not cheap.

But having the Big Screen TV back to play Halo 2 & Rock Band -

Priceless

Sorry! I've been gone for a week ;)

Karried
11-11-2008, 07:31 AM
omg - I forgot!!!!!! My invite must have gotten lost in the mail.. tee, hee.

You got married!!! Congratulations!

How was Jamaica? Looks like you dodged a bullet with the hurricane?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-11-2008, 07:34 AM
It was nice...And yeah...Missed the hurricane (I guess we did anyway, this is the first I'm hearing of it!)

Got hitched on the day you started this thread (election day). So that day was historic in more ways than one. Oh GAWD I'm off the market after 36 years!

Karried
11-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Congrats again! It's been a crazy week. Glad you had a nice time.

MadMonk
11-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Congrats man!
:Smiley051

Oh GAWD the Smell!
11-11-2008, 09:06 AM

CuatrodeMayo
11-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Good move.

I've never looked back.