View Full Version : Woot!! We Win!

Karried
11-02-2008, 09:58 PM
What a great game and a wonderful crowd... 88 to 85... too close for comfort but how exciting! It was really a good crowd... reminded me of our beloved Hornets....

Intrepid
11-02-2008, 10:09 PM
I agree. Even the atmosphere before the game seemed to be a lot better to me. It seemed like a different type of crowd. I think it also helped that we played LOTS better most of the game.

jstanthrnme
11-02-2008, 10:17 PM
"It's a game we're supposed to have won," [Al] Jefferson said. "We gave up 25 points second-chance. That's why it hurts so bad. ... No disrespect to the Thunder, but it was just a game we had in the bag and we should have won." from espn.com

Home court advantage, anybody?

As said, this game was awesome, the crowd was awesome.

the downside, why so many empty seats?
There aren't that many people who are wandering the halls of the Ford Center.

SWOKC 4 me
11-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Well, I couldn't make it to the first home game but I made it to the first WIN!!!

It was a very exciting game especially the last quarter!

Can't wait for more wins!

GO THUNDER!

OKCisOK4me
11-02-2008, 10:19 PM
It was the first game of my 8 game mini-pack! And what a great game to be a part of. My seat is in section 321 of Loud City. I was not even 40% vocal until the super loudness of defense chants in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter! Talk about a great comeback for a young team being down by 12.

My original thought was that if we were down by 15 with 5 to go I was gonna leave but with the result I'm glad I obviously stayed!

Getting out of downtown was actually a lot easier than I thought. Everyone was pretty polite to let me get over in to the 'busy' lane.

My only negative was that I bought that $10 Opening Night program and I put it down on the ground below my seat. Someone spilled a drink and it soaked it and the pages got all stuck together and ripped as I tried to pull them apart. The rest of my experience, though, was great and I look forward to going back again!

Did anybody else happen to see the huge FedEx plane flying AWFULLY close to downtown before the game? Say around 5:15?! I've never seen a plane flying that low that close to a downtown!

Intrepid
11-02-2008, 10:22 PM
from espn.com

Home court advantage, anybody?

As said, this game was awesome, the crowd was awesome.

My guess is because it was a Sunday night game. Even on the radio pregame show they mention that there would be a drop in attendance.

SWOKC 4 me
11-02-2008, 10:24 PM

I noticed quite a few seats empty for the whole game throughout the arena also. Come on season ticket holders if you can't make it to the game give your tickets to someone who can! Lets keep those seats full!

OKCisOK4me
11-02-2008, 10:28 PM
I noticed quite a few seats empty for the whole game throughout the arena also. Come on season ticket holders if you can't make it to the game give your tickets to someone who can! Lets keep those seats full!

Yeah it looked like freckles. Is the count for tickets purchased or tickets scanned? Cause afterward in my car they announced roughly 18,000. That didn't look like 1,163 seats shy of standing room only!

jstanthrnme
11-02-2008, 10:39 PM
my thought, was that the corporations and companies that have blocks of tickets to give to employees didn't give all of em away. most of what I noticed was in the lower bowl. Although the family in the row behind me (in Loud City) didn't get there until the end of the 3rd qtr....

It's starting to sink in that we actually have a team...of our very own.

Intrepid
11-02-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm in sec. 303 and there were rows in my section and several sections near me that were not filled.

OKCisOK4me
11-02-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm glad to have tickets in Loud City! Wouldn't trade it for anything else. But I may have to buy a small pair of binoculars. Although I do have practically perfect vision I do also enjoy the details!

I also love the fact that we (Sooners & Cowboys fans alike) have something in common to root for!

GO THUNDER!!

jstanthrnme
11-02-2008, 11:18 PM
One thing, when "Dr. Rock" is played, people should chant O-K-C instead of Hey-Hey-Hey. I know its early, but we should start creating tradition.

betts
11-02-2008, 11:22 PM
People who are given tickets are far less likely to use them than people who purchase tickets. For games with unexciting teams, there will always be people missing from corporate seats. The worst example of that is at OU basketball games, where many seats go unused most of the season.

On Saturdays and Sundays during football season, you're going to have fewer walkup ticket purchasers as well. It's also possible that people arriving late assumed the game started at 7. I almost didn't look at the time and would have been quite late.

betts
11-03-2008, 07:28 AM
In fact, I checked the box score for Dallas versus the T-wolves and noticed they had attendance of 16,893. We did better than that, although I agree that it should have been a sellout, especially considering the fact that most of the tickets to be sold were of the $10 variety. I also noticed many empty seats at the Dallas-Rockets game, and couldn't believe how early the majority of fans left that game, considering the fact that there had been multiple lead changes in the fourth quarter.

Easy180
11-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Desperately needed this one as big bad Boston rolls in on Wednesday...That one is going to get ugly quick unless Durant plays lights out

This team just needs another scorer and they will be just fine....Far from a great team but they do hustle

jstanthrnme
11-03-2008, 09:30 AM
This team just needs another scorer and they will be just fine....Far from a great team but they do hustle

An outside shooter.

I think we should focus on getting players who can be more disruptive on defense, before going after scorers.

Though if a good deal can be stuck for someone who can hit 3's (I'm thinking of someone like Peja) then Presti should take advantage of it.

Easy180
11-03-2008, 09:38 AM
An outside shooter.

Absolutely...Should be able to pick up a decent 3 pt shooter on the cheap

A grand total of three 3 pt shots last night!....Need someone outside to keep them honest

Nawfside OKC
11-03-2008, 11:54 AM
I was there I got a 8 game pack in 311 G seats 13-15 the game was the best, a historical win for OKC. There was at least 5 open seats on my row and a couple on the rows in front and back of me. $5 beers and $4 corndogs........Go thunderrrrrrrrrrrr.......

jbrown84
11-03-2008, 12:18 PM
My parents went. They picked a good night to go, sounds like.

Karried
11-03-2008, 01:12 PM
I was in 311 as well (so was Doug) ... pretty rowdy section.

BDP
11-03-2008, 01:42 PM
That was great. I couldn't go (but I did give my tickets to someone who did go), but I watched it on FS OKlahoma in HD, which is so unbelievably better than KSBI it is not even funny. KSBI has no business doing games and FS OK did a very good job production wise.

As far as attendance, it looked good on TV, especially in the 4th when everybody was in their seats. Honestly, it looked better than 80% of NBA games on TV. People here just need to learn that NBA games are not football games. There are 41 of these things in every market and people do not sit down the whole game. You can watch a Lakers or Pistons game and the seats will not be full most of the time, even during sell outs. That was really a good showing or at least it looked good on TV relative to most NBA games.

Also, I hope that last night begins to break the chain of the Myth of the Hornets around here. These games have been very much like a Hornets game in terms of performance and presentation, but the Hornets tenure here has been so pumped up around here that it is beginning to enter the realm of legend. Yes, they were focused on presentation and they got better, but they stunk when they first got here (never went to the playoffs while there were here) and they didn't do much more during games than the Thunder has, except maybe a few more give-aways. And I noticed a lot of things the first night in terms of game presentation that I liked a lot better than Hornets games, to be honest. I think people remember the really awesome Hornets games and that's all they remember, so now they can't understand why every Thunder game isn't as awesome as the mythical Hornets game they have created in their minds.

SoonerQueen
11-03-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm glad they won, I just wish I had been there to see it.

OKCisOK4me
11-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Absolutely...Should be able to pick up a decent 3 pt shooter on the cheap

A grand total of three 3 pt shots last night!....Need someone outside to keep them honest

Fer real. I couldn't recall how few 3 pt shots were taken and it's no wonder!!
It's still good to see a team driving in to the paint but you gotta have that compliment on the outside that we can penetrate and dish out to for the big bucket!!

KD can't be that guy, just cause he likes to shoot threes.

boomer
11-03-2008, 05:47 PM
WE NEED A SHOOTER!!! Great D though.

Easy180
11-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Spotted this on Truehoop from a Minnesota sportswriter

Two signs the Wolves aren't playing the Seattle SuperSonics anymore: Prayer preceeded the national anthem and the pregame meal in the media room featured chicken fried steak in the shape of the state of Oklahoma.

betts
11-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Spotted this on Truehoop from a Minnesota sportswriter

Two signs the Wolves aren't playing the Seattle SuperSonics anymore: Prayer preceeded the national anthem and the pregame meal in the media room featured chicken fried steak in the shape of the state of Oklahoma.

A little bit of stretch comedically speaking, but still funny.