View Full Version : OU #6 in BCS poll

ddavidson8
11-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Wow...?????

so1rfan
11-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Not a real surprise. Three undefeated teams and the one team we lost to should be ahead of us. I also wouldn't be surprised if Florida won the SEC.

Amazing though how a we can beat a team that took Tech to overtime by 34 and drop two spots in the poll.

ddavidson8
11-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Exactly. It's the drop after winning 62-28. Please. This system is such a freaking joke.

CuatrodeMayo
11-02-2008, 10:37 PM
double post

CuatrodeMayo
11-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Typical. The system always sucks when it not going your way.

It's not that OU dropped, but that two highly ranked teams won some pretty big games against ranked opponents.

#1 Alabama - Undefeated in the SEC is a pretty big deal. It won't last. Look for up-and-coming Florida.
#2 TTU - Obvious, I'm sure.
#3 Penn State - Undefeated in the Big 10...woo hoo. Doesn't belong here. East coast bias for ya.
#4 Texas - A highly ranked team beat by a highly ranked team. A 3-point drop makes sense.
#5 Florida - In case you haven't noticed, October was good to Florida. Saturday's dimantling of Geogia pretty much locks this ranking in.
#6 Oklahoma - an impressive win no doubt, but against a dismal Nebraska team.
#7 USC - A decent team in a lousy conference. Simply put: Bias.
#8 Utah - See #7 minus bias. Can't figure this one out.
#9 Oklahoma State - A win next week could increase this team's stock considerably.
#10 Boise State - I used to laugh at Boise State, but after a BCS game against a local team...I tend to believe this ranking.

jstanthrnme
11-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Its not that it's not going "your" way, its not going anyones way, except ESPN.

at least three Big 12 teams should be in the BCS games. 1 possibly 2 will be left out.

a playoff is the purest, most unadulterated way to crown the national champion.

betts
11-03-2008, 12:53 AM
If OU beats Tech and OSU, we will rise in the BCS polls above Texas, at least until it's determined who's playing in the Big Twelve championship and the game is played. It would be tough to pass Florida with all the street cred the SEC has with voters. If neither Alabama nor Penn State loses, we have no chance to go to the national title game anyway, nor do we if OSU beats Tech. If we don't beat those two teams, it doesn't really matter what our BCS standing is, because we won't be playing in a BCS bowl anyway. We had to beat Texas to have a clear path, and we didn't. Now, it's going to take luck. With our defense, I'd be worried if we played anyone besides Penn State anyway.

Mr. T in OKC
11-03-2008, 02:00 PM
How does Florida Jump that far after whipping Georgia. Alabama also dismantled Georgia. Is it possible that Georgia just isn't that good?!?!?!

jsibelius
11-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Isn't he beautiful?

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/tech-justice-leach.JPG

Easy180
11-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Isn't he beautiful?

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/tech-justice-leach.JPG

Let's just see if is doing that AFTER his visit to good ole Norman...Stoops has only lost twice at home in his 10 years

I'm very scared of what they will do to OU's defense but I think Bradford and co will walk up and down the field w/ little resistance

OU 63
TT 52

jsibelius
11-03-2008, 07:26 PM
He'll be doing that until the alcohol gets a grip...