View Full Version : The Riverwalk STINKS!

MrZ
11-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Went to lunch at McAlister's today and drove by the "river" and it smelled like a sewer. I noticed some huge piles of trash and debris caught against the supports of the bridge. The water was also a nice dark shade of brown. Looked a bit like Mr. Wonka's chocolate river.
Maybe they should have gone with a canal. There really isn't any water flow so it just stagnates. I like the businesses around there, but I wouldn't want to eat outdoors at any of the restaurants there.

Curt
11-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Went to lunch at McAlister's today and drove by the "river" and it smelled like a sewer. I noticed some huge piles of trash and debris caught against the supports of the bridge. The water was also a nice dark shade of brown. Looked a bit like Mr. Wonka's chocolate river.
Maybe they should have gone with a canal. There really isn't any water flow so it just stagnates. I like the businesses around there, but I wouldn't want to eat outdoors at any of the restaurants there.

Come to Detroit...you will go back to Bricktown and realize how nice it really is...trust me.

lasomeday
11-01-2008, 05:51 PM
He is not talking about Bricktown. He is talking about The riverwalk thing in Moore.

slick
11-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Seriously, what is the plan for the Moore Riverwalk? Is there some master plan in place thats to be implemented soon to make it appealing? For something that the city is trying to market as an attraction for Moore, it truly "stinks".
The businesses are doing there part, 19th Street exit is flooded with restaurant and retail, the city needs to do its part and clean up that Riverwalk.

ddavidson8
11-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Moore has a riverwalk?

andy157
11-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Come to Detroit...you will go back to Bricktown and realize how nice it really is...trust me.So we can remain dirty, just so long as we're not quite as dirty as Detroit then I guess we will be OK.

kevinpate
11-02-2008, 07:58 AM
> Moore has a riverwalk?

Life's a ditch

Curt
11-02-2008, 10:08 AM
So we can remain dirty, just so long as we're not quite as dirty as Detroit then I guess we will be OK.

Only remain dirty if ya want to...the people of a town have the option to clean it up or leave it dirty...I also did not know this was talking about Moore and not Bricktown...my apologies.

andy157
11-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Only remain dirty if ya want to...the people of a town have the option to clean it up or leave it dirty...I also did not know this was talking about Moore and not Bricktown...my apologies.No apologies needed, I just couldn't figure out what Detroit had to do with anything.

Jesseda
11-03-2008, 08:26 AM
its sady to see this thing (river walk) get wasted, I live off 19th street and yes the trash in hte riverwalk area is nasty, at one point i thought there was a body up against the bridge, it turned out to be just a bunch of trash thank god, but still thats how bad the trash is there, i dont think people enjoy sipping on starbucks and have the fresh aroma of sewage. and they actaully want people to walk the trails along that walk in that area. also if you go to aldi, look at the river last time i was there there was 3 shopping carts along with a bunch of trash creating its own little damn in the river