View Full Version : Your Starting Five

Richard at Remax
10-30-2008, 01:18 PM
From reading the Seattle forum from the season of 2007, the main concern they had of PJ was that he couldn't figure out who to play with who. Well watching the preseason game and last nights game here is what I think the starting five should be.

Durant - Too obvious, even though he struggled last night
Wilcox - should be the starting PF because of his intensity and energy. brings a big body to the table.
Westbrook - If you watched the game you know he is and will be better at running the point than watson. plus he is long and actually plays defense and isn't afraid to go to the basket. the more experience the faster he will learn.
Collison - also a big body and knows the system better than anyone
Mason/Petro - either one of these are acceptable here. mason brings defense, which they clearly need, and enthusiasm and toughness. petro has shown flashes of great potential.

Thoughts?

Richard at Remax
10-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Too add on my post:

Jeff Green, having watched them in Seattle and all the games here, does nothing for me. He just seems lazy most of the time. I think he would do a better job coming off the bench because it doesn't seem like he doesn't like the pressure of starting.

betts
10-31-2008, 10:47 AM
It doesn't hurt for players who think they should be starters to come off the bench for a while if they need a wake-up call. Byron Scott certainly lived by that motto, although I'm not precisely sure how well it worked for him. It seems like a good idea.

BDP
11-04-2008, 09:24 AM
I like your line up, but I am still not real comfortable with Westbrook at point. Maybe he will get it, but he seems to be forcing a lot right now.