View Full Version : Bricktown Parking Problem...Nope

donbroncho
10-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Over on Steve's blog, he really calls it like it is about people who think there is a "problem" with the parking in bricktown and i totally agree with him. Ive always found a free spot down there. yes, you may have to walk some, but hey thats life sometimes. And i understand that not everyone can walk. But the vast majority of bricktown visitors can. It kinda reminds me of UCO...everyone there complains about parking, yet thers always tons available and again you have to walk some. Same story as bricktown...

For details: OKC Central — All about downtown OKC (http://blog.newsok.com/okccentral)

bluedogok
10-29-2008, 09:15 PM
The vast majority of people don't want to be inconvenienced for anything. Most could never handle living in a "big" city where parking starts at 10.00 an hour and "free" lots don't exist.

bombermwc
10-30-2008, 07:21 AM
Seriosuly, get off your duff and walk. We might lose some of those million pounds on the process. It's so stupid that people won't walk such a short distance...we're lazy farts. Maybe if we walked to those high fat/calorie dinners we eat down there, would would work some of it back off on the way back to the car.

Luke
10-30-2008, 07:23 AM
I got free parking last night. Easy peasy.

betts
10-30-2008, 09:53 AM
I always park in the Santa Fe garage. It's cheap, easy to use and nothing is more than a couple of blocks away. Even when NBA games are sold out, parking there is plentiful. Actually, if I want to go to Bricktown only, I park at Maywood and walk. It's a pleasant stroll, and fun to walk over the bridge.

BDP
10-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Yep, got downtown about 15 minutes before tip off last night and parked for free on Main no problem.

EvokeCoffee
10-30-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm glad Steve is saying that there is NOT a problem. I seem to remember a few months ago on his blog a discussion he was presenting about how there WAS a problem. I probably just miss read it at that time...

Steve
10-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Evoke, I've tended to take a a middle of the road approach to this, posing questions and criticisms expressed by readers and repeating them to owners, etc. There have also been some changes in Bricktown's approach to parking the past few months.

westsidesooner
10-30-2008, 11:52 AM
I have NEVER had a problem parking in Bricktown. I don't know if I've ever even paid to park in Bricktown. I like excercise, and I like walking through Bricktown so I always park in lower bricktown near the LRM. Afterall how far is it from lower bricktown to main street.....3 blocks???

Mr. T in OKC
10-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Sometimes I want to dropkick the people in large parking lots who wait 5 minutes for someone who is parked in front to get in their car and leave when they could park in the back and walk to the front in about 45 seconds.

P.S. I've never had a problem parking in bricktown and I go there quite often.

jbrown84
10-30-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm glad we're all on the same page. :D

Karried
10-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Parked free last night...very cool Bricktown Parking Garage across from Crabshack.