View Full Version : Principal Technologies

Curt
10-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Has anybody ever had a good, bad or indifferent experience with this company?

Curt
10-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Ok well it appears nobody has dealt with them before, my advice is dont from past experience I lost out on a good job because they dropped the ball and did not follow through. When I called Cameron to find out what was going on Principal got very upset and recinded the offer...even though Cameron told me to deal with them anytime I needed anything.

soonerfan21
10-30-2008, 02:31 PM
doesn't sound like that good of a job if that is typical of communication. I would say you dodged a bullet

metro
10-30-2008, 02:47 PM
you might try posting this in the business exchange section or best & worst, you might get more response there, just a thought

FFLady
10-30-2008, 02:48 PM
I am currently an employee with PT, and have been on an "assignment" for 4 years (12/13). I will have been with PT 5 years in May. I haven't had any problems with them, except I feel they aren't very good communicators. Once I emailed the lady who handles PR, and another emailed me back "informing" me of her death.....then recently I saw a blurb in the Business section that PT had hired a man (because its mainly a Woman Co) to oversee the construction of a new office building for Principal. I thought it would have been nice to receive an email or something informing us "Contractors" of the latest....

supersooner
10-30-2008, 03:15 PM
I have worked with them many times and haven't had one problem at all and have actually recommended them to others looking for work and employees.

Curt
10-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the replys....I was just wondering but I found out through another company I lost a job because of PT's poor communication. I like dealing direct with employers, afterall it is my future, they did not like that..Guess I am a little bitter because it also cost me a fiance'...cant move without a job though..

Curt
10-30-2008, 05:10 PM
doesn't sound like that good of a job if that is typical of communication. I would say you dodged a bullet

I agree on that point

FFLady
10-31-2008, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the replys....I was just wondering but I found out through another company I lost a job because of PT's poor communication. I like dealing direct with employers, afterall it is my future, they did not like that..Guess I am a little bitter because it also cost me a fiance'...cant move without a job though..

Curt - did you not want to contract thru Principal?

Curt
10-31-2008, 08:50 AM
Curt - did you not want to contract thru Principal?

I had no problem contracting through them, the problem was is when I interviewed with Cameron, they told me to call them if I ever had questions, so I did...well word got back to Principal and the people at Principal got very upset with me...

On another occasion with another company I was told by Principal to be in town on a certain date and go talk to a certain person at another company...so I flew in, went to this company and they had no idea I was supposed to be there and had no job for me..there went about $600.00..

At least Cameron covered my $900.00 bill for me...so that made me think they were serious and I made plans to move down...then Principal calls me and says they recinded the offer...to this day I cant get an exact answer why...

FFLady
10-31-2008, 09:27 AM
I had no problem contracting through them, the problem was is when I interviewed with Cameron, they told me to call them if I ever had questions, so I did...well word got back to Principal and the people at Principal got very upset with me...

On another occasion with another company I was told by Principal to be in town on a certain date and go talk to a certain person at another company...so I flew in, went to this company and they had no idea I was supposed to be there and had no job for me..there went about $600.00..

At least Cameron covered my $900.00 bill for me...so that made me think they were serious and I made plans to move down...then Principal calls me and says they recinded the offer...to this day I cant get an exact answer why...

WOW!!!!!!! Now that's some bad PR right there - sorry that happened to you...

Have you dealt with Pam there? She's like the owner....if I were you, I'd write a big time complaint letter....:fighting3

matteboy
10-31-2008, 09:46 AM
I have talked to Pam in the past. She's great. When you work with recruiters, aren't they supposed to talk to the company's for you? I thought that was how it worked anyway. I can't believe a company would recind an offer over a simple phone call. Maybe there were other things at play--the economy maybe? Dodged a bullet is right. Sounds like it wasn't the best place to go. I don't know. At least you got reimbursed!!

oumba96
10-31-2008, 02:03 PM
I am currently an employee with PT, and have been on an "assignment" for 4 years (12/13). I will have been with PT 5 years in May. I haven't had any problems with them, except I feel they aren't very good communicators. Once I emailed the lady who handles PR, and another emailed me back "informing" me of her death.....then recently I saw a blurb in the Business section that PT had hired a man (because its mainly a Woman Co) to oversee the construction of a new office building for Principal. I thought it would have been nice to receive an email or something informing us "Contractors" of the latest....

Hey FFLady - how was the pumpking pie today???

Curt
10-31-2008, 09:09 PM
WOW!!!!!!! Now that's some bad PR right there - sorry that happened to you...

Have you dealt with Pam there? She's like the owner....if I were you, I'd write a big time complaint letter....:fighting3

No I have not...but I will...

Trust me I am not gonna let this one rest until I get what I want..