View Full Version : Newest Town Center Shop???

bombermwc
10-29-2008, 07:26 AM
So I saw that the lot next to Best Buy had stuff piled up on it the other day. Anyone care to speculate what might be going in? It's big enough for a Books a Million.......dare I say?

Luke
10-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Interesting. Someone here will know hopefully.

mmonroe
10-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Well, no help from the county assessor GIS mapping system... nor the 2008 Comprehensive plan...

Lauri101
10-30-2008, 03:32 PM
None of the surrounding store employees seem to know either.

Please, let it be a bookstore...:please:

amandagall5
02-05-2009, 02:42 PM
I noticed this afternoon while driving along 29th street, that the empty lot between Chick-Fil-A and Uhaul had some work going on. It looked like it was being leveled and graded. Does anyone know what is going in there? I'm thinking it's another food place. There were no signs that I could see from the road.

bombermwc
02-06-2009, 08:23 AM
Crosses fingers yet again on the book store....but you're probably right, more food.

Soonerfan19654
02-07-2009, 11:19 PM
It may be a Cheddars restaurant. I heard they were building one in Midwest City, and the one in Norman just opened.....so the timing might be right for the construction crew to start the next project.

Lauri101
02-09-2009, 02:54 PM
I've heard Chedder's is pretty decent - it'd be nice to have another choice for sit-down food.

Now, if they could just co-locate a B&N with it...

bombermwc
02-11-2009, 07:11 AM
Maybe that Lori's Checkerboard place that was supposed to try and get in Uptown??? Probably not, but who knows.

I have seen the pile of materials pile higher and higher next to Best Buy, but nothing ever happens.

PLEASE COME TO US BOOKS A MILLION....remember B&N was turned down by the city because of the free deals they wanted.

Lauri101
02-11-2009, 09:47 AM
I'd almost settle for another Waldenbooks, but BAM would be fine.

Contrary to what the marketing gurus may believe, we do read in eastern Oklahoma County!

Luke
02-11-2009, 01:22 PM
A bookstore would be nice.

Drake
02-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Maybe that Lori's Checkerboard place that was supposed to try and get in Uptown??? Probably not, but who knows.

I have seen the pile of materials pile higher and higher next to Best Buy, but nothing ever happens.

PLEASE COME TO US BOOKS A MILLION....remember B&N was turned down by the city because of the free deals they wanted.

Lori's Checkerboard should be opening soon next to Office Depot.

MRG73110
06-08-2009, 08:39 PM
The building next to Chick-Fil-A is almost done. If you go to Cheddar's website, the outside of the building matches the design. :::::Welcome to Cheddar's!::::: (http://www.cheddars.com)

They list the Norman store, but I couldn't find a 'coming soon' link anywhere.

MRG

kay
06-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Somehow I missed the beginning of this thread when it was originally posted but I thought I'd let you know I asked the Mayor the same question about the building material (which I think is gone by now) in the lot by Best Buy. He said it's roofing material for the roofing repairs from the hail we had. Unfortunately no book store yet. We look like backwards folks with not one bookstore or movie theater in the whole city. Just thought I'd let you know

mireaux
06-09-2009, 08:55 AM
i dont think it will be a barnes and noble, they usually conduct extensive market research before deciding where to build. it will probably be another restaurant though.

Lauri101
06-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Sadly, I fear it's our own fault in that when we had what passed for bookstores (Waldenbooks and Hastings), we just didn't buy enough. I did my share and then some for a while, until they quit stocking the newest books.

Thanks Kay for update.

bombermwc
06-11-2009, 10:41 AM
It will NOT be a B&N...ever. Remember MWC had a deal going with them but B&N wanted to get so many freebies out of the deal that the city walked away from the deal. Unless we get a Books a Million, we're screwed. Hastings is crap compared to BAM too.

Lauri101
06-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Hastings is crap compared to BAM too.

I agree - it never did anything for me.

I've just about given up - I guess the PTB (powers that be) think we don't read if we live in EOC.
I have to go to DC next week for business and I picked the hotel nearest to a bookstore! :ohno: