View Full Version : What the heck to do halloween night???

LandryTeam
10-28-2008, 10:10 AM
I have 2 kids...12 yrs old and 13 yrs old. They dont really want to dress up but they for sure want to go out and do something. They have both already been to Fright Fest at Frontier City this month.....so other than that, do you guys have any suggestions???

Thanks
Eddie

southernskye
10-28-2008, 01:22 PM
My son will be sitting at home (he's 14) bad report card.

The Haunted Warehouse in Bricktown

Karried
10-28-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm in the same situation.. boo hoo, why do they have to grow up?

Even the older ones enjoy this.. have this set up some haybales on the porch with a bunch of decorations, masked stuffed with hay dummies... fog machine, scary music, etc etc, and have them wear a mask to try to blend in with the other 'props' ... when kids come to the door, they 'come alive' and hand out candy ( if any trick or treaters are still brave enough to stick around, ha, ha) ... they all get a great kick out of being scared and scaring each other!

This way they feel a little more grown up but still have fun scary everyone.

BDP
10-28-2008, 01:44 PM
I don't know how it'd play with 12 and 13 year olds, but I'd do this:

Hitchcock! | Oklahoma City Philharmonic (http://www.okcphilharmonic.org/hitchcock-symphonic-night-at-the-movies)

westsidesooner
10-28-2008, 01:54 PM
I like Karrieds idea. I remember the first year me and my brother were feeling to old to go trick or treating. We begged our parents to let us go and hang out with our friends. DONT let them do that. We ended up being the big kids wandering around to old to get treats but more than willing to play tricks. I know 12-13 year old kids are (or think they are) as mature as we were at 15-16, so its hard to read them. Good luck. If I had one suggestion Id tell you to have a party at your home or at a supervised friends home. Since its a Friday night it would be a good time for a sleepover....again, depends if they're too "mature" for that. Get tham involved in a mystery game night, or a scavenger hunt with a halloween theme. Heres a quote from a site I'm linking here.

"During a sleepover, the wee hours of the morning can be a dead time in your party atmosphere. Have a friend dress up as a chain saw killer and crank up the chain saw right outside your front door."

I wouldn't suggest that unless you have REAALLLLY cool neighbors, but I thought it was funny and wanted to pass it along. BTW Karried, I have a fog machine, hopefully it wont be too windy on Halloween...that kinda kills the effect. Heres the link. Good luck Eddie. Halloween Sleepover Ideas? - Yahoo! Answers (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081017163639AACoMGi)

PS. I just saw your Hitchcock link BDP...Wouldnt that be cool if it was a free show at the myriad gardens. Imagine a giant screen on the side of the Tube and the symphiny members off to one side. And the gardens all decorated. Maybe next year.

traxx
10-28-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm going as Dr. Manhatten from Watchmen. I'm going to paint myself blue and walk around naked.

Just kidding, just kidding. Don't call the cops on me.:dizzy:

OKCisOK4me
10-29-2008, 04:50 PM
I have to work till 8 but I've already set the DVR to record Ghost Hunter's Live Special from 6PM to 1AM. I'll watch what I can live then go back and watch the first two hours that I missed.

bornhere
10-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Do they still do Haunt the Zoo?

kevinpate
10-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Yes, you can still Haunt the Zoo:

Recent Press Releases - Oklahoma City Zoo (http://www.okczoo.com/media/recent-press-releases/;blog/68/okc-zoo-s-25th-annual-haunt-the-zoo-for-halloween-provides-trick-or-treat-fun-for-all)

bandnerd
10-29-2008, 08:42 PM
They can come to the Haunted Harding night--$2 for kids, $5 for adults, they can dress up and it includes snacks and a showing of Monster House in the very creepy auditorium. 6pm, North 33rd and Shartel. All proceeds go directly to the band and orchestra programs :)

kevinpate
10-29-2008, 09:20 PM
go to a school on all hallows eve? Now, that's some scary scary stuff :)

LandryTeam
10-30-2008, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the ideas guys!!!

Eddie

Jesseda
10-30-2008, 10:54 AM
thre is ultimate terror 3 haunted houses in one big building, plus they have paintball.. i went last week, even though it wasnt as scary as i thought it was going to be, it was a fun evening with family and friends.. its off of i-240 and penn, in the old burlington building

Luke
10-30-2008, 01:53 PM
I've never been to Haunt the Zoo... that sounds like fun.

Lord Helmet
10-30-2008, 03:10 PM
I've never been to Haunt the Zoo... that sounds like fun.

We went one year. Ridiculously crowded, and some of the people dress up scary enough to scare young kids if you have them. My (at the time) 3 year old was freaked out.

Turanacus
10-31-2008, 12:59 PM
go to Khangs

oneforone
10-31-2008, 01:26 PM
If your a Democrat you goes as Obama then ride a Bicycle through Gaillardia and Scream.

"I'll get you my prettie and your little stock portfolio's too.... HA HA HA!"

If your a Democrat you could dress as McCain and have your girlfriend dress as Sarah Palin then drive an SUV or large pickup through Crown Heights and Scream.

"won llird won llird won llird.!!!!"