1. Lil Wayne
2. Ludacris
3. Juelz Santana
4. Young Jeezy
5. T.I.

DISCUSS

metro
10-28-2008, 11:34 AM
What's their combined post high-school education?

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
10-28-2008, 05:37 PM
doesnt matter

Whats their combined net worth

Now whats your net worth x5

drumsncode
10-28-2008, 06:01 PM
doesnt matter

Whats their combined net worth

Now whats your net worth x5

Good point! They're rich and they get lots of women. I just doesn't get any better than that, and the biggest bonus is, they don't have to have any vocal talent! Just crank up AutoTune and rap away.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
10-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Good point! They're rich and they get lots of women. I just doesn't get any better than that, and the biggest bonus is, they don't have to have any vocal talent! Just crank up AutoTune and rap away.

tHEY MAY NOT HAVE TO HAVE VOCAL TALENT BUT U DEFINANTLY NEED LYRICAL TALENT

Jon27
10-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Here's my question, why are they all digitizing their voices now? So.....someone else writes the song, the voice is digitized, and the music is from a keyboard. Talent? If this is talent, I could do this. If you notice, when you see any of these people on TV live, they suck!

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
10-28-2008, 07:07 PM
T-pain is the fake voicer

wayne does it on sex songs
but other than that no real rtapper do that fake stuff

drumsncode
10-29-2008, 08:21 AM
On the radio lately, I hear TONS of AutoTune, which is the product they are using to give their voice that metallic, robotish sound. A lot of rappers are using it, lots of female pop stars too, and I'm even hearing it on radio promos done by local stations. It's all the rage.

I don't consider it fake, it's just an effect on your voice like reverb or anything else. It's very popular right now.

The real purpose of the software product was to pitch-correct your vocals, but of course, you have to adjust it to suit your voice and the song tempo. If you crank the dial to "0", that's what gives you that android effect as it yanks the pitch up or down with no delay for nuance.

It's a fantastic product, and I recommend it for any person out there making recordings.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-29-2008, 08:27 AM

Purple.

Martin
10-29-2008, 11:33 AM
i'm just gonna leave this here. -M

PJnCZOw3igY

Insider
10-29-2008, 11:43 AM
That was awesome! It sounds about right. I love the fact that they have translated it from the broken wannabe English to properly spoken English so most people in America can actually understand what they have said.

I would like to point out that I actually do enjoy some rap. Although I really usually listen to the beat and not the words.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
10-29-2008, 09:00 PM
On the radio lately, I hear TONS of AutoTune, which is the product they are using to give their voice that metallic, robotish sound. A lot of rappers are using it, lots of female pop stars too, and I'm even hearing it on radio promos done by local stations. It's all the rage.

I don't consider it fake, it's just an effect on your voice like reverb or anything else. It's very popular right now.

The real purpose of the software product was to pitch-correct your vocals, but of course, you have to adjust it to suit your voice and the song tempo. If you crank the dial to "0", that's what gives you that android effect as it yanks the pitch up or down with no delay for nuance.

It's a fantastic product, and I recommend it for any person out there making recordings.

wait wait wait

When did we start talking about the garbage that comes on the radio?

Jon27
10-29-2008, 09:12 PM
wait wait wait

When did we start talking about the garbage that comes on the radio?

I hate to burst your bubble. Eventhough some of it is fun to listen to, most IS garbage! The lyrics of this music is pathetic! I was at Wal-Mart the other night. A family with 4 young african-american boys were jumping all over their Mom's Tahoe to a CD that has such lyrics as "nigga *****" that they were just eating up. It was blaring and they were just singing to it without a care. It seemed to be a very well taken care of family. I doubt that Mom even was concerned with these lyrics, which is a tragedy. One of the boys couldn't have been more than 8. The problem is this kind of music and values is pushed on this type of market, and is affecting our youth. What kills me is that when I read the daily news, there is a new story about a new felony a rapper committed.

kevinpate
10-29-2008, 09:18 PM
mmm ... too funny

chekkie
11-07-2008, 12:31 PM
one word: Blackalicious. great hip-hop actually CAN have soul and positivity...

trousers
11-08-2008, 08:36 AM

Couldn't you ask this question about most popular musicians?

Easy180
11-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Couldn't you ask this question about most popular musicians?

Hey....Leave Britney Spears out of this :rock_guit

trousers
11-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Britney is too easy of a target. What I am wondering is are people posting on this board listening to music made by a bunch of PhD's or something. If so what? I mean the Eagles are really known for their post-grad work and all.
Myself I've been listening to the Roots lately.

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
11-08-2008, 11:17 AM
I hate to burst your bubble. Eventhough some of it is fun to listen to, most IS garbage! The lyrics of this music is pathetic! I was at Wal-Mart the other night. A family with 4 young african-american boys were jumping all over their Mom's Tahoe to a CD that has such lyrics as "nigga *****" that they were just eating up. It was blaring and they were just singing to it without a care. It seemed to be a very well taken care of family. I doubt that Mom even was concerned with these lyrics, which is a tragedy. One of the boys couldn't have been more than 8. The problem is this kind of music and values is pushed on this type of market, and is affecting our youth. What kills me is that when I read the daily news, there is a new story about a new felony a rapper committed.

Racist

fourthworldtraffic
11-08-2008, 02:40 PM
this is bull....check Rakim Allah.... any verse the brother ever put a pen to..also Public Enemy,Paris, Mobb DEEP ,old Wu, Method Man's Tical,Slick Rick,RUn Dmc...

cedbled
11-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Lil Wayne, ignore these others, and here's my list:

My top 5:
1. Scarface
2. DJ Quik
3. The old C-Bo (not this new crap)
4. Ice Cube
5. Nas

Sidenote: let me drop some perspective on this...

To the person that immediately started in with remarks about their education, I must ask, why did you bother posting?

Your intention was to shame this dude out of posting something that is too "Ghetto" and "unworthy" for your tastes in the future.

Oh yeah, and i'm just as upwardly mobile as anyone else here, and want to see my city shine, and become what it can be, but what people that have never lived in a large metro area don't realize, is how inclusive\ non-judgemental these areas are.

That's part of the civic pride these larger cities have.

Dude, it' a shame to see folks bagging on "Lil Wayne" (even though I COMPLETELY disagree that Lil Wayne's a-- should even be on the mic haha), just because he chose to start a thread, that's not in the same vein as "what's so wrong with the ghetto kids who bother my mall experience".

I shoulda said something before, but hey there u go.

Oh yeah: Here's a clue: If u can't understand their lyrics, it's not up to them to change....It's their song, and everybody is not performing for the same audience.
Sheesh, with the unwarranted sense of entitlement already.

Jon27
11-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Racist

Curious how that makes me a racist? Explain yourself....

ddavidson8
11-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Vanilla Ice!

Ice Ice Baby to go, to go

ddavidson8
11-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Drivin down the road in m 5.0
Got the ragtop down so my fro can blow!

ouguy23
11-08-2008, 06:52 PM
1. Kanye West
2. Common
3. Lupe Fiasco
4.Jay Z
5. Nas

BradR
11-09-2008, 07:43 PM
none of the rap out now is nearly as good as the stuff i listened to in the 90s

i'll stick with my bowling for soup now

animeGhost
11-10-2008, 09:59 PM
i agree with ouguy except i dont like the order
1. Jay-Z
2. Nas
3. Common
4. Lupe Fiasco
5. Kanye West

and to all the hip hop haters, you should stop listening to the **** thats on the radio and listen to the true lyricist

YouTube - Saigon - "Pain in My Life" feat. Trey Songz (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCPgTqunOHg)

LIL_WAYNE_4_PREZIDENT08
11-13-2008, 09:23 PM
i agree with ouguy except i dont like the order
1. Jay-Z
2. Nas
3. Common
4. Lupe Fiasco
5. Kanye West

and to all the hip hop haters, you should stop listening to the **** thats on the radio and listen to the true lyricist

YouTube - Saigon - "Pain in My Life" feat. Trey Songz (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCPgTqunOHg)

Jay-z at number 1?

He doesnt do nearly enough anymore to deserve that spot

animeGhost
11-13-2008, 11:20 PM
i go by the full scope of his career and besides that american gangster was one of the best albums last year

bishop186
11-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Honestly, I haven't listened to rap since Jay-Z put out "99 Problems" - I can't stand the stuff on the radio - I'm a gangsta rap kinda guy.

okcsince1987
11-26-2008, 07:43 PM
I agree. I'm old school and I'm only 21. My top 5 would have to be

1. SPM (South Park Mexican)
2. 2 Pac
3. DSR (Down South Ridaz)
4. Bohagan
5. Lil Flip
and i gotta add 5 more cuz theres too many to list

6. Brotha Lynch
7. Pastor Troy
8. Webbie
9. Bone Thugz
10. Master P

okcsince1987
11-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Just my favorites though. I don't listen to the radio or nearly any new stuff because I dislike most of it so I can't even give you a top 5 for in the game right now.

BradR
11-27-2008, 06:30 AM
i used to rock Master P back in college when he first got popular, good stuff but nothing tops Doggystyle

metro
12-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Lecrae

animeGhost
12-05-2008, 10:28 AM
@metro... there are educated hip hop artist out there. Lil wayne is attending the university of houston majoring in political science. Ludacris graduated from georgia state university. Kanye West attended the american art academy and chicago state university before pursuing a career in music.

NativeOkie
12-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Top 5 wrappers...
Hmmm?
Those guys at the mall every Christmas are pretty quick.
My mom wrapped a mean birthday present, tons of tape took forever to open.
Certain candy wrappers are great, I mean you can spot a snickers or butterfinger from the wrapper alone.
so there is four,