View Full Version : Golf Lessons?

reavolution
10-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should look to take golf lessons? My new career path suggests I ought to know how to play, and I have a feeling those lessons in 8th grade won't do me much good now at 25.

I'm looking for something within OKC - or close enough to the city that I won't get lost (too new to the area). Price is not that big of a deal, but I don't quite feel like gouging my pocket book for the lessons.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!!

soonergolfer
10-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Try Ball Golf. He is really good.

Bostonfan
10-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Sounds like you're a beginner, so I would start by going to a city public course. Their pro and assistants give lessons for around 40$. They can give tips and drills to do that will help. After you get the hang of it, you can get more in depth lessons if you'd like. I suggest Lake Hefner or Earlywine or Lincoln for now though. This might sound funny, but watch the golf channel. You'd be suprised at what you can learn. Also, their website has some video lessons.

I wouldn't spend a whole lot of money right now though because it should be all about basics right now. You can find plenty of "free" info/lessons online or on tv, but having somone who knows what they are talking about watch your swing defiantly helps.

reavolution
10-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I think I am more in the market for beginner-type lessons. Although, I do think the first suggestion is one I would consider once I get a little acclimated to the sport. Thank you for the suggestions! I think we will check out Lake Hefner since it is a point we know and have visited in the city. :)