View Full Version : Los Vaquero's in Mustang

Jon27
10-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Has anyone on here been to Los Vaquero's in Mustang? It's on HWY 152 in the old Burger King/Whataburger/some pool place building. I really like that place. We went there for the second time tonight. 2 entrees/drinks + chips/queso/salsa/tortillas/sopapillas 16.98 /w tax. The service is amazing. It's almost like a hole in the wall type restaurant. It's really good!

Martin
10-19-2008, 07:56 PM
haven't been to that location in a long time and was actually wondering if it was still open... glad to hear it is.

i was a fan of los vaqueros... we used to regular their location on sw 89th & western where big ed's used to be and where chelino's is currently. imo, the quality at that location went down significantly once they moved down the street to the former rex chicken location... after a few less than stellar experiences, we decided to stop going.

-M

Jon27
10-19-2008, 08:16 PM
haven't been to that location in a long time and was actually wondering if it was still open... glad to hear it is.

i was a fan of los vaqueros... we used to regular their location on sw 89th & western where big ed's used to be and where chelino's is currently. imo, the quality at that location went down significantly once they moved down the street to the former rex chicken location... after a few less than stellar experiences, we decided to stop going.

-M

I would highly recommend the trip to Mustang!

dalelakin
10-19-2008, 08:28 PM
I agree it is good food there but the service is AMAZING. Have been there 4 or 5 times and each time the service is impeccable. Only thing I suggest is if you get fajitas ask for the onions to be well done unless you like crisp onions on your fajitas.

justjeff
10-19-2008, 10:52 PM
We used to go there a lot, but when the whole kidnapping thing happened with their employee, my wife says no.

wallyboy75
10-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Great food been there a lot. The best mexican food in mustang.

stick47
10-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Well, I ate there when that place was a Burger King, then a What-A-Burger then they sold swimming pools in there next and I've eaten at the Los Vaqueros on SW 89th St and had no complaints but as to this one, we won't be going back.
Besides the sex-offender/illegal they had working there, the last time we went, my Wife ordered Fajitas and the smoke off the platter filled the entire restaurant. There was no ventilation to pull out the smoke and when we got home my wife had to wash her hair again and all hers and my clothes including our jackets had to go into the washer.
This shouldn't have happened at all and the wait staff seemed oblivious to the whole thing. If that's any indication of the care they use in the food preparation I'll go elsewhere.

nancy
10-22-2008, 10:01 PM
my Wife ordered Fajitas and the smoke off the platter filled the entire restaurant. There was no ventilation to pull out the smoke and when we got home my wife had to wash her hair again and all hers and my clothes including our jackets had to go into the washer.
This shouldn't have happened at all and the wait staff seemed oblivious to the whole thing. If that's any indication of the care they use in the food preparation I'll go elsewhere.

I love eating there as they have good food. But the one thing I noticed and also my adult son and his wife, when you leave the place there is a certain stick on your clothes. It's not the smell of food but just a nasty strong oder. When we go eat there we always make sure we are going home afterwards and not shop as we stick to bad from that smell.

sammiam832
12-03-2008, 09:27 PM
We used to go there a lot, but when the whole kidnapping thing happened with their employee, my wife says no.

Whoa. When did that happen? I eat there all the time and absolutely love it.

danielf1935
01-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Wrong place, the kidnapping was at a Restaurant in Yukon, not Mustang.

fire121
01-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Nope, A busboy was arrested at the Mustang Los Vaqueros for attempted kidnapping, probably a little over a year ago.

furyswrath
01-16-2009, 07:35 PM
I like funta's Grande better. Guess just personal opinion.

jarrington00
01-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Fuentes Grand has one of the best margaritas I've ever had. Food's OK but the Margaritas are the best.

dalelakin
01-25-2009, 09:08 AM
Is that in Mustang? If so where?

sgt. pepper
01-26-2009, 09:13 AM
just west of chicken express on the same side of the road. it is back in the shopping strip going into the housing addition.

rickself
01-30-2009, 12:30 PM
My wife and I think it's the best Mexican food in Mustang, also. The service is incredibly fast, even at the busiest times. But we'll have to give Fuentes Grand a try.

Hillcrest Me-Hod
04-22-2009, 09:45 PM
just west of chicken express on the same side of the road. it is back in the shopping strip going into the housing addition.

Los Vaquero's first opened in the same building, then moved down to the old burger joint on SH 152. Wife and I agree the quality of food is not what it use to be. Seems no matter when you go in there the queso is so thin it has no taste. In addition, I never seem to get one of the three guys who can speak broken English.

Luke
04-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Just wanted to say I ate at the Los Vaqueros in MWC yesterday.

The beef soft tacos with sauteed onions, bell peppers, cilantro and lime were awesome! I can't remember what the official menu title was called, but it tasted fresh and authentic. Loved it!

Jesseda
04-27-2009, 02:05 PM
i like the los vaqueros in moore and okc, very friendly wait staff and good food

Luke
04-27-2009, 02:06 PM
...And none of us were kidnapped!

lisa.lester
12-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Very good. I enjoy eating there myself