View Full Version : where to drop off books for military personnel

markar
10-19-2008, 08:06 AM
I'm sure this isn't the right place for this post but bear with me, I was wanting eyes and I don't have much time. :)

We moved out of state from Yukon some time ago but rent our house out. I'm in OKC for 2 weeks working on a project and went to visit the family living in our house (ex coworker). I had left several boxes with about 150 paperback books and maybe 25 hard cover books there that I thought we had given to the library in Yukon but I guess they were forgotten as they ended up back in the attic.

So, is there a place to drop those off so they could be given to our military men and women who are deployed overseas? Part of a care package or something? I would like to just drop the boxes off somewhere but would prefer they get sent to our troops.

CaptDave
10-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Check local fire stations. One of the OKC FD stations on Penn has a sign out front about donating items to troops.

Thanks for your gift.

markar
10-19-2008, 07:31 PM
A nice gentleman retired from Tinker who helps put packages together for our troops contacted me so we loaded up the books and took him and his wife out to lunch and made the transfer. Hopefully the books will bring some enjoyment to those doing a tough job.

Karried
10-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Very cool, that was a nice gesture!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-22-2008, 02:30 AM
A nice gentleman retired from Tinker who helps put packages together for our troops contacted me so we loaded up the books and took him and his wife out to lunch and made the transfer. Hopefully the books will bring some enjoyment to those doing a tough job.

Does he need anything besides books?