View Full Version : Heating & Air service

metro
10-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Well I cranked on the old Central Heat last night since temps got pretty cool. Working fine, but I've never got it tuned up since we bought the place several years ago. I'd like to get a winter tune-up maintenance but looking for recommendations. I'm running an all electric heat/air unit up in my ceiling.

Any recommendations? How much should it cost, etc?

zuluwarrior0760
10-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Don't know what a tune up would cost, but I can tell you that
all of my heat and air experiences have led me to the conclusion
that you do indeed get what you pay for.

Drabek and Hill seems to have the best service and quality

My worst experience was with Gregory's Heat and Air.

Luke
10-17-2008, 08:46 AM
I did Interstate Heating and AC a few months ago. Some of you may remember that thread. They did really good. I recommend them.

They are at the top of Angie's List, by the way.

metro
10-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Thanks Luke, I've been meaning to check Angieslist and I forgot. What exactly do they do for a tuneup, etc?

Luke
10-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Well, my AC just needed to be fixed. And they did it at a reasonable price.

So, as far as a tune up, I dunno about that.

I'm recommending the reputation, I guess. :)

metro
10-21-2008, 08:59 AM
anybody else have recommendations?

Centerback
10-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Air Comfort Solutions is who we have used, they are usually very good. Tune up is $69.95, they run ads in the paper all the time.

metro
10-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Do you know what they did for the "tune up?"

Centerback
10-21-2008, 10:47 AM
In the fall they change the filter, look for gas leaks, light the pilot, do a carbon monoxide test and clean the furnace area. We bought two new Carrier heat & air conditioning systems from them this summer so our new furnace has an electronic pilot. We've been very pleased.

metro
10-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks Centerback. I have an all electric system so the pilot/gas leaks won't apply to me. I just changed the filter last week. I'll probably need to call them and see what all they do for a tune up on electric system.

SoonerQueen
10-22-2008, 03:34 AM
Tony's Heating and Air is the best around the city area. We have used him for years. I would recommend him to anyone.

metro
10-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Thanks SoonerQueen. I will call each of these companies and get a feel for them. I'm sure Angieslist ratings will weigh heavily on my decision though.

EvokeCoffee
10-23-2008, 06:59 AM
So, you may have already gotten it figured out but we just used Gerald's One Hour Heat and Air - (405) 392-5012. They were great and got here when they said they would and took care of getting things back up and running before the "cold" set in!

They are worth a shot if you have not found someone else you like yet.

SoonerBV
10-27-2008, 01:39 PM
We have always used Bear Heat and Air, out of Purcell. They have always been speedy and fair. We had a part go out today and the owner was at our house within a couple of hours, and quickly found the part, called it in and even determined it was under warranty.

The first time we used them we had to put in a new AC unit. He was completely backed up, but seeing as my wife was 8 mos pregnant at the time, he and his guys worked well into the evening and came back at 7am the next day.