View Full Version : Pet Sitter

sgordon77
10-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Does anyone have any experience with in home pet sitters in the OKC area (Yukon to be specific)? Christmas is coming up and my fiance and I fly back to the east coast. Last year we used Carey Pet and Home Care. They did a fine job, but $23 a visit for 8-9 days really adds up fast. In New Jersey, similar services charged $12-$15 a visit. $23 could be the going rate in Oklahoma, but I just wanted to check.

BTW, we have 3 dogs and 2 cats so $69/day is still cheaper than boarding, and one of the dogs was abused as a puppy, and she doesn't handle the vet or petsmart well, so I don't really want to board her if I can avoid it.

Thanks!

FritterGirl
10-14-2008, 09:20 PM
You might check with your local vet, or if you go to church, find someone there (an older teenager and / or college student) who might be able to house/pet sit for you.

I had a second career as a pet sitter while in college, often staying at people's homes for several days while they were away.

We just lost our regular pet-sitter, but her sister is taking up the reins so we hope she'll work out for us. She's $30 a day, but that's for an overnight stay, which we feel much more secure about. And with 3 dogs and 2 cats, that's a pretty good bargain for us.