View Full Version : Thunder Open Practice Oct. 20th @ 6pm

metro
10-14-2008, 02:56 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere else on the site, but noticed it in the City Sentinel and then in the Oklahoman.

http://newsok.com/thunder-to-hold-open-practice-october-20-at-the-ford-center/article/3309290

Thunder to hold open practice October 20 at the Ford Center
By Darnell Mayberry
October 9, 2008

The Thunder has announced details for an open practice for fans on Oct. 20 inside the Ford Center.

Free tickets will be given to all fans and will be distributed at the doors of the Ford Center, which will open at 5:30 p.m. on Oct. 20. Members of the dance team (which is taking as long as the actual team to settle on a name) will make an appearance and other activities will be available on the court, throughout the concourse and out in the plaza.

Seating is general admission, but special arrangements can me made for groups who are interested in attending. For more info on group seating e-mail the team at RSVP@thunder-nba.com

Laramie
10-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the info on the practice time (5:30 p.m.).

Will they be serving Sherman Alexis' infamous "Cumcumber Sandwiches?"

Oh, well, I guess not.

It's going to be interesting to see how many fans show.

metro
10-17-2008, 07:39 AM
My wife and I will be there. I bet they have a pretty decent turnout for a practice.

Laramie
10-21-2008, 06:23 PM
My wife and I will be there. I bet they have a pretty decent turnout for a practice.

Three thounsand (3,000) was the approximate attendance figure.

I really enjoyed the open practice session yesterday. Now, I have a better appreciation of the team's practice.

betts
10-23-2008, 06:09 AM
It was a great experience. It was nice meeting the players, I really enjoyed seeing how they run a practice, and it was fun to watch the scrimmage.