View Full Version : Our first win! In Tulsa

jbrown84
10-13-2008, 09:28 PM
And Toby Rowland says the crowd was "more than 10,000"...

hmm

Luke
10-13-2008, 09:31 PM
I've watched every Thunder ever. :) It's nice seeing a win.

Can't wait for the game tomorrow. I'll be there!

SWOKC 4 me
10-13-2008, 09:49 PM
I didn't get a chance to see the game tonight, Anyone know how the crowd responded tonight? Just curious how/if the folks up the turnpike supported the team....

betts
10-13-2008, 10:05 PM
The crowd seemed pretty quiet until the last few minutes. Then they really got into it. I think the people who bothered to go ended up feeling like they got their money's worth. Hopefully this will help cement some enthusiasm for the team in Tulsa.

Luke
10-14-2008, 06:21 AM
Yeah, the crowd was definitely supportive of the Thunder and as betts said, the last few minutes especially.

I hope tonight's crowd at the Ford is a fun one. I like screaming and hollering, but I don't like being the only one.

bombermwc
10-14-2008, 08:39 AM
I thought it was pretty pathetic that they didn't pack the place. First NBA anything in Tulsa as far as I know....and a new arena....empty seats?!?!?!!

OKCMallen
10-14-2008, 08:44 AM
I thought it was pretty pathetic that they didn't pack the place. First NBA anything in Tulsa as far as I know....and a new arena....empty seats?!?!?!!

Worknight + bad economic times + preseason game + not "their" team = who cares.

bretthexum
10-14-2008, 08:48 AM

I was wondering about that. How were the prices on the tickets?

Luke
10-14-2008, 08:53 AM
To be fair, Tulsa's crowd seemed the fullest of all the preseason Thunder games.

Good job, Tulsa!

BFizzy
10-14-2008, 11:37 AM

Tulsa has had NBA pre-season games before.

Laramie
10-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Why not consider playing up to 6 regular season games in Tulsa and 35 games in Oklahoma City?

As long as we're selling out the Ford Center we don't have to worry about the threat that Tulsa will want move than 6 regular season games.

The BOK Center is beautiful and the team belongs to Oklahoma City and is branded as such. Why not make this a state supported team?

CCOKC
10-14-2008, 11:40 AM
This was actually a good crowd by preseason standards. Cut them a little slack. I was listening to the pregame show on the radio and the announcers were very impressed with the crowd, the were early, enthusiatic and knowledgable.
On a separate note, Kevin Durant it just a stud. Can't wait to see him play tonight.

metro
10-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Heck no, OKC paid for the Ford Center, OKC paid/is paying for the upgrades, OKC business community is paying for sponsorships, etc. OKC investors bought the team. Why should Tulsa get the games for an OKC owned and taxed team?

jbrown84
10-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Why not consider playing up to 6 regular season games in Tulsa and 35 games in Oklahoma City?

They can't. It's in the Ford Center lease contract that all regular-season home games are to be played there. Plus I don't think the NBA likes to split it up like that.

Mr. T in OKC
10-14-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm so tired of people saying that Tulsa should get some regular season games. Isn't that unfair to the OKC taxpayers? OKC businesses? Plus, we want a big league city, right? How many other NBA cities share games? ummmm 0?

bombermwc
10-15-2008, 08:06 AM
Yeah, tough crap for Tulsa. They want a team, then they get to do some of the work. We're not going to pay while they get the benefits. Kiss my fanny on that one.

Laramie
10-24-2008, 10:50 AM

Good observation!