View Full Version : Robinson Exit Closed

CCOKC
10-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Just a heads up to everybody heading to the work or the Thunder game tomorrow. Drove by this evening on I-40 and there is a big sign that the Robinson Exit is closed. It was not yet blocked off but I got an e-mail from the What's Up Downtown people that states that is will be closed starting tomorrow. I know this was discussed in another thread but just wanted to warn everyone that was going to use this exit tomorrow.

betts
10-13-2008, 09:24 PM
So, is this the closure for rerouting of the exit?

jbrown84
10-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Yes.

Chynna802
10-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Traffic Update via Traffax

The projects below are all weather permitting:

I-40 narrows at Morgan Rd. tonight
The right two lanes of westbound I-40 will be closed between Morgan Rd. and SH-92 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
tonight for inspection of a completed resurfacing project.

I-40 off-ramp to Robinson Ave. closes Wednesday
The westbound I-40 off-ramp to Robinson Ave. will be closed at 7 p.m. Wednesday and remain closed until
spring 2009 for ramp reconstruction. Motorists are encouraged to use the I-235/Sheridan Ave. exit or the
Classen Blvd. exit. Signs indicating the ramp’s closure were prematurely posted; however, the ramp will not
close until 7 p.m. Wednesday. The ramp reconstruction is a project of Oklahoma City. For more information,
contact Kristy Yager, at 297-2550.

Coffee Creek Rd. closed through mid-November
As part of the ongoing SH-74 project, Coffee Creek Rd. is closed between SH-74 and May Ave. through mid-
November. Sorghum Mill Rd. remains closed between Meridian Ave. and SH-74 through January. The
suggested detour is Waterloo Rd. (N. 248th St.). Flaggers are in place.

Ongoing Construction Projects:

I-40 narrows at Choctaw Ave. in El Reno through November
East and westbound I-40 will be down to one lane in both directions at Choctaw Ave. through November for
bridge work.

I-240 narrows through November
Expect various lane closures on eastbound I-240 at Douglas Blvd. through November for bridge work.

I-40 narrowed at Council Rd. through November
Expect various lane closures on east and westbound I-40 at Council Rd. nightly from 10:30 p.m. to 7 a.m.
through November for bridge work.

I-40 Crosstown construction continues through 2009
As part of the construction, the following city streets continue to be affected:
The right lane of westbound I-40 will remain closed through March 2009 for ongoing Crosstown construction.
Shields Blvd. is closed between S.W. 29th St. and S.W. 6th St. until early 2009 for bridge work. Detour signs are in
place along Robinson Ave.
Agnew is narrowed to one lane in both directions between the Oklahoma River and I-40 through February 2009
May Ave. is narrowed to one lane in both directions under I-40 through March 2009
Pennsylvania Ave. is closed between Reno Ave. & Exchange Blvd. until late 2009 for bridge work
SW 7th St. is closed between Broadway and Santa Fe until further notice

Covell Rd. and Boulevard St. in Edmond closed through 2009
East and westbound Covell Rd. is closed between Broadway Ave. and Thomas Dr., and north and southbound
Boulevard St. is closed between Covell Rd. and Coffee Creek Rd. until late 2009 for surface work and railroad
overpass construction.

Broadway Ext. at Memorial Rd. construction continues through Fall 2009
As part of the ongoing interchange reconstruction, the following are affected:
Kelley Ave. is closed between 33rd St. and Memorial Rd. through early Spring 2009. Message boards are in place
North and southbound Broadway Ext. is narrowed to two lanes each direction between 122nd and Memorial Rd.
Memorial Rd. is narrowed to one lane in each direction at the Broadway Ext. interchange
The northbound Broadway Ext. off-ramp to westbound Memorial Rd. is closed
The northbound Broadway Ext. on-ramp from Memorial Rd. is closed

OKCisOK4me
10-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Per ODOT:

"The westbound I-40 off-ramp to Robinson Ave. will be closed at 7 p.m. Wednesday and remain closed until
spring 2009 for ramp reconstruction. Motorists are encouraged to use the I-235/Sheridan Ave. exit or the
Classen Blvd. exit. Signs indicating the ramp’s closure were prematurely posted; however, the ramp will not
close until 7 p.m. Wednesday. The ramp reconstruction is a project of Oklahoma City. For more information,
contact Kristy Yager, at 297-2550."

http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/newsmedia/traffax/okc/tue_oct_14.pdf

metro
10-14-2008, 02:58 PM
To those who want Tulsa to have 6 games a year, maybe they should help pay for this new exit since we're rerouting it to expand the Ford Center for NBA games.

OKCisOK4me
10-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Not even one game a year is gonna happen in Tulsa. They should just forget that little idea. Think about all the other NBA teams that are the only teams in their state. They don't play games in other state cities. It's ludicrous!

BG918
10-14-2008, 04:25 PM
This ramp will of course only be "temporary." It will come down with the rest of the Crosstown Expy. once the new I-40 is finished. A beautiful blvd. will be built in its place. The ramp has to be moved NOW because of the Ford Center expansion, which is being done to open up to the blvd. (eventually).

sroberts24
10-14-2008, 04:50 PM
once its all done it will be absolutely gorgeous!

Lauri101
10-14-2008, 04:59 PM
(gripe mode on) Arggh - I'm getting too hold to accept change gracfully - I wonder how many times I'll forget to take the 235 exit and drive on to Classen before I change my 20-year routine? :dizzy:

Oh, well, it'll probably be safer in winter than sliding down that ramp!

metro
10-15-2008, 07:47 AM
Yeah, can't wait until the uber-ugly I-40 Western/Classen exit and then down Reno to downtown re-route will greet visitors. You'd think the O-City would put some money into beautifying the area a little because of the re-route. Nothing like the TONS of panhandlers that loiter around that area (McDonalds, Valero, TacoBell, and shelters) to greet the NBA and visitors to our city.

jbrown84
10-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Well if nothing else, they should crack down on the panhandlers.

As far as I'm concerned though, I'm going to direct people to the Sheridan exit just north of I-40 on 235. Much better gateway to Downtown and less confusing I think.