View Full Version : Hard Rock Cafe OKC?

ssandedoc
10-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Something Pretty Cool is Coming to Bricktown (http://blog.newsok.com/okccentral/2008/10/08/something-pretty-cool-is-coming-to-bricktown/)

I don't know how else you could read Steve's tease. I'm praying this is what is happening!!!

soonerguru
10-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Gosh, I hate to be a wet blanket, but Hard Rock Cafe is a dead concept, for all practical purposes. Now, if it's a House of Blues, maybe.........

oustud7
10-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Ugh... hard rock cafe's gross me out. They're about as interesting as planet hollywood. The hard rock here in Dallas did such poor business that they bulldozed it months ago.

Luke
10-08-2008, 09:48 PM
With this comment...

“Now raise your goblet of rock. It’s a toast to those who rock!”

...Hard Rock Cafe would be an obvious pick. Doesn't seem as cool as it used to. But, it would still be a great addition to Bricktown, IMO.

Decious
10-08-2008, 10:05 PM
I've been to the HRC in NOLA, LA and Philly. I attend the Universal City cafe regularly and it's usually packed. Personally, I'll be excited to have a venue such as Hard Rock locate here. I'm not the "Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill" type of guy. This spot would no doubt be my pit stop before/after Thunder games.

jbrown84
10-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Even if Hard Rock Cafe has already peaked, it's still very popular and would signal a major breakthrough for OKC as a tourist/convention destination.

Tex
10-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Nope, it's not Hard Rock.

Oklahoma is getting its own school of rock. The University of Central Oklahoma will open the first authorized U.S. version of Britain’s prestigious Academy of Contemporary Music on the fourth floor of Bricktown’s Oklahoma Hardware Building in the fall of 2009.

Story continued...click on link below
| NewsOK.com (http://newsok.com/school-of-rock/article/3309107/?custom_click=lead_story_title)

kmf563
10-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Oh I love Hard Rock. Just to add an OKC t-shirt to my collection would be cool. I started collecting in highschool and will eventually make a quilt out of all of them when I get older.

But - I'd much rather have this school! I heart Scott Booker.