View Full Version : Coyote Ugly Bricktown

circuitboard
10-08-2008, 05:59 PM
News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | Coyote Ugly headed for Bricktown (http://www.news9.com/global/story.asp?s=9145460)

Pretty impressive, looks like at least well have something somewhat exclusive.

Coyote Ugly Saloon - Locations (http://www.coyoteuglysaloon.com/map.html)

zrfdude
10-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Nice....I doubt I will ever be there, but good to have nonetheless. If only there was a male version....

circuitboard
10-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Yeah I hear ya :)

Doug Loudenback
10-08-2008, 11:22 PM
A fairly long thread in the Bricktown area covers this development: http://www.okctalk.com/bricktown-wired/14215-coyote-ugly-bricktown-bar-march-09-a.html

metro
10-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Nice....I doubt I will ever be there, but good to have nonetheless. If only there was a male version....

It is a male version, "girls dancing on bars". I don't know many straight men that want a male version with "males dancing on bars."

Midtowner
10-09-2008, 08:51 AM

It's going to be a long time before we see anything LGBT-oriented in Bricktown. The sort of Sally-Kern-esque furor which would come out of such a thing would set this state back decades in terms of our public image.

Jesseda
10-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Coyote Ugly :: WE DONT SERVE WATER HERE!!!!!!!!!!! i CAN NOT WAIT FOR IT TO OPEN I HOPE THEY HAVE THERE MERCHANDISE WITH THE OKC LOGO ON IT FOR SALE

circuitboard
10-09-2008, 09:38 AM
It is a male version, "girls dancing on bars". I don't know many dudes that want a male version with "males dancing on bars."

Metro you are obviously out of touch with reality. If a person with a screen name including the word "Dude" says he would like to see a male version, is obviously gay. Yeah gay people do exist in the city of Oklahoma City. It is amazing!

metro
10-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Metro you are obviously out of touch with reality. If a person with a screen name including the word "Dude" says he would like to see a male version, is obviously gay. Yeah gay people do exist in the city of Oklahoma City. It is amazing!

I'm out of touch with reality? You're the one who started this thread a week or two after it has been discussed and posted. I was being sarcastic by the way. Yes I do know we have a strong LGBT community here, they even have a district and their own parade. OKC is a diverse place.:congrats:

circuitboard
10-09-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm out of touch with reality? You're the one who started this thread a week or two after it has been discussed and posted. I was being sarcastic by the way. Yes I do know we have a strong LGBT community here, they even have a district and their own parade. OKC is a diverse place.:congrats:

Oh I am so sure. Sarcastic? Your sarcasm is weak, because I sure did not see it.

jbrown84
10-09-2008, 10:26 AM
It's going to be a long time before we see anything LGBT-oriented in Bricktown. The sort of Sally-Kern-esque furor which would come out of such a thing would set this state back decades in terms of our public image.

There was a gay nightclub in the Daquiri Zone building, I believe, and I don't recall hearing and such "furor".

Midtowner
10-09-2008, 11:21 AM
There was a gay nightclub in the Daquiri Zone building, I believe, and I don't recall hearing and such "furor".

I didn't know that.

Well then I guess I'm wrong. I'd [morally] support that sort of venue in Bricktown, and if the rest of the community doesn't care, then great.

jbrown84
10-09-2008, 11:24 AM
If no one's causing an uproar about Coyote Ugly or Hooters, I don't see how a gay bar would be any different.

Luke
10-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Didn't Windy City do a gay night? And wasn't that seen as one of the contributing factors of its shuttering? I could be wrong... but I think I remember some controversy surrounding that.

taylor83
10-09-2008, 12:04 PM
It was called Club Liquid and it was only open Thursday nights (I think) at Windy City. From what I remember hearing (this was about 5 years ago), the owners sold it to a former OU football player for a huge profit and then he opened Daiquiri Zone.

soonerj
10-10-2008, 01:42 PM
The gay club was Club Liquid and it operated in Windy City on Thursday nights for quite some time and eventually they expanded it to Saturday nights, too. It was 18 and up, which was pretty interesting. There aren't any LGBT clubs that operate in OKC for 18+ that serve alcohol. Only the Wreck Room exists for those under 21, and it is alcohol-free.

Taylor is correct. The owner did sell it (from what I heard at a nice profit) to the football players, who then turned it into another sports bar. We obviously see that didn't last long.

There was briefly a drag show at one of the clubs along the canal, but the show -- and the club, whose name I do not recall -- are long gone.

Honestly, as a gay person, I try to avoid Bricktown like the plague on the weekend. It really isn't my cup of tea. Of course, I am not a big fan of the "gayborhood" at NW 39/Penn either because it is frankly trashy. It's a shame the city wouldn't invest a bit there in landscaping like what is happening in the Asian District. I could see business owners taking more pride in their property if they city truly cared.

Sorry I got off topic. Don't shoot me, Metro :)