View Full Version : Pre-sale on NOW!

OKCMallen
10-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Password is THUNDER for the presale. Tickets are going extremely, extremely fast. Celtics were sold out in under 30 minutes from what I could tell. I picked up 4 to the home opener and 2 to the Hornets.

Luke
10-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Link?

OKCMallen
10-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Ticketmaster - Promotions (http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/xogigw)

Luke
10-06-2008, 10:16 AM
cool, thanks

jstanthrnme
10-06-2008, 10:25 AM
I don't think its appropriate that you offer the password for pre-sale tickets.

This was an opportunity for people who wanted season tickets, but couldn't get them to have a chance at single game tickets before the general public.

Luckily, I got the ones I wanted, but for those who are waiting for lunch hour, or after a busy day at work, I hope the oppurtunity will still exist.

OKCMallen
10-06-2008, 11:11 AM
I don't care what you think. You think everyone is not already passing it around? Come on. If anyone deserves a pre-sale, it's the people on this board, and it's not like you had to do anything special to get the password. All you had to do was sign up online like everyone and their dog did- you didn't have to even want season tickets. Get off your high-horse and enjoy Thunder sellouts. I sure hope the 15 people that look at this thread before 10am tomorrow don't buy every remaining ticket.

jstanthrnme
10-06-2008, 11:33 AM
they're certainly not passing it around here:
PRESALE begins Monday for Thunder tickets - Page 3 - OKC Thunder Fans Forums (http://www.okcnbafans.com/vforum/showthread.php?t=209&page=3)

JBuzz7373
10-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Hmmm. The password is on the website. I guess he probably doesn't think it is right that ticketmaster is giving out the password as well!

jstanthrnme
10-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Its only on that link that OKCMallen gave because it came from an email sent to those of us who wanted season tickets, but did not get them.

Go type in oklahoma city thunder at ticketmaster, and you won't find it.

Look, I got the tickets I wanted, but in the interest of fairness, I think the other fans who got the same email deserve the same oppurtunity I got ahead of those who didn't.

OKCMallen
10-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Well, the board is lucky I posted it at all. As of 30 seconds ago, I couldn't find 2 tickets for the season opener anywhere in the house.

But yay for that random private forum for making sure their members can't get tickets. ::roll eyes If I violated any forum policies here, then the mods can feel free to lock/delete the thread, of course.

jstanthrnme
10-06-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm not going to keep going with all of this right/wrong business. Its obviously pointless for both of us to keep it up. Agree to disagree?

But I do want to know what everyone thinks is the hotter ticket, the first game at the Ford Center versus the Clippers, or the season opener versus the Bucks?

Luke
10-06-2008, 12:18 PM
When I went to the first pre-season game with the Hornets, it wasn't that busy. Seems like pre-season games are kinda "meh". But, maybe our OWN team will be the difference. I'm gonna try to get tickets to the Clippers game, personally. Seems more historic.

metro
10-06-2008, 02:50 PM
I was able to get tickets to the pre-season game, but everything else was pretty much sold out. A few games had $275 a piece tickets left, but that's more than I'll spend any time soon. If anyone has 2 cheap tickets for the season opener against the Bucks they want to sell for a reasonable price, please PM me.

Turanacus
10-06-2008, 03:10 PM
I agree with jstanthrnm, OKCMallen shouldn't have posted the password.

that random private forum actually has some very valuable content. people contribute more there than just transferring articles from newsok to okctalk.

John
10-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Pre-sale passwords get passed around ALL the time.

Way to go, Mallen! Keep up the good work!

Turanacus
10-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Pre-sale passwords get passed around ALL the time.

Way to go, Mallen! Keep up the good work!

I actually agree with John, it wasn't confidential info, either way you go about it butts get in the seats, Nice Work OKCMallen!

OKCisOK4me
10-06-2008, 06:14 PM
I agree with jstanthrnm, OKCMallen shouldn't have posted the password.

that random private forum actually has some very valuable content. people contribute more there than just transferring articles from newsok to okctalk.

I actually agree with John, it wasn't confidential info, either way you go about it butts get in the seats, Nice Work OKCMallen!

Are you having a Jedi Mind Tricks battle with yourself?!?

CuatrodeMayo
10-06-2008, 07:16 PM
lol!

He was for the password thread before he was against it.

Luke
10-06-2008, 07:21 PM
lol

John
10-07-2008, 02:01 PM
lol!

He was for the password thread before he was against it.

He should run for President! :bow:

OKCMallen
10-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Well, I was just tyring to help some people out, and like it's been said, this wasn't really a secret. Hell, you could guess what the password was anyway within three guesses. Hope some of you guys got a seat. If you want to "fight the good fight" I recommend getting on craigslist and reporting the people scalping season tickets to the general public.

Luke
10-07-2008, 05:10 PM
I went to the box office, saved the $3.50 "convenience fee" per ticket and got 4 tickets for $40 for the first pre-season game. Can't wait till next tuesday night! :)

Turanacus
10-08-2008, 07:32 AM
LoL, he should run for president. LoL. What a goof.

OKCMallen
10-08-2008, 11:12 AM
I went to the box office, saved the $3.50 "convenience fee" per ticket and got 4 tickets for $40 for the first pre-season game. Can't wait till next tuesday night! :)

Smarter than what I did. PLUS, the convenience fee actually increases witht he price of the ticket....funny, the "convenience" doesn't increase. Ridiculous.

Luke
10-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Smarter than what I did. PLUS, the convenience fee actually increases witht he price of the ticket....funny, the "convenience" doesn't increase. Ridiculous.

Hadn't thought of that. So true, so true.