View Full Version : Brooklyn's Pizzeria & Grill

Karried
10-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Rose Creek Shopping Center... 17200 N May

5 Flat Panel TVs...

Our company did the interior of this pizza place.. The owners are really nice so I hope it does very well.

They have an extensive menu... appetizers.. ie, Olde School Potato Skins.. Artichoke Spinach Dip, Chicken Wings, etc ..

Soups and Salads, Green, Ceaser, Potato, Macaroni, Cole Slaw...

Main menu offers a huge variety but I don't want to type it all out... once I find the website, I'll post a link..

The Pizza is supposed to be awesome and they have about 20 Sandwiches, Italian Platters, Buckets of wings, and Family style Buckets.. Spaghetti, Meatball buckets, Chicken Tenders ... Desserts.. it looks so delicious..

Let me know what you think if anyone goes.. we'll probably head over there in the next couple of weeks.

Anyone been yet?

jbkrems
10-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Sounds really good... and close and near where I live. I can't wait for your website link so I can preview their menu.

John
10-06-2008, 01:19 AM
I'm pretty sure this incarnation isn't Hal Smith related, but his group had a restaurant in Norman on Lindsey that was the same concept. (At least name/menu being similar)

jbkrems
10-06-2008, 10:53 AM
That is correct. I have a friend who works for the new Java Dave's/Brooklyn's.

CCOKC
10-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Wow, I had no idea there was retail that far north. I haven't been out there in a good year or more.

jbrown84
10-09-2008, 05:59 PM
http://www.csmonitor.com/slideshows/durableSlideshows/suburbanSprawl/slide2.jpg

scootinger
10-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Wow, I had no idea there was retail that far north. I haven't been out there in a good year or more.

It's just a little strip mall...there are a few of them popping up around the Deer Creek area.

tpm
10-18-2008, 03:22 PM
we stopped in the other night and the pizza was very good - had the margharita. you can tell they are still learning the ropes, but it was worth it.

warreng88
03-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Rose Creek Shopping Center... 17200 N May

5 Flat Panel TVs...

Our company did the interior of this pizza place.. The owners are really nice so I hope it does very well.

I know Craig and his nephew Jacob. They are good people and run the business well. Jacob works his tail off day in, day out. I have had the hot dog, burger, pizza, potato skins and pepperoni rolls (not all in one sitting of course.) Also, their ranch is really good and they have the same ice they use at Sonic.

PS- the name of the restaurant has changed to Manhattan.

Karried
03-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks, I hope they are doing well.. what a time to start a new business ( in this economy!)... at least they don't have a lot of competition out there.

Tex
03-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Haven't had their pizza but I did have one of their sandwiches and it was disappointing. I prefer Cafe 7 since it's not that far from Manhattan's.

KTB
04-30-2009, 03:35 PM
My family really enjoyed Brooklyn's last fall. They had a nice staff and would deliver until about 1 AM. They did already go through a ownership change right after they opened. I guess business wasn't too good. The new name is Manhattan's I think. They also still have the Java Dave's sign. I went in there once and they really messed up my order and we were the only ones there. They were great about correcting it though. Although I haven't been back I wish them the best.

warreng88
05-23-2009, 08:39 AM
KTB, there wasn't an ownership change, it was simply a name change. I will talk to the owners and find out though.

warreng88
08-31-2009, 08:20 PM
Went by today for lunch and they were closed. There was a sign on the door that said they were sold, closed for renovation and name change. Frustrates me because I really liked the place.

jbkrems
09-01-2009, 05:47 PM
This does not surprise me. I knew some people who had worked there while the restaurant was open, and underwent many changes. There was always poor organization, disorganization, and in my view, bad management. Then they were out of items, constantly, and that is why I stopped going to lunch there. So, does not surprise me they are now out of business and closed. Plus, I also heard they were always having financial issues.

Tex
09-01-2009, 08:16 PM
I could care less that they shut down. I tried on two occasions calling to place an order for delivery. They never answered the phone. And I called many times each occasion. I was so fed up and decided not to give them my business. Bacchus wine shop a few doors down is another poorly run place.

jhouch
09-08-2009, 09:16 PM
we had tried that place several times with bad experiences each time. not surprised it is closed either. food was average.

KTB
09-15-2009, 12:22 PM
The sign on the door says they are closed for remodeling and will reopen on Sept. 15 with new ownership, new management, and a new menu. They are also changing their name, again. I think that makes it three times in the past year.