View Full Version : Lest we forget the horses

Doug Loudenback
10-04-2008, 06:05 AM
America's breed comes to Oklahoma City (http://horsechannel.com/horse-news/2008/10/04/americas-breed-okc.aspx)

America’s breed comes to Oklahoma City
The Grand National & World Championship Morgan Horse Show underway.
October 4, 2008

All eyes in the Morgan horse world are once again focused on Oklahoma City, as the town showcases some of the best athletes of America's first breed. October 4-11 marks the Grand National & World Championship Morgan Horse Show, the largest Morgan event in the nation.

No matter your riding style, there’s something for everyone at the Grand Nationals. Proving that the Morgan is truly a breed for all disciplines, Grand National classes include Classic, Park, Pleasure, Hunter, Western, In-Hand, Equitation, Carriage, Dressage, Jumper, Trail and Reining.

jbrown84
10-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Is this something we have every year?

Doug Loudenback
10-04-2008, 04:35 PM
I think so but I'm not really up to snuff ... it seems to me that I've read earlier that Okc is sort of a horse capitol for events of this type, apparently a big deal in the horse industry. But, I have no specifics. Others can comment better than I could (without researching the point).

jbrown84
10-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Yes. Horse Show Capital of the World, or whatever. But some of these float, so I wasn't sure.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Pretty sure it's every year...Because I got roped into going out there in my dress blues and doing a colorgaurd for this show about 15 years ago. So...Unless it's on some wonky schedule...It's probably annual.

Yes. Horse Show Capital of the World, or whatever. But some of these float, so I wasn't sure.

Horses float?

Well that's handy.

jbrown84
10-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Float/rotate between cities...

metro
10-06-2008, 02:19 PM
I heard on the news this morning Johnny Depp and Mary Tyler Moore are big Morgan horse people and will be here this week for this Morgan Horse show.

CCOKC
10-06-2008, 04:57 PM
I have to say Johnny Depp does something to me. I don't know what I would do if I saw him in person. I might have to become a Morgan Horse fan.