View Full Version : LIT Lounge / Open or Closed?

soonerfan21
10-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Has anyone else heard that LIT Lounge has closed? If so, I sure hate to hear that, as it was a welcome addition to OKC's Bricktown/downtown area.

tuck
10-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Closed.

MadMonk
10-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Apparently not welcome enough. :wink:

sroberts24
10-02-2008, 02:14 PM
no way! LIT is my favorite!

soonerfan21
10-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Way :rolleyes:

wsucougz
10-02-2008, 09:04 PM
That sucks. Not really my scene but definitely one of the more unique places to go in Bricktown. At least the building remains.

Bring on more lame-ass chains.

ssandedoc
10-03-2008, 12:44 AM
is this the clothing place next to Harkins?

soonerfan21
10-03-2008, 06:33 AM
No, it is the bar/lounge facing Flaming Lips Alley next to the ballpark. Very cool place in OKC.

lasomeday
10-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Sure is a bad time to close right before the Thunder season starts. If only they could have made it a few more months.

amaesquire
10-03-2008, 10:19 AM
I wish they would have held out a bit longer. That was a good place. Nothing like the rooftop patio.

metro
10-03-2008, 10:34 AM
is this the clothing place next to Harkins?

No that's Lit Clothing, as someone else said, this is Lit Lounge that is a block north across from Nonna's and the Ballpark.

badfish77
10-03-2008, 12:39 PM
I blame it on bad management. If only I could get my own place.....Ive been bartending in bricktown and downtown now for the last three years and have yet to find a place that knows what they're doing. There are a couple exceptions however....

jbrown84
10-03-2008, 06:27 PM
There was a blurb about it in the paper today. The owner said he closed 2 weeks ago after a "dismal summer".

When they first opened, it was a very trendy place and they had art shows and showed films sponsored by deadCENTER, but from what I hear, they completely fell off from that and didn't maintain their hip status.

BDP
10-06-2008, 03:17 PM
There was a blurb about it in the paper today. The owner said he closed 2 weeks ago after a "dismal summer".

When they first opened, it was a very trendy place and they had art shows and showed films sponsored by deadCENTER, but from what I hear, they completely fell off from that and didn't maintain their hip status.

I think it's kind of symbolic of how bricktown has evolved. I think a lot of that upscale trendy business has moved to Western and partly to Mid-Town. There just isn't much for the young and "hip" in bricktown and one bar will not draw the scene down there. And there's no real live music clubs, except Wormy Dog. I think the powers that be want it be straight forward bars, a few dance clubs, and more chain establishments, and I think that's what we're about to see, so it makes sense that Lit wouldn't fit in the mix anymore, unfortunately. I'd love to see them try a similar concept in Mid-Town, though.

dismayed
10-07-2008, 09:29 PM
It's Bricktown's own fault. Bricktown property owners need to perform better maintenance on their buildings, inside and out. When LIT first started up over 10 years ago a darkly lit bar in a cracked brick and cement cave seemed cool. Try comparing that to just your average suburban bar/restaurant today like BJ's and they blow LIT off the trendiness charts.

soonerfan21
10-08-2008, 08:19 AM
it may or may not be relevant but LIT opened in 2002, so the age factor shouldn't apply. They have been evolving every year with new features, stage, etc.

fsusurfer
10-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Thats a big bummer. I had some great times at LiT while I was living in bricktown. It was my groups hangout for several years while Mikey was the manager and Kat and Jo (among others) were bartenders. It was like our local "cheers" bar. We used to roll in there and pay for about 1 drink the whole night. They used to have live music occasionally, I got to preform there one night as a matter of fact. My group of friends have all since left OKC, and even though Im miles away now, I Feel like I've lost a little part of me since our old hangout has closed.

jbrown84
10-08-2008, 10:36 PM
We used to roll in there and pay for about 1 drink the whole night.

Well no wonder... ;)