View Full Version : Downtown OKC still seeking a president

metro
10-02-2008, 07:51 AM
Downtown Oklahoma City group seeks leader
Oklahoman
STEVE LACKMEYER
Published: October 2, 2008

For the first time in its history, Downtown Oklahoma City Inc. is advertising with the International Downtown Association in its search for a new president. The organization has yet to disclose how many have applied for the job (applications are due Tuesday). The Oklahoman has learned, however, that interested parties have included former politicians, government employees and members of the tourism industry. Advertisement
So what does the national ad say about what sort of person is Downtown Oklahoma City Inc. looking for?

AT A GLANCE
Qualities of a president:
→Integrity beyond any appearance of impropriety.
→Work ethic stronger and more noticeable than private sector counterparts.

→Innovation that finds cutting ways to deliver for clients.

→Passion for downtown.

Duties:
→Must advocate and create new ideas and events that will increase the value of the downtown experience.
→Speak to groups and organizations to advocate downtown.

→Coordinate downtown business recruitment.

→Work closely with investors.

→Facilitate meetings with downtown stakeholders and participate in development of master plans.

→Be involved with any event that involves downtown.

→Solicit funding for downtown events.

→Work with City Hall and investors on zoning issues, new laws and initiatives.

→Oversee organization’s budget, staff, agenda and service contracts relating to the downtown business improvement district.

→Serve as a liaison to various downtown groups.

→Oversee media and downtown events.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Background
Brett Hamm resigned last month as president of Downtown Oklahoma City Inc. and the organization is seeking its fourth leader in eight years. The organization operates the downtown business improvement district, which provides marketing, cleaning crews and event planning.

metro
11-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Has anyone heard more about if the position has been filled yet? I haven't heard anything yet. Steve?

jbrown84
11-14-2008, 01:02 PM
National searches usually take a few months.

Steve
11-14-2008, 01:38 PM
They're getting close.

kevinpate
11-15-2008, 05:20 AM
.oO(W is looking for work soon :))Oo.

metro
11-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Update (Steve here's a story lead, haha), DOKC has narrowed their national search down to two candidates. Both come from other urban areas that have had downtown residents for years (that will be good to have someone with real urban experience). I understand they will make their selection soon. That's all I can say for now.

Steve
11-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Metro, this has been out on the streets for a few weeks. But I have nothing official to confirm it. So if you want to put it out there, go for it. Yes, I've been hearing the same thing.

Turanacus
11-21-2008, 12:41 PM
I submit my resume for consideration.

metro
11-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Metro, this has been out on the streets for a few weeks. But I have nothing official to confirm it. So if you want to put it out there, go for it. Yes, I've been hearing the same thing.

True, but I've heard nothing about it online or on your blog/articles so I'm willing this is news to most reading this thread so I wanted to post it.

Steve
11-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Trick is, do you know for sure what you're saying is true?

metro
11-24-2008, 07:26 AM
Pretty solid. I'm not a journalist so I can take a little more risk, but you know my track record has been above par.