View Full Version : Envy Clothing - downtown

metro
10-02-2008, 07:41 AM
I believe Envy Clothing in the Sante Fe train depot shops is now open. I drove by yesterday and it appeared to look open. I wish the media would quit abusing the word Bricktown. This is not in Bricktown folks, it's before you get to Bricktown. If anything it will feed off the NBA and convention foot traffic. Also here is a neat video of the finished interior on newsok:

Article Player | NewsOK (http://feeds.newsok.tv/services/link/bcpid1766638491/bctid1830104564)

Here is a pic I took awhile back:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3151/2795124866_befafc413c.jpg?v=0

For those of you not aware of this retail project, here is the thread:

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/4796-depot-get-shops-4.html?highlight=depot+shops

Tex
10-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Let me guess, Affliction and Ed Hardy shirts for everyone.

soonerfan21
10-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Good grief - the location is probably a few yards from Bricktown. What's wrong with labeling as such. Just gives the Bricktown area more ammo when touting the benefits.

John
10-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Let me guess, Affliction and Ed Hardy shirts for everyone.

Don't forget Team Tapout! :dizzy:

Doug Loudenback
10-02-2008, 02:32 PM
If it matters, the "warehouse district" originally extended across the ATSF RR to encompass buildings west of the tracks, I think ... Steve Lackmeyer's upcoming book addresses that, I think. But, yes, today, we do think of "Bricktown" as beginning on the east side of the RR, even if it may have been a bit different in times gone by.

Architect2010
10-03-2008, 03:32 PM
I cannot view the video. It won't work.

I can't find it on NewsOK either.

Steve
10-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Metro, I agree too many people apply Bricktown to areas that are no where near the district. I've even seen one case of reporting the Colcord was in Bricktown. But in this case, the depot is in Bricktown.
- Steve Lackmeyer

Luke
10-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Metro, I agree too many people apply Bricktown to areas that are no where near the district. I've even seen one case of reporting the Colcord was in Bricktown. But in this case, the depot is in Bricktown.
- Steve Lackmeyer

BURRRRRRRRRRN!!!!

;)

Steve
10-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Luke, I wasn't meaning to be rude to Metro or anyone else - I was just typing in a quick comment and sometimes my brevity is misunderstood.
Sorry about that, Metro.
Anyway....
Some quick history without giving away all the contents of my next book:
What we call Bricktown today was originally the city's wholesale district. As with any area, boundaries naturally expand and retract over time. But in its heyday, the district extended one block west of the Santa Fe tracks (including the station), south to what we now know as the Producers Co-Op, and east to Byers. The north boundary was at NE 1 east of the tracks and NE 3 west of the tracks.
Even as the west fringe of the district was eliminated by Urban Renewal, the station was always the gateway to the district, whether it was the wholesale district or Bricktown. And until a few months ago, the station was part of the Bricktown Urban Design District (I've been told by city folks the boundary was changed at the request of the Brewer family).
Anyway, I hopes this helps.
-Steve

Luke
10-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Luke, I wasn't meaning to be rude to Metro or anyone else - I was just typing in a quick comment and sometimes my brevity is misunderstood.

I know, that's why I put the wink.

Just tryin' to be funny. :)

metro
10-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Good points Steve, but no one I know, really associates the Sante Fe train depot with being in Bricktown. Definitely no one I know says hey let's hit up the Sante Fe depot while were in Bricktown. I'd say it's fairly safe to assume no one really associates it with Bricktown in modern times other than being the gateway leading into Bricktown. I think of it more of the CBD and convention area. I think Envy will pull shoppers from conventions and NBA games more than from Bricktown traffic.

Turanacus
10-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Great points all,

Everyone I know, and some people I don't know, and even some others that kind of know -kind of don't know, all associate the train station with Bricktown.

metro
10-09-2008, 09:29 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3047/2927189674_8bfd127a6c.jpg?v=0

jbrown84
10-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Looks good. How much of that space are they taking? Is there an open one on the left?

CCOKC
10-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Good for them. The locally owned businesses are what give the city it's flavor. I know it is a huge risk and a lot of work but this couple is truly doing something for this city instead of just talking about it (like a lot of us do). And we can help by seeking out these stores and spending our money at locally owned places. Remember a lot of the stores we are coveting (eg Whole Foods) started as a locally owned store somewhere. Good luck to you and every small business owner in town.

jbrown84
10-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Stopped in there today. They are open. Very nice set up in a great, unique space.

Hours are:
Mon-Fri 10am-6pm
Sat 10am-7pm
Sun 1pm-5pm

Also I asked her about the space next door, and she said THAT is where Boulevard Steak House had planned to open a restaurant, but that has fallen through. She said that the owners of Buddha Tao are looking at it. It is a very large space--plenty big for a restaurant.

metro
10-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Budda Tao or a similar concept would be nice as Chinese/Asian food is lacking downtown, especially near the Bricktown/Convention area. Most places downtown are closed or delivery only after the lunch crowd.

jbrown84
10-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah, Happy House and Thai Kitchen on the NW side of the CBD are the only ones I'm aware of that are open at night.

johnnyboyokc
10-12-2008, 02:01 AM
Well i think this is a great addition to bricktown/downtown (depends if your metro or not) however envy collections is a high end trendy boutique.......no ed hardy no affliction and no tapout.....for all you haters!!!!!!!!!!!! Before you talk **** come in and see (mr. Brown did) Envy is open 7 days a week...............

betts
10-12-2008, 07:36 AM
I think the awning adds a lot. Glad the old ones are not going to be sticking around when a store open.

BailJumper
10-12-2008, 06:25 PM
We need to start a "when will they go out of business" pot - closest to closing date wins the pot!

Yeah, yeah, I'm a hater, but look through my history and I don't think I've pegged a single loser business in Bricktown yet.

I give them a year - not accounting for spite. Throw in spite and I give them 2 years.

metro
10-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Well i think this is a great addition to bricktown/downtown (depends if your metro or not) however envy collections is a high end trendy boutique.......no ed hardy no affliction and no tapout.....for all you haters!!!!!!!!!!!! Before you talk **** come in and see (mr. Brown did) Envy is open 7 days a week...............

Great way to promote your business. Talk down on your potential customers.:tiphat:

Tex
10-13-2008, 01:29 PM

Let's not get riled up johnny boy. I wasn't hating on Envy and didn't mean my comments to come across as me talking crap. I was poking fun at the proliferation of Ed Hardy & Co. shirts and my message was a subconscious way of hoping Envy didn't cater to the Ed Hardy & Co. crowd. And now I'm glad to hear that it is a high end trendy boutique.

However, I do hope this is not your business as you have already talked down to a potential customer.

jbrown84
10-13-2008, 02:12 PM
The owner is a Brewer...

metro
10-13-2008, 02:20 PM
yeah, and johnnyboy is probably related to the owner.

jbrown84
10-13-2008, 03:02 PM
No, it's a woman.

BailJumper
10-13-2008, 07:54 PM
The owner is a Brewer...

That's two strikes!

Which Brewer - the one daddy gave a bar in Bricktown years ago and he ran it into the ground within months, the gay brewer, or the total reject UPS worker Brewer?

In case you haven't guessed, I'm no fan of the Brewer's or the blowhard head of the family.

envycollections
10-14-2008, 11:17 PM
To all of you that have taken the time to discuss my store Envy Collections before you are quick to judge come by and meet me and see what I have to offer!

envycollections
10-15-2008, 01:06 AM
that is a low blow since chris brewer died of AIDS a couple of years ago......

metro
10-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Envy Opens Downtown with Rock Star Power

Envy Collections has opened its new location at the Historic Santa Fe train station, 150 South E.K. Gaylord. Envy is open Monday 11 - 6, Tuesday -Thursday 10 - 6, Friday & Saturday 10 - 7 and Sunday 1 - 5

The very hip and cool clothier now provides Oklahoma City with brands from rock stars like Gene Simmons, Gwen Stefaniand fashion magnate, Nikki Hilton.

Envy Collections will import name brands such as Money Bags by Gene Simmons, Nicholai Cartouche line, Chick by Nikki Hilton, L.A.M.B shoes and hand bags by Gwen Stefani, Mark Nason shoes and accessories, Rock & Republic shoes and hand bags, Hale Bob, Brown Label denim for men and women, Francesco Biasia hand bags, Alp'N Rock for men and women, Serfontaine, Laguna Beach Jean, Susie Mooratoff, Sky, Nation, Young Fab and Broke, Yoga Army, Ben Sherman for men and women, King and Queens of Glory, Dream Control, Sergio Zelcer, White and Warren, Bordeaux, Trina Tarina Tarantino, Walter, Yana, and Dussault Apparel.

For more information, visit the website at Envy Collections (http://www.envycollections.com) or call 405-232-ENVY

psychotrick
06-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Well I have been to the new Envy store. I have to say that there are a lot of cool clothes, but the funny thing is that some of the exact same clothes are sold at Lucca in Penn Square Mall for 40% less. I am talking the exact same brand and exact same piece of clothing. So if you see something you like at Envy and would like it 40% off, go to Lucca and check to see if they have it first.

fromdust
06-27-2009, 02:03 AM
thanks for the info. i sure dont want to pay $115 for a shirt & $230 for a pair of jeans when i can get the same thing for almost half that, of course with the price half of those prices i still dont want to pay. :)

xotraceyxo
11-30-2009, 01:21 PM
this is insane to talk crazy about a store or a family. whoms family has done a ton for our communit lets check that out b4 we begin to doubt somebody potential. id say they are pretty dang successfull gender race sexuality was beyond a low blow. check the history of bricktown and surrounding of and whos done so much to make and help it be where it is today haters