View Full Version : New store in Bricktown

soonerfan21
10-02-2008, 06:13 AM
Love the space for this new clothing store - hope they do well!

Article Player | NewsOK (http://feeds.newsok.tv/services/link/bcpid1766638491/bctid1830104564)

metro
10-02-2008, 07:56 AM
It's actually not in Bricktown but before you get into Bricktown. There are a couple threads on it in the Metro Area Talk section. I wish the media would quit misusing and abusing the word Bricktown. Heck, there is a Gas station on Reno near Western that says is named Bricktown when it's a mile away from Bricktown. I'm getting sick of the word Bricktown.

tuck
10-02-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm getting sick of the word Bricktown.

AGREE!!!

Thunder
10-02-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm getting sick of the word Bricktown.

Okay, buy the whole place and name it Thunderdome.

metro
10-03-2008, 10:35 AM
thunder, i'm getting sick of the misuse of the word Bricktown. Everyone wants to capitalize on the word Bricktown even if there business is a mile or more away from it.

jbrown84
10-03-2008, 06:32 PM
I think we're just going to have to get used to it. I'm sure there are places named "Times Square ____" and "West End _____" that are feeding off those names unfairly. Seems to come with the territory of having a tourist hot spot.

kevinpate
10-04-2008, 05:21 PM
This might be fun ... who can ID an establishment completely away from Bricktown which includes Bricktown into its name all the same. Look N,S,E,W for your choices. That gas station mentioned at a mile out may not be the furthest one out.

windowphobe
10-04-2008, 06:34 PM
There was - I haven't been down that way lately, so I don't know if it's still there - something called "Bricktown Guest Suites" on I-35 at SE Grand, a good four miles outside the district.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Somebody should tell Old Chicago that their Beaverton Oregon location is over twelve hundred miles away from Chicago.

"Bricktown" is a brand image that is going to be used by quite a few places I'm sure, as it's the cool place to be these days. If it helps with the proliferation and profit of the actual location, I'm all for it. Is it unoriginal thought in business naming and/or advertising? Sure. But so is using the word "Okie" or "Sooner" in the name of your business, and that stuff is everywhere.

Just my opinion anyway.

johnnyboyokc
10-11-2008, 10:34 PM
when the owner of the sante fe depot is the same man that developed bricktown ........i'd say the depot is a part of bricktown.........listen to steve.......

Doug Loudenback
10-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Yeah, if Steve says it's in Bricktown (as he does), that's good enough for me.

bluedogok
10-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Somebody should tell Old Chicago that their Beaverton Oregon location is over twelve hundred miles away from Chicago.
The funny thing about that is Old Chicago is based in Louisville, Colorado which is a suburb of Denver, along with Boston Market being Denver area based (Golden) as well....and then the ridiculous, Texas Roadhouse being based in Indianapolis and suing REAL Texas roadhouses that existed long before the crappy steak chain for using "their" name.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
10-12-2008, 08:53 PM
The funny thing about that is Old Chicago is based in Louisville, Colorado which is a suburb of Denver, along with Boston Market being Denver area based (Golden) as well....and then the ridiculous, Texas Roadhouse being based in Indianapolis and suing REAL Texas roadhouses that existed long before the crappy steak chain for using "their" name.

That's asinine. Then...So is Monster Cable suing everything with the word Monster on it.

Kerry
10-13-2008, 07:05 AM
That's asinine. Then...So is Monster Cable suing everything with the word Monster on it.

No, but they are suing all real monsters. King Kong, Godzilla, and The Wolfman are counter suing. I hear they are trying to make it class-action.

metro
10-13-2008, 08:29 AM
when the owner of the sante fe depot is the same man that developed bricktown ........i'd say the depot is a part of bricktown.........listen to steve.......

who your dad? if it was always a vital part of Bricktown, why is it just now being developed? no one I know when they say let's go to Bricktown, even thinks of the sante fe train station.

metro
10-13-2008, 08:36 AM
No, but they are suing all real monsters. King Kong, Godzilla, and The Wolfman are counter suing. I hear they are trying to make it class-action.

Now that is funny. ROFL.:dizzy: